OMG Lovie comments

Bears4Ever_34

Lmao, I just saw the "Teams at 20 report" and Rachel Nichols said that Lovie says Orton has a one game audition until they go back to Griese. ARE YOU freakin KIDDING ME? Stop with the Griese shit, he sucks, he isn't in our future. One game is hardly enough for Orton to prove anything. Lovie is stupid, that is all. Anyone else irked by his comments?

Those comments from Lovie surprise me. Last week he said we were taking it just one week at a time. Unless I hear it from Lovie's mouth, I'm going to assume that it's speculation.

That being said, you mention that Griese is not our future, but then who is? The sad truth is if Orton sucks (which I suspect he will), if Rex walks (I would if I were him), and we're unable to land a better QB in free agency, (I suspect we won't,) then we're looking at Griese as our starting QB next season.

Granted, that's a lot of "if's" but IMO, from what I've seen in training camp, pre-season games, and 2005, Orton is mediocre at best. He has a very slow release, and his accuracy is lacking. I'd love for him to step in and be the guy, but I just don't see it happening.

In 2005 Orton had a QB rating of 60 with a damn good o-line and a damn good running game. Sure he was rookie but I'm not expecting much better.

This is going to be a LONG game tonight.

Those comments from Lovie surprise me. Last week he said we were taking it just one week at a time. Unless I hear it from Lovie's mouth, I'm going to assume that it's speculation.

That being said, you mention that Griese is not our future, but then who is? The sad truth is if Orton sucks (which I suspect he will), if Rex walks (I would if I were him), and we're unable to land a better QB in free agency, (I suspect we won't,) then we're looking at Griese as our starting QB next season.

Granted, that's a lot of "if's" but IMO, from what I've seen in training camp, pre-season games, and 2005, Orton is mediocre at best. He has a very slow release, and his accuracy is lacking. I'd love for him to step in and be the guy, but I just don't see it happening.

In 2005 Orton had a QB rating of 60 with a damn good o-line and a damn good running game. Sure he was rookie but I'm not expecting much better.

This is going to be a LONG game tonight.

I was 100% in favor of Griese replacing Rex early in the season, but after seeing him play again last week, I've given up on him. Sure, he'll post a good stat line, but the offense just isn't very good with him and he makes some very stupid decisions.

Well I'm not saying Orton is our future cuz I don't think he is unless he surprisingly puts up really good numbers but to say he has one game to prove himself is very ridiculous. He backed Rex and Griese 110% when they were at the helm and it seems like he isn't 100% behind Orton which is strange. How many people would honestly quit watching the team if Griese became the starting QB next week?

I agree, he should start the last 3 games to give him a decent chance to either prove himself worthy of being a Bears QB or so bad he needs to be cut. One game in one of the most difficult stadiums to travel to is stupid. I hope Lovie did not actually say that!

Lmao, I just saw the "Teams at 20 report" and Rachel Nichols said that Lovie says Orton has a one game audition until they go back to Griese. ARE YOU freakin KIDDING ME? Stop with the Griese shit, he sucks, he isn't in our future. One game is hardly enough for Orton to prove anything. Lovie is stupid, that is all. Anyone else irked by his comments?

I totally believe it - and it makes sense to me. I *think* probably what Lovie said was that Orton gets one game to prove that he should get to start again and that Griese is the alternative for the following week if Orton doesn't play well enough. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

As for the *spin* that's been applied to this, I don't believe anything but direct quotes heard in context. I recommend watching Bears Blitz so you can hear quotes for yourselves. I've seen harmless stuff spun in the papers and on radio to ridiculous proportions.

Those are pretty ridiculous comments. I'd like to point out that Lovie apparently told the ESPN reporters at halftime that they were quite pleased with Orton and expected him to do bigger/better things in the 2nd half. That obviously didn't happen but I'd be highly dissapointed if they didn't stick with Orton (the only possible reason I could see for going with Griese is if the Bears feel that playing Griese is more valuable in the sense that it helps them evaluate the young WR's more than having KO out there).

After the game Lovie said "I don't think Kyle did anything to hurt his chances for next week" so It looks like he may keep the job. Overall Kyle played OK. When you take into account all the factors, you realize he did better than what he actually did.

We don't have an offensive line, we rushed for 32 yards tonight which never helps an inexperienced quarterback and we have a QB that hasn't made a start for nearly 2 years. That doesn't bode well for anyone under those circumstances. I was pelased with the way he played and what he had to work with. He still had some plays he left out on the field like the 4th and 1 overthrow to the fullback and one pass to Hester on a slant route I remember vividly that probably would have wound up for a score.

After the game Lovie said "I don't think Kyle did anything to hurt his chances for next week" so It looks like he may keep the job. Overall Kyle played OK. When you take into account all the factors, you realize he did better than what he actually did.

We don't have an offensive line, we rushed for 32 yards tonight which never helps an inexperienced quarterback and we have a QB that hasn't made a start for nearly 2 years. That doesn't bode well for anyone under those circumstances. I was pelased with the way he played and what he had to work with. He still had some plays he left out on the field like the 4th and 1 overthrow to the fullback and one pass to Hester on a slant route I remember vividly that probably would have wound up for a score.

I have a question for anyone that may know, how many times this season have the Bears ran the ball under 15 times (I have no idea if they ran it fewer than that tonight but it sure seemed like it and I know I've had that feeling a ton of times all season).

I have a question for anyone that may know, how many times this season have the Bears ran the ball under 15 times (I have no idea if they ran it fewer than that tonight but it sure seemed like it and I know I've had that feeling a ton of times all season).

They ran the ball 17 times tonight...but when your OL puts you in 1st and 15 with false starts what else do you expect?