Dane Brugler's The Beast

adam

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Young faced the same bad circumstance Justin did.  Maybe worse.  I truly believe franchises can ruin players.  I firmly believe we would have ruined Mahomes with our atrocious OL.  Williams will have the full benefit of a solid foundation to start his career.  Just like Mahomes.  All told, Young has a chance, but the odds are now stacked against him.

I guess I was the only one who didn't like his relatively weak arm (by NFL standards).  I just never saw NFL QB in him but draft wizards had me outgunned.  I think regardless of circumstances his career arc will trend toward bridge QB.  Good enough to be a sometimes starter.  On the flip side I didn't understand all the criticism of Stroud but I only watched one or two of his games late in the season.  I think they said he had more struggles early on.   Regardless, with no dog in the fight, I was happy to take DJ Moore and a truckload of picks.  

4 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I guess I was the only one who didn't like his relatively weak arm (by NFL standards).  I just never saw NFL QB in him but draft wizards had me outgunned.  I think regardless of circumstances his career arc will trend toward bridge QB.  Good enough to be a sometimes starter.  On the flip side I didn't understand all the criticism of Stroud but I only watched one or two of his games late in the season.  I think they said he had more struggles early on.   Regardless, with no dog in the fight, I was happy to take DJ Moore and a truckload of picks.  

For sure, and don't be afraid to hold a contrary position to the "draft experts" a lot of them write about stats and narratives and don't really watch the film.

If you watch a player yourself, and have an opinion as a result - it counts.

26 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I don't think any of the experts made reference to his cannon of an arm.  They were praising his anticipation, accuracy, processing and leadership.  I'm also a fan of the truckload of picks we got. It probably ruined Carolina for the next ten years.  BTW, I picked Stroud over Young "on the record", so you are not alone.

41 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I don't think any of the experts made reference to his cannon of an arm.  They were praising his anticipation, accuracy, processing and leadership.  I'm also a fan of the truckload of picks we got. It probably ruined Carolina for the next ten years.  BTW, I picked Stroud over Young "on the record", so you are not alone.

I find more value in experts that were the first to support a prospect instead of the ones that jump on midway thru the process. Last year their was a few that were talking up CJ over Young but most had Young as their #1. 

With me I supported Justin because of the lack of good coaching and bad oline with the thought he could get better. Plus he WAS on the team, so I was questioning Caleb, not for talent but the intangibles. Does he love football, does he work hard, how does he get along with his teammates and will his ego get in the way?

Fields is gone, CW is going to be our pick, so it's time to look at CWs positives. I think he's the most talented QB this year but as Poles accepts him it is more comfortable for me that Poles knows all the secrets and it's a full go.