6. Raiders- OT- Jake Long- Michigan

7. Chiefs- OT- Michael Oher- Ole Miss

8. Ravens- CB- Antoine Cason- Arizona

9. Bengals- RB- Steve Slaton- West Virginia

10. Panthers- LB- Dan Connor- Penn St

11. Bears- QB- Matt Ryan- Boston College

12. Eagles- WR- Malcolm Kelly- Oklahoma

13. Cardinals- DT- Sedrick Ellis- USC

14. Texans- FS- Kenny Phillips- Miami (FL)

15. Broncos- WR- Early Doucet- LSU

16. Redskins- DE- Calais Campbell- Miami (FL)

17. Lions- QB- Andre' Woodson- Kentucky

18. Saints- CB- Malcolm Jenkins- Ohio St

19. Bills- OT- Ryan Clady- Boise St

20. Vikings- CB- Reggie Smith- Oklahoma

21. Titans- DE-Vernon Gholston- Ohio St

22. Cowboys- WR- DeSean Jackson- California

23. Chargers- LB- Keith Rivers- USC

24. Bucs- WR- Mario Manningham- Michigan

25. Seahawks- OT- Gosder Cherilus- Boston College

26. Giants- CB- Brandon Flowers- Virginia Tech

27. Jaguars- DE- Derrick Harvey- Florida

28. Steelers- DE- Tyson Jackson- LSU

29. Packers- RB- Rashard Mendenhall- Illinois

30. 49ers- WR- James Hardy- Indiana

31. Cowboys- CB- Agib Talib- Kansas

32- Patriots- Pick forfeited

It's not a bad mock, really. Qb is obviously a need for the Bears, and many people think very highly of Ryan. And we know Angelo loves his linemen. Obviously it'll be almost completely wrong, like every mock done now. But the picks fit the teams reasonably well.

They cant take an offensive skill player in the first round, they just cant. It has to be O line or even safety depending on what kind of O line help they can get in F/A.....Faneca :pray

They cant take an offensive skill player in the first round, they just cant. It has to be O line or even safety depending on what kind of O line help they can get in F/A.....Faneca :pray

I'm not saying I want this to happen. Only that it's a reasonable guess. This certainly isn't the only mock that has the Bears taking a qb.

I don't love the idea of a Ryan pick, but if the braintrust loves him...can't pass on a franchise qb, the saying goes.

Its also good to see Rashard getting some love! :)

We need to go offensive lineman in the first round. Maybe we can nab Colt Brennan in the 2nd round, doubtful :(

I personally can't ever endorse the drafting of Colt Brennan. I played little league baseball with Colt (we both played all stars) and the guy has always rubbed everyone the wrong way. He may have changed following his fiasco at Colorado, but I can't get past the serious issues he had (last time I talked to him would have probably been sophmore year of high school or so when I happened to bump into him at a random party).

Than again, I'm sure most of the upper echelon athletes (he stood out amongst all of us on the baseball team and we had a couple guys in our league that would eventually get drafted years down the road) have those type of issues. For me he rubbed me the wrong way (he was a total primadonna).

I'd compare Matt Ryan to Carson Palmer. I don't know why, but they seem to have similar build and throwing motions. I like Ryan a lot, but I'm also quite happy with Rex and I think the offensive line and finding an offensive coordinator is a far more pressing issue.

their 2nd round has us taking some DT.

pretty horrible.

Frank Okam wouldn't be that bad of a pick. He's a good fit for NT in the 4-3 and can cause some pressure...

I personally like my idea of signin Corey Williams however.

I personally can't ever endorse the drafting of Colt Brennan. I played little league baseball with Colt (we both played all stars) and the guy has always rubbed everyone the wrong way. He may have changed following his fiasco at Colorado, but I can't get past the serious issues he had (last time I talked to him would have probably been sophmore year of high school or so when I happened to bump into him at a random party).

Than again, I'm sure most of the upper echelon athletes (he stood out amongst all of us on the baseball team and we had a couple guys in our league that would eventually get drafted years down the road) have those type of issues. For me he rubbed me the wrong way (he was a total primadonna).

I'd compare Matt Ryan to Carson Palmer. I don't know why, but they seem to have similar build and throwing motions. I like Ryan a lot, but I'm also quite happy with Rex and I think the offensive line and finding an offensive coordinator is a far more pressing issue.

Brennan makes me itch. Something just tells me he's Tommy Chang Jr wrapped up in Ken Dorsey's body.

Brennan might be a prick but so was Jim McMahon. I watched a couple Hawaii games this year because I had my doubts about Brennan. It seems every year there's a college QB who runs the spread offense that gets a lot of hype before the draft. Most don't pan out in part because most don't have a strong arm. That's exactly the way I felt about Tommy Chang. Brennan has a much stronger arm and he's very accurate with his passes, whether a guy is on a quick slant in or at a dead stop on a hook pattern, or on a deep fly pattern. He also does a good job placing the ball away from defenders, keeping where only his guy can catch it. He seems to have good pocket presence but this is a bit up in the air since so many of his plays are quick passes. He also shows good mobility, better than any QB on our roster.

He didn't play a lot of games against first rate competition so that will be a big question mark over him but if he's there for us in the second round I think we need to consider him. Spread offense or not you don't see many guys with a completion % as high as his:

85%, 70%, 81%, 61%, 76%, 58%, 63%, 72%, 75%, 84%

For sure the numbers get inflated a bit because of screen plays but I watched his last game and his WRs were not wide open all game. On top of that many passes were beyond the LOS and Washington often had a defender right on the WR and the ball had to be placed perfectly. Late in the game he threw a perfect deep ball hitting his WR in stride.

I completely agree that getting a new Offensive Coordinator and Offensive line is our most pressing issue. Lovie must FIRE Turner and get a real Off Coordinator in there. Can anyone think of any one that we might be available.

Their is a remote shot that the Dolphins will fire Cam Cameron. Cameron was a solid coach at Indiana and obviously did a great job with the Chargers. The one question is whether Cameron is really that good/innovative of an offensive mind since things can look a lot easier when you have the likes of Tomilson/Gates.

Another option is a retreat such as Jim Fassel. I am not sure if he would take any job other than a head coaching job as his last asst job didn't go over too well in Baltimore. Whether you like it or not, Fassell is a very good offensive mind who has a history of running a good offense. I also think Chicago would be a good situation for him because he will be in a spot with a team that if the offense jumps up everyone would be knocking on his door again to become a head coach. Plus Lovie is the exact head coach he can work for, since, like it or not he still has a ton of job security and doesn't need to be afraid of his asst gunning for his own job.

Their is a remote shot that the Dolphins will fire Cam Cameron. Cameron was a solid coach at Indiana and obviously did a great job with the Chargers. The one question is whether Cameron is really that good/innovative of an offensive mind since things can look a lot easier when you have the likes of Tomilson/Gates. .

IMO, there are few stupider things you can do than hire a first time NFL head coach and then give them less than 4 years to put in place a quality system and develop/sign some of the players they want. But then again, what intelligent decisions have the Fins made in the last 8 years or so?