Hopefully Bears Related - Joe Flacco - Fri - ESPN2

Clenched_CLAW

I follow, but I'm hard pressed to pass up what could be a franchise QB. Just because we've failed on the last couple, doesn't mean we should stop trying. I really don't think much of what we'd draft would be an immediate help anyway.

But I agree with youoverall assessment. 2OL, S, WR, DT, RB, QB. However I think our orders may differ. I also think we could find at least one of the OL in FA, as well as a safety. I see DT as something we'd try in a later round. What I'd like to see would be:

1. QB

2. OL

3. WR

4. RB

5. OL

6. DT

7. S

Even if the Bears find an O-Lineman in FA, I think their O-Line has performed so poorly this year that they have to target at least 2. If you grab 1 in FA and draft another one highly, and then maybe consider picking another one in round 4-5, you might at least have some hope of rebuilding that unit.

Beyond that, I would go with WR if Berrian walks, simply for numbers. I actually put QB 3rd, but I jump it up to 2nd if Grossman walks. Right now, if the Bears want to compete in 2008, depending on injuries, it can still happen if they rebuild that O-Line and hold onto Grossman or have Orton perform. But if they stick a rookie QB in behind an O-Line that hasn't been overhauled heavily, they're going to get thrashed on offense next year because they still won't be able to run. And with veterans like Urlacher, Tait, Clark, etc., not getting younger, giving up a full year or two to try to redevelop a QB just doesn't seem like a valid plan to me.

haha... but seriously, that game was badly refed.

It was amazing how some of those calls went and even more amazing Delaware kept its composure.

He's played well today...

Agreed.

The touch over the DB as he is getting hit early to get the blitz to back down

The 2 throws into the endzone that were both TDs, but, the second actually was allowed.

just hasn't gotten much help from his teammates.

His stud RB was banged up.

I was perplexed how the O-Line failed to play better after completing the T Metcalf On-Line O-Line Course. :shakehead

The TE stopping rather than catching the ball in stride for a TD. :bang

The best part of such a loss will be the emptiness that only 5 Lombardi Trophies can fill. :D

I grew up in Delaware, took some classes at U of Delaware. Would love to see Flacco drafted by the Bears but only if we can take care of some other needs first, either in FA or the draft. Our OL is our first and greatest need. Unless we can get a strong OL it does not matter what skill players we have standing behind them.