On D Tackle

Connorbear

I believe we really don't need to see either Walker or Harris play the rest of the yr. I would rather see Izzy, Kennedy, and the 2 new tackles get the reps to see what we have from them for next yr. Hell, on passing downs put Alex in the middle as we have done in the past.

Peace :bears

I would cringe if Harris somehow got hurt. We already know he's playing on one leg and we might as well end that expirement. I have to be honest, Harris has some sacks but it baffles me that he's still the best DT on this team (because on one leg, quite frankly, he hasn't been even good, in my humble opinion). Its not his fault either, I give him credit for even going out there and playing.

I agree we should sit Harris. We know what he can do, and he's a core player on our defense. it is infinitely more important to the Bears that he goes into 2008 100% healthy and ready to go, than it is for him to play out the string in 2007.

We aren't going anywhere, and he is a much bigger asset to us in 2008 if he is healthy, than he is now playing on one leg. If we were going to be in the playoffs I'd change my opinion, but at this point we need to focus on the 2008 playoffs, not the 2007 playoffs.

As far as Darwin Walker, I would play him every snap I could. He is due for a huge roster bonus in March, and we need to see what he can do, and how hard he'll play when banged up. He has under-performed this year, and now is his chance to prove whather or not he deserves to be here. Angelo has to make the decision whether to give him the bonus, attempt to restructure, or just cut him outright. I'd try to get everything I could out of him to prepare for that decision.

I like the idea of auditioning other guys. But I still want to play anyone that is able to play. I know it hurts our draft pick but Ive never been a fan of laying down at the end of seasons.

If a player gets hurt in the early part of the season (like Dusty) he can at least fully rehab and be ready to roll by the start of mini camps.

If we continue to play players like Harris, who is already injured, for the sake of a meaningless win (as far as playoff implications) and he further injures himself, then he may not even be ready by the start of next season.

Yes, I want to see the Bears win every game possible this year (and every year) but I do not want to risk the health of ANY Bears player that would then result in that player not being fully recovered and ready for action in 2008.

Not too surprised, hopefully he will play in the season finale.

Rusty will have time to work with him if they keep him around in the offseason (I hope)

If nothing else he would give us good depth. If he returns to the "original deal" he was when drafted, could be a great addition.

Well, the Arch-Lovie reunion didn't work so much, but with a little neckbeard magic, lets hope this reunion works out better.

The thing is, Kennedy was never one of Lovie's "guys". He is a large, not so fast, run stuffing tackle. Thats really not the type that the Tampa-2 defense needs, and Lovie actually said a couple of remarks about how Kennedy was not his type of player when he left St Louis to be the head coach of the Bears. Hopefully we can see a somewhat trimmer Kennedy making a nice impact in the line not unlike Alphonso Boone did.

The thing is, Kennedy was never one of Lovie's "guys". He is a large, not so fast, run stuffing tackle. Thats really not the type that the Tampa-2 defense needs, and Lovie actually said a couple of remarks about how Kennedy was not his type of player when he left St Louis to be the head coach of the Bears. Hopefully we can see a somewhat trimmer Kennedy making a nice impact in the line not unlike Alphonso Boone did.

I know...

I would cringe if Harris somehow got hurt. We already know he's playing on one leg and we might as well end that expirement. I have to be honest, Harris has some sacks but it baffles me that he's still the best DT on this team (because on one leg, quite frankly, he hasn't been even good, in my humble opinion). Its not his fault either, I give him credit for even going out there and playing.

i think releasing our string of DT's has had a huge impact on or d-line and especially tank johnson. tank was a superb compliment to harris and had good quickness and speed for a DT. if they doubled up harris tank had a lot of push up the middle. he also was decent at stopping the run. if they doubled up tank, harris was a force up the middle. i didn't like releasing tank at the time and after watching this defense i like it even LESS!!

add to this mess called our interior d-line, you got rid of boone who was actually starting to play a LOT better than he had in the past and ian scott. both would have been very reasonable to sign. go figure, boone starts to play very good as a rotational tackle so angie dumps him.

i put this all on angelo.

i think releasing our string of DT's has had a huge impact on or d-line and especially tank johnson. tank was a superb compliment to harris and had good quickness and speed for a DT. if they doubled up harris tank had a lot of push up the middle. he also was decent at stopping the run. if they doubled up tank, harris was a force up the middle. i didn't like releasing tank at the time and after watching this defense i like it even LESS!!

add to this mess called our interior d-line, you got rid of boone who was actually starting to play a LOT better than he had in the past and ian scott. both would have been very reasonable to sign. go figure, boone starts to play very good as a rotational tackle so angie dumps him.

i put this all on angelo.

Would you have wanted Tank Johnson to still be around? Would Tank Johnson have been helping the Bears when he returned from his 8 game suspension and they were already what was it, 3-5? The Bears made the right choice in dumping Tank. Let some other team deal with that mess.

The Bears started this season with what looked like an excellent setup on DT. Dvoracek and Harris would have been a nightmare for teams in the middle, and they had Walker to rotate in as a solid backup. Dusty getting hurt again blew the Bears chances with that. But that's one of those things I always try to point out; you can't keep a pro-bowler on the bench in case one of your key guys gets hurt. If the Bears let walker go this offseason, they'll certainly need to bring in another guy, but I'd be content with a similar setup going in to next season. With Harris and Dusty on that line, the middle of that line is still strong if people stay healthy.

Would you have wanted Tank Johnson to still be around? Would Tank Johnson have been helping the Bears when he returned from his 8 game suspension and they were already what was it, 3-5? The Bears made the right choice in dumping Tank. Let some other team deal with that mess.

i absolutely would have kept johnson. it was stupid to dump a guy like that for the nothing crap he got busted for. and another team is dealing with that mess... the freakin cowboys!!

The Bears started this season with what looked like an excellent setup on DT. Dvoracek and Harris would have been a nightmare for teams in the middle, and they had Walker to rotate in as a solid backup. Dusty getting hurt again blew the Bears chances with that. But that's one of those things I always try to point out; you can't keep a pro-bowler on the bench in case one of your key guys gets hurt. If the Bears let walker go this offseason, they'll certainly need to bring in another guy, but I'd be content with a similar setup going in to next season. With Harris and Dusty on that line, the middle of that line is still strong if people stay healthy.

again... LOOKED like an excellent setup, especially on paper. how can you or anyone else say dusty is a "nightmare" for other teams? we know absolutely nothing about him.

we had a very good interior line last season. they proved it through fire. so what does angie do? he dumps the entire line with the exception of harris!! he turned one of the strongest points on this team into an unknown and the results are what you see now.

"i absolutely would have kept johnson. it was stupid to dump a guy like that for the nothing crap he got busted for. and another team is dealing with that mess... the freakin cowboys!!"

Wow. Going to really disagree with this one. Tank was given chance after chance to get his act straight. After he was released from prison, he was told no more or your done. Angelo did what he had to do. Tank is the reason Tank is not here.

I am not very happy with the way several of Angelo's offseason moves have played out. Arch, Walker, the o-line, etc. He is partially accountable for this train wreck. However, I agree 100% with his decision to let Tank go.

Peace