Urlacher had his best season!

selection7

Just kidding. But really, if you need proof that stats can be very misleading, check this out. Look at Urlacher's stats. He had his best year statistically.

http://www.nfl.com/players/brianurlacher/p...le?id=URL059326

In 8 seasons he's only had more tackles twice. Since his rookie season he's never had more than 6 sacks so 5 sacks this season is pretty good. Url had 5 picks, which is almost twice as many as he's ever had in a season before and blew away his old stats in terms of passes defended with 12, literally twice as many as he'd ever put up before. He also took a pick back to the house for the first time.

If I was playing Madden, I'm sure I'd take 2007 Urlacher over all other years. But having actually seen him play on the field this year, I know this season wasn't one of his best. I do think his play near the end of the season helped out though.

But it just really surprised me to see how good his 2007 stats actaully looked.

it basically just shows how good of a player he actually is. However, his age and health concerns are what make me and probably the bears organization keep pondering about the idea of giving Briggs a nice big contract.

Good enough that even in an off season he can pile up the stats? Fair enough. But that's what makes them misleading since it was still an off season for him but the stats say it was his best.

Ulracher's only 29. Though I guess Ray Lewis probably did start to decline at about 31 but even now he's still a great player, right? I think the arthritic back is the real issue and, yes, I agree it's weighing heavily on JA's mind. All we can do about his back is hope.

Urlacher really came on in the last few games of the season, and probably had his best 3-4 game stretch of his career. I don't think his back is that bad, because you would see some sort of regression, and that has not happened with him. I would start worrying when he starts missing games.

Urlacher really came on in the last few games of the season, and probably had his best 3-4 game stretch of his career. I don't think his back is that bad, because you would see some sort of regression, and that has not happened with him. I would start worrying when he starts missing games.

Right when we picked up some run stopping DT's.

Urlacher definitely played his best the last couple games of the season, but so did the entire team. They seemed to get the monkey off there back and stop playing scared and start just playing the game. It is too bad it didn't happen till the very end of the season though cause there is no reason the Bears couldn't be playing today.

I think there will be 2 keys to the Bears defense returning to dominance next year (beyond health & an offense that can control the ball and clock):

Safety, we need to be strong here and can not rely on Brown being healthy for 16 games and need to replace Arch.

Dusty, if healthy, lined up beside a healthy Harris, will bring back memories of Hampton & McMichaels. They will be an awesome pair of DTs. And yes, I know Dusty has little experience but I think he will be outstanding if he stays healthy.

I am not that worried about Briggs leaving, I think Williams & Okwo can fill in just fine.

So we need to address the safety position on defense. Otherwise, I would be happy if the remainder of the draft class of 2008 centered on offense.

I don't understand what you guys are talking about...run stuffing DT's. We didn't pick up any run stuffing DT's at the end of the season when Urlacher started doing well again did we? None that got much playing time anyway.

Kennedy and that Toewhatever guy. Thats not the only reason though. There were other factors in his elevated play but throughout his career Urlacher always plays much better when he has good DTs