Chris Mortensen passes at 72

Well known and highly regarded ESPN contributor Chris Mortensen passes at 72.  As I travel with my 87 year old dad I’m reminded how important family and close friends are and how quick life changes.  Take care of yourselves and cherish your loved ones.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chris-mortensen-dies-at-72

Crazy to think of how many ESPN anchors and contributors have died in recent years. From Stuart Scott, to John Saunders, to John Clayton, and now Chris Mortensen. Very sad to see another great pass away. You know you are getting old when so many people are passing away in your life. 

I agree with everything on this thread, especially valuing the time you have with loved ones.

A good friend of mine died unexpectedly last week. She was 39. I had spoken to her literally 12 hours earlier, and pretty much every day for a while. I went to her house for Thanksgiving. I see my parents (and myself!) aging too. My daughter was like 5 yesterday. She will be 21 in a few weeks and just got engaged to a really great guy. It all goes so fast.

Hug the people you love and try to live without hate as much as possible.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

A good friend of mine died unexpectedly last week.

Same here.  He was my oldest and most trusted friend.  He was passing a kidney stone and went into cardiac arrest.  We were talking about getting together the week before.

My condolences.

49 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Same here.  He was my oldest and most trusted friend.  He was passing a kidney stone and went into cardiac arrest.  We were talking about getting together the week before.

My condolences.

And mine to you too.

It's always really shocking when it happens unexpectedly, especially to someone our age or younger. There is the loss of that person, which is a lot, and there is also a reminder of our own mortality as well. Life is short, we gotta fill it with the best stuff we can while we can.