Final 7 games

adam

9 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

that really does fit with what we've seen, both the interceptions and the lack of those plays on the field. It feels like it describes exactly the stuff I've been missing. Most West Coast rhythm style pocket passers make a living on that stuff.

So I guess I have to ask, is it prudent to try to win a Super Bowl with that kind of massive hole in the middle of your playbook?

No, if you are taking that part of the field away by yourself, then the defense can put assets in other places, which then it makes it doubly hard on you to succeed.

I think this next game against DET will be the most telling game of Fields' career. He will be over 9 weeks since his injury, with 2 games under his belt to knock of the rust. The entire team will be coming off a bye, and will more than likely be the healthiest they have been all year. It is going to be his first home game since returning from injury, and he just put up 16-23, 169 yds, 69.6%, 7.3 Y/A, 1 TD, 0 INT with 104 rushing yards against DET in a hostile environment. So more weeks removed from injury, check, at home, check, coming off a bye, check, 2nd game against opponent, check. If he can't improve, look better, and win with all that going for him, you have your answer about his future and what the Bears will do going forward.

If he plays bad, or only average and they lose again, the remaining games will not be able to overcome the last 3. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, adam said:

No, if you are taking that part of the field away by yourself, then the defense can put assets in other places, which then it makes it doubly hard on you to succeed.

I think this next game against DET will be the most telling game of Fields' career. He will be over 9 weeks since his injury, with 2 games under his belt to knock of the rust. The entire team will be coming off a bye, and will more than likely be the healthiest they have been all year. It is going to be his first home game since returning from injury, and he just put up 16-23, 169 yds, 69.6%, 7.3 Y/A, 1 TD, 0 INT with 104 rushing yards against DET in a hostile environment. So more weeks removed from injury, check, at home, check, coming off a bye, check, 2nd game against opponent, check. If he can't improve, look better, and win with all that going for him, you have your answer about his future and what the Bears will do going forward.

If he plays bad, or only average and they lose again, the remaining games will not be able to overcome the last 3. 

You are always the voice of reason. Well at least sometimes. 

36 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

You are always the voice of reason. Well at least sometimes. 

Lol, I jump back and forth between my own beliefs, desires, and what I think the team is thinking. I want Fields to be H1M. That would be the best outcome for the franchise as it would provide unprecedented flexibility in the draft and would allow the team to take another leap forward against the competition (gained Moore + Wright + Johnson + 2024 1st + 2025 2nd) which could lead to an additional 2025 1st (if they trade a 1st) or drafting 2x blue chippers in the top 10.

If Fields is deemed not the guy, then one of those picks is a QB, meaning there is still a hole to be filled and the team doesn't nearly take the leap forward against the grain as they would with using two picks or being able to trade one to gain more capital.

I think they gave him a pass for the DET game as it was his first game back and he outperformed expectations. Then against MIN, they knew the blitzes would cause issues, so they modified the game plan. Now with this next game, there should be no restrictions and it will be his cleanest evaluation since the Denver, Washington games.