Poles please blow this thing up

adam

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Or any college coach that wants to make a leap into the NFL who isn’t already an HC at that level.  A little more riskier but still a possibility . 

And this as a topic of conspiracy, not based on any current rumor or any potential fact but a ‘what-if’ if you will.  

Was reading up on the Harbaugh family recently and was reminded how much a football family the Harbaugh’s are.  Forgot that dad Jack was himself a successful HC and won a national championship at the D2 level and is currently the asst HC for Michigan (probably more ‘pro tempore’ than anything) and of course John himself a SB winner at the NFL level.  

Then there’s Jay Harbaugh, son of Jim who is currently Michigan’s ST coordinator (and one time interim HC this last season when dad was serving one of his suspensions).  “What if” a deal is in place with Jim that he has said how about my son come to Chicago as a coach on your staff?  Put him in it OC (or something else to get his feet wet and not be “obvious”) to see how he does?  Jim tells the Bears if next year your guys’ record still sucks come back to me and I’ll rethink about joining you.  In the meantime I’m gonna enjoy this new contract Michigan offered me and the new status I’ve gotten here at Michigan a little bit longer.  Just a wild conspiracy thought to ponder because ‘why not’?  

Doubt if it works that way but if Jim comes here, he clearly will have the power to hire him.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic