My Draft addiction (CW Edition)

killakrzydav

47 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

his might be my favorite so far but I neglected safety and 3T

PFN_MDS_Result__1707058690051.png

It will be killer ( no pun intended) if we end up with Bowers,JPJ, Corley, dont know enough about the rest of the picks but i will. (minus picking a QB) 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/2/2024 at 11:55 AM, killakrzydav said:

PFN_MDS_Result__1706657618226.png

This one would be pretty amazing.

maybe a little scary to throw a rookie QB behind a bunch of OL inexperience, but I think Fautanu and JPJ start immediately. And Jordan Morgan fights for a spot as well.

22 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Here are two mocks, one taking CW and one trading down twice. The trade down nets two 2025 1sts and a 2nd.  2025 would give the Bears flexibility to do a Detroit and take a stud RB or ILB high.

PFN_MDS_Result__1706987059618.png

PFN_MDS_Result__1706982397206.png

I hate all drafts that grab Bowers. A second pass catching TE is a luxury, and there are actual spots of need right now.

Yeah, yeah, Gronk and Hernandez, but otherwise it’s not realistic. Two “move” TEs just hasn’t successfully happened as far as I can recall otherwise.

I’d rather see someone like Brevyn Spann-Ford from Minnesota in round 5.

I basically manufactured the trades to suit my needs, focus on offense, and support Fields. 

• Best WR
  • Best OC
  • Best OG
  • Insurance QB
  • Remainder are high quality, good output players from big football schools.

At the end I was just being funny and maneuvering to get the former players' sons.

image.png

1 minute ago, jason said:

I basically manufactured the trades to suit my needs, focus on offense, and support Fields. 

• Best WR
  • Best OC
  • Best OG
  • Insurance QB
  • Remainder are high quality, good output players from big football schools.

At the end I was just being funny and maneuvering to get the former players' sons.

image.png

If we end up getting 8 top 100 players in this draft, shit is hitting the fan in the division next year. We can only dream. 

On 2/4/2024 at 12:01 PM, jason said:

I hate all drafts that grab Bowers. A second pass catching TE is a luxury, and there are actual spots of need right now.

Yeah, yeah, Gronk and Hernandez, but otherwise it’s not realistic. Two “move” TEs just hasn’t successfully happened as far as I can recall otherwise.

I’d rather see someone like Brevyn Spann-Ford from Minnesota in round 5.

Kmet is not a move TE, he is inline or Y.  Bowers would be your move, H back/slot WR. 

Look no further than the years of winning by Gronkowski and now Kelce. Those two have helped carry their franchises to multiple SBs. 

A base two TE set would wreck havoc on defenses deciding to put run personal or dime in. Nabors would be the Tyreek Hill explosive threat and Moore your reliable go to. Kmet a weapon too and one of the best run blocking TEs. 

I agree, he would be a luxury and a QBs best friend. 

I seen a writer say that Waldron run a lot of two TE sets in Seattle. Two TEs would give  us the middle of the field, a place the Bears didn't throw a lot last year. Helps in the run game. With DJ and a big WR , you create havoc. 

Here's a draft list of top players by Ourlads website, they are former scouts that still provide information to some teams. their lists are always a little different than most so called experts on the draft. I track them and they are fairly accurate on the players taken in the first round but not at the right teams. 

https://www.ourlads.com/top-32-college-senior-prospects/nfl-draft/2024/6362497/

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Here's a draft list of top players by Ourlads website, they are former scouts that still provide information to some teams. their lists are always a little different than most so called experts on the draft. I track them and they are fairly accurate on the players taken in the first round but not at the right teams. 

https://www.ourlads.com/top-32-college-senior-prospects/nfl-draft/2024/6362497/

Honestly gotta read up more on Daniels.  For me he played in an SEC school after playing at ASU and won the Heisman this last year (which I didn't know).  But man its hard to overlook MHJ repeatedly showing up in the top two positions in just about everyone's boards.  The write up on Williams seems almost a carbon copy of Fields'.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Honestly gotta read up more on Daniels.  For me he played in an SEC school after playing at ASU and won the Heisman this last year (which I didn't know).  But man its hard to overlook MHJ repeatedly showing up in the top two positions in just about everyone's boards.  The write up on Williams seems almost a carbon copy of Fields'.  

The only true generational player going into the draft is MHJ, some others may prove to be that, but no one doubts Marvin isnt great. 

On 2/5/2024 at 8:04 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Kmet is not a move TE, he is inline or Y.  Bowers would be your move, H back/slot WR. 

Look no further than the years of winning by Gronkowski and now Kelce. Those two have helped carry their franchises to multiple SBs. 

A base two TE set would wreck havoc on defenses deciding to put run personal or dime in. Nabors would be the Tyreek Hill explosive threat and Moore your reliable go to. Kmet a weapon too and one of the best run blocking TEs. 

I agree, he would be a luxury and a QBs best friend. 

I don't know if I agree that Kmet is purely a Y. Based on alignment, I thought traditional TE=Y and TE who is used in the slot, backfield, etc. is a "move" or "Z." He may not line up in the backfield, but I've seen him in the slot. Either way, he's a #1 TE and the Bears should fill other holes before spending early draft capital on another pass-catching TE, whatever the categorization.

12 hours ago, jason said:

I don't know if I agree that Kmet is purely a Y. Based on alignment, I thought traditional TE=Y and TE who is used in the slot, backfield, etc. is a "move" or "Z." He may not line up in the backfield, but I've seen him in the slot. Either way, he's a #1 TE and the Bears should fill other holes before spending early draft capital on another pass-catching TE, whatever the categorization.

If Bowers is Kittle like and we drop back in the top ten, he will be a consideration. Waldron run two TE sets, for example:  in the Detriot game that turned into 11 completions for 161 yards. Those plays were highly suscessful and helped in the power running game also .

20 hours ago, jason said:

Kmet is a pure inline TE.  He doesn't have the lateral agility and separation quickness.  Bowers has the ability to line up in the backfield, slot abd wide.  He's not an online blocker, but is a great blocker with LB's and DB's, due to his willingness, technique and lateral quickness.  How many times have we seen a YAC opportunity for Kmet and his change of direction was summit not there.  Dude is a diesel though.  I honestly believe a guy like Bowers, frees Kmet up more. 

I'm good with Moore getting 100 catches, with Bowers and Kmet getting 100 total.  After that, our number two receiver can get 50-70 and we have a squad.

Edited by Mongo3451
Major gaffe

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Kmet is a pure inline TE.  He doesn't have the lateral agility and separation quickness.  Bowers has the ability to line up in the backfield, slot abd wide.  He's not an online blocker, but is a great blocker with LB's and DB's, due to his willingness, technique and lateral quickness.  How many times have we seen a YAC opportunity for Kmet and his change of direction was summit not there.  Dude is a diesel though.  I honestly believe a guy like Bowers, frees Kmet up more. 

I'm good with Moore getting 100 catches, with Bowers and Kmet getting 100 each.  After that our number two receiver can get 50-70 and we have a squad.

Other than MHJ, Bowers is the next best weapons option in the draft.