Why the Media Can't be Trusted...

Mongo3451

We've seen it day to day and year to year.  The media is like the frog waiting to catch the next fly.  It seems like no matter what channel you watch or starting you time into, the narrative is the same.  They are irresponsibly reporting everything from politics to religion to racial matters every damn day.  Why should it be so different when hearing about it Bears?

The media, nation wide, has gone from "what the hell did the Bears do to Justin Fields?  To, my God, I can't wait for the Caleb Williams era"!  I watched ESPN , rolled my eyes and turned the channel.  Watched GMFB and ditto.  Our my headphones on to ride the stationary bike, ditto!  I'm sick of it.  That's my rant of the day.

The rant is not unwarranted.  I would agree with what you're saying.  IMHO the media (in large) is in a losing battle with social media.  Where now you have millions of 'experts' all trying to clickbait you into their opinion or point of view or 'first perspective' the vetting that used to go on with traditional (aka tried and true) reporting is no longer.  Its all about 'me first' and in a lot of cases, how can I make more money?   Walter Cronkite and even Howard Cosell I'm sure are rolling in their respective graves.  

6 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

We've seen it day to day and year to year.  The media is like the frog waiting to catch the next fly.  It seems like no matter what channel you watch or starting you time into, the narrative is the same.  They are irresponsibly reporting everything from politics to religion to racial matters every damn day.  Why should it be so different when hearing about it Bears?

The media, nation wide, has gone from "what the hell did the Bears do to Justin Fields?  To, my God, I can't wait for the Caleb Williams era"!  I watched ESPN , rolled my eyes and turned the channel.  Watched GMFB and ditto.  Our my headphones on to ride the stationary bike, ditto!  I'm sick of it.  That's my rant of the day.

The Bears was the biggest off season story and people run out things to say, so you just get pounded with opinions. A lot of journalists just say things to get clicks.  Social media just gives us a minute to minute blow instead of the daily or weekly news stories we were use to.