Sproles is smaller than Wolfe

Connorbear

Yea, he is the same size, but what is your point. He is a returner (we have one) and a #3 RB that is sparingly used.

Sproles had 37 carries to Wolfe's 31, but 25 of his carries came in one game when both LT and Turner were injured. Sproles only had touches on offense in 6 games this year, compared to Wolfe getting an opportunity 9 times. Sproles also had 10 catches for 31 yards, to Wolfe's 9 for 117. Sproles was also in his 2nd season.

My point is, while Sproles may be as small (or smaler) than Wolfe, it doesn't prove much since he has never been more than a return man. W/ the exception of one game, Wolfe has actually received more opportunities than he has.

Yea, he is the same size, but what is your point. He is a returner (we have one) and a #3 RB that is sparingly used.

Sproles had 37 carries to Wolfe's 31, but 25 of his carries came in one game when both LT and Turner were injured. Sproles only had touches on offense in 6 games this year, compared to Wolfe getting an opportunity 9 times. Sproles also had 10 catches for 31 yards, to Wolfe's 9 for 117. Sproles was also in his 2nd season.

My point is, while Sproles may be as small (or smaler) than Wolfe, it doesn't prove much since he has never been more than a return man. W/ the exception of one game, Wolfe has actually received more opportunities than he has.

Many people argue that Wolfe doesn't have the size to play in the NFL. I am simply noting that, if used right (refer to the screen reception for a TD by Sproles in the Indy game) he can be successful.

Peace :bears

You mean, it isn't creative to send your midget RB up the middle? Who would have known?

Hey, I agree in general, and I think we did more often see use try to be more creative w/ Wolfe in the passing game. We did get him out in space for some screens and the like. My question is, how much should we really be expecting here. Like I said, i think we were creative (albeit late in the year) in using Wolfe in the passing game. I think we were totally uncreative in using him in the run game, but at the same time, I am not sure how high our expectations should be.

I personally felt this pick was a mistake, and have seen nothing yet that makes me feel it was justified.

All these comparisons to OTHER guys around his size doesnt prove anything. Why would anyone want this guy to see more time, we know he is never gonna be productive offensively on a consistent basis.

As far as switching him to receiver, gmafb. Hester switching to WR was a rare occurrence. Some people need to realize Hester is not a running back and Wolfe is not a WR and they are never gonna be.

All these comparisons to OTHER guys around his size doesnt prove anything. Why would anyone want this guy to see more time, we know he is never gonna be productive offensively on a consistent basis.

As far as switching him to receiver, gmafb. Hester switching to WR was a rare occurrence. Some people need to realize Hester is not a running back and Wolfe is not a WR and they are never gonna be.

I was just pointing out that his size should not be the issue and using Sproles as an example. He could be successful player if used correctly.

Ahead of who on the depth chart? Benson? AP? or the competition JA claims he is bringing in to compete as the starter?

Honestly, without seeing him behind some kind of offensive line, its hard to know. IF there's no hole for a runner to go through anywhere, then it doesn't much matter where he is on the depth chart. Behind a rebuild O-Line, I wouldn't mind risking a Benson/Wolfe 1/2 combo next year (I'm not a fan of AP as the #2 back because I don't feel he gives you anything that Benson doesn't in terms of style or performance).

At least in theory, Wolfe could be the kind of guy who you'd want to be the counter-weight to Benson. Benson should be the big, straight ahead, bowl over guys as he hits the hole hard type back, while Wolfe should be the guy that the defense has to chase all over the field. Both have the ability to do that physically (if Benson ever stays healthy). But behind an O-Line where whatever you do, the running back has no hole to go through and has to shake off the first hit 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage, nothing is going to work in the running game.

I for one don't want to write off either of these guys based on last season, because I think that if you put LT behind the Bears' O-Line, he might have pulled off 3.4 yards a carry if he was lucky.

Ahead of who on the depth chart? Benson? AP? or the competition JA claims he is bringing in to compete as the starter?

I still say we should not rule out the possibility the Bears may choose to have 4 RBs on the roster next year, not unheard of, and we will just have to see.

I do not agree that it is written in stone that Wolfe will never be a success in the NFL as a RB.

I would like to see what Wolfe can do as a return man if Hester ever becomes a big weapon as a WR ala Steve Smith. If he becomes a top notch WR option, what would G Wolfe be able to do returning kicks?

He reminds me somewhat of Dennis Gentry, a 5'8" 181 lb WR/RB/KR who played for us 11 years and was a valuable player in his role with the Bears.

I still say we should not rule out the possibility the Bears may choose to have 4 RBs on the roster next year, not unheard of, and we will just have to see.

I do not agree that it is written in stone that Wolfe will never be a success in the NFL as a RB.

I would like to see what Wolfe can do as a return man if Hester ever becomes a big weapon as a WR ala Steve Smith. If he becomes a top notch WR option, what would G Wolfe be able to do returning kicks?

He reminds me somewhat of Dennis Gentry, a 5'8" 181 lb WR/RB/KR who played for us 11 years and was a valuable player in his role with the Bears.

If Devin has a bigger role in the offense (and is successful) I could see his role on special teams being reduced. Most likely they will limit him to punt return as he is a much, much better punt returner.

I want to see Wolfe after a full offseason with Rusty. Berrian has changed his physique quite a bit in the last 2 years and if Wolfe can add similar muscle mass without losing too much quickness and speed I think he'll be fine. I like what he brings to the team in open space but he can't get tackled by a pinkie finger every time he goes up the middle.

Wolfe is a RB/WR and return man. He is more of a WR then he is a RB though.

Since when is he a WR? Did you appoint him WR?

As far as AP not bringing anything more than Benson style wise, how about receiving. AP is a solid receiving back for us a la Faulk in New England. Benson has no hands so he will never bring that kind of threat.

All this talk about Wolfe being a WR is speculation. He has never played WR in the NFL and Im not even sure if he did at NIU but even if he did that doesnt translate to the NFL. Wolfe may have some tools he can use in the NFL but none that help us. AP is a better receiving back and obviously we dont need him to return kicks. What purpose does he really serve?