Arm Length, offensive/defensive lineman, and Poles.

killakrzydav

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah thats what Im saying - that Poles doesnt just draft for RAS scores, although he does seem to like that kind of player, but they are also productive players.

I love "Rudys" like Sanborn, but I prefer high character high motor athletes who are also intense football players like Sandborn. So Im greedy, I want both :)

You gotta have a mix.  The low ceiling guys push the high ceiling.  Coaches utilize the shame to motivate the studs...

7 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

You gotta have a mix.  The low ceiling guys push the high ceiling.  Coaches utilize the shame to motivate the studs...

well you surely cant fill a team with only first round picks, so your point is well taken. But when you look for less than obvious players, some teams take those amazing athletes that arent football players, and Poles seems to take players, even as their RAS scores are still high. I cant think of any other workout warriors that cant play on our team.

20 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

well you surely cant fill a team with only first round picks, so your point is well taken. But when you look for less than obvious players, some teams take those amazing athletes that arent football players, and Poles seems to take players, even as their RAS scores are still high. I cant think of any other workout warriors that cant play on our team.

Back in the Lovie days, we took to many "men in shorts" players.  When you draft football players first, it's a winning recipe.  I love it when Poles and Flus talk about football character...

On 3/26/2024 at 8:35 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Here are DE RAS scores.  The highest are at the bottom. 

Does this remove Dallas Turner and elevate Jared Verse in Poles eyes? 

Screenshot_20240326_200545_Samsung Internet.jpg

I really like Gabriel Davis in the later rounds.

I need to merge RAS score with Top-30 visit with Senior Bowl players. See who meets all 3 criteria. RAS over 9.0, a top-30 visit and played in the Senior Bowl. Poles is picking at least one guy that meets those.

Was looking back at RAS scores for the last two Poles drafts. Interesting to me that the only guy she drafted with an RAS score below 8.00 were Trestan Ebner (free agent) and Velus Jones and Ja’Tyre Carter (both barely holding onto a roster spot, IMO). All those guys were in his 2022 draft - last year all their draft picks were at least 8.25 RAS. 

That makes me wonder - if they take Rome at 9, what DE would make sense at 75? Bralen Trice and Austin Booker are below 8.00 RAS, so I think you are looking at Gabriel Murphy or Chris Braswell unless Adisa Isaac or Marshawn Kneeland are still around. If we add in long arm length, Murphy has very short arms that might disqualify him. The other guy who I’ll throw out there is Brandon Dorlus, who scores over 8.00 as a DT, but can play DE and might have had more sacks had he played DE all last year instead of working at DT too. 

5 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Was looking back at RAS scores for the last two Poles drafts. Interesting to me that the only guy she drafted with an RAS score below 8.00 were Trestan Ebner (free agent) and Velus Jones and Ja’Tyre Carter (both barely holding onto a roster spot, IMO). All those guys were in his 2022 draft - last year all their draft picks were at least 8.25 RAS. 

That makes me wonder - if they take Rome at 9, what DE would make sense at 75? Bralen Trice and Austin Booker are below 8.00 RAS, so I think you are looking at Gabriel Murphy or Chris Braswell unless Adisa Isaac or Marshawn Kneeland are still around. If we add in long arm length, Murphy has very short arms that might disqualify him. The other guy who I’ll throw out there is Brandon Dorlus, who scores over 8.00 as a DT, but can play DE and might have had more sacks had he played DE all last year instead of working at DT too. 

Remember the names  Mo Kamara and Jaylon Harrell

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Remember the names  Mo Kamara and Jaylon Harrell

Not sure either of them are big enough, but if you’re just looking for someone who can come in on passing down and kick Walker inside, Kamara would make some sense to me. 

With so many teams dealing with salary cap issues.

With so many edge rushers being drafted on cheap rookie deals.

Will there be some surprise cuts of veteran edge rushers for post-draft free agency?

I wouldn't be surprised if Poles is already researching the players who might become available.

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

Will there be some surprise cuts of veteran edge rushers for post-draft free agency?

I wouldn't be surprised if Poles is already researching the players who might become available.

good thought! I hadnt considered that, but youre right.

3 hours ago, Pixote said:

Remember we didn't pick up Ngakoue  until training camp started and he was thought to be one of the better edge players in free agency. Not sure who but , Poles will bring in someone. I expect a draftee.