Player of the year

ChileBear

Any doubt? DEVIN!!!! See you next season Hester. Have a safe offseason, and learn how to block as a WR!

He should even get a vote or two for MVP. He has the biggest impact on a game in the NFL. Screw Brady, he would not be half the QB without the OL and Moss/Welker.

He should even get a vote or two for MVP. He has the biggest impact on a game in the NFL. Screw Brady, he would not be half the QB without the OL and Moss/Welker.

Not for a team that finishes 7-9. He had a great yr. Still can't believe they kick to him.

Peace :bears

Hester should have also gotten that PI on the first throw to him. The Defender never looked back. Later we get flagged for two questionable PI calls.

Hester is a freak. That punt return was a thing of beauty. The way the ball hung up there you could tell he was sizing it up. Then the hesitation and sudden burst similar to the FG return against the Giants. Deven can lull you to sleep and then blow by you like a certain #23 who used to play for the Bulls. The guy is just going to get more dangerous as he continues to play. Special teams coaches all over the league are racking their brains and chewing out their kickers trying to contain him. Now if they continue to integrate him into the offense it won't be just the special teams coach who'll be sweating. He's racked up a lot of points in his young career. I have to wonder at some point this coming season do they extend him and try and keep him here for a long time. The sooner they do it the more bang for the buck they'll get but he's already going to command a decent extension.

Hester should have also gotten that PI on the first throw to him. The Defender never looked back. Later we get flagged for two questionable PI calls.

I agre, officiating sucked but we still kicked their butts and knocked them out of the playoffs 2 years in a row! I love it!

I have to wonder at some point this coming season do they extend him and try and keep him here for a long time. The sooner they do it the more bang for the buck they'll get but he's already going to command a decent extension.

There was an article about this recently. Parrish from Buffalo just got extended, so you have to believe the Bears do it now. He is only going to continue to get more expensive. Now is the time to lock him up.

I don't know if their stats were accurate, but they mentioned that Hester gets a TD about every 10 touches. That seems low, but it'd be interesting to see what the actual number is compared to other players around the league.

Hester gives the Bears good starting field position a majority of the time, either from a big return or from the other team kicking it out of bounds at the 40. If the Bears offense wasn't so terrible (was actually able to do something with the field position), I think Hester would be in the discussion for MVP.

Who has more of an impact on a game with so few touches?

I would agree, but he had an amazing season and his team didn't even make the playoffs. Brady has an impact with a ton of touches and really has more of an impact on a game. Same with tons of offensive players including LT, Willie Parker, Brian Westbrook, etc.

Player of the year for the Bears...probably, in the league, not by a long shot, imo.