AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I'm a NEWBIE again!

CrackerDog

That seriously may be the most upsetting aspect of the "what do we do in the offseason" discussion.

Last year, in the offseason, we were looking at depth. We were looking at needs for future years. We were looking at few actual upgrades for starting positions. Most positions were set, and new players were more likely to bring depth and special teams.

Now, it feels like we need help everywhere.

QB - Situation is flat out ugly.

RB - Even Benson supporters like myself see the need for, at minimum, a better #2 who can provide legit competition.

WR - As ugly as QB.

TE - Among the only positions fans can be content w/

OG - Metcalf is so bad, a one armed Brown was better. Our issue at LG is so bad, Garza actually looks good.

OT - Tait has been abused this year, and Miller is done. We have little to no depth.

DE - We have talent, but need better coaching to utilize that talent.

DT - Do these guys know who Rusty Jones is? We need health and better depth.

LB - Briggs is going to want a fortune, and at a time when we have so many other needs. Urlacher is hurting, and our rookie LB just lost a year.

S - As bad as the offense is, this may be our worst area. That is telling. We do not have anyone worthy to start OR BACKUP.

CB - Put this up there w/ TE as a rare position to be content w/, especially w/ McBride showing positive things.

P - I think he is playing great. His numbers would be far better if our special teams guys could better locate the ball inside the 20.

K - I would love to see kickoffs go further, but as long as he continues to convert FGs, I will give him a pass.

HC - I think he is a joke, but no chance he is gone.

OC - May be gone, and it would be deserved, but I have little faith we can find an upgrade.

DC - Babbich should be gone, but because he is buds w/ Lovie, he is more likely safe. Too bad. His unit went from best to worst.

DL, OL & WR position coaches should be gone as well.

Now it feels like Bearstalk...Nfo posting 25 posts a day...I think the biggest issues going into the offseason are fixing the Oline and getting someone...ANYONE...who can tackle as a safety. if we do that, we will at worst be competitive next year. If we can manage a few upgrades on O, then we may just have a shot at something. :bears