An Impressive 7 Round Mock Draft Site

Pixote

I came across a new site that really impresses me. How often do you find a draft site that gives a 7 round mock draft with "what if" scenerios and updates it's projection frequently getting readers inputs and adjusting team needs charts as the off-season progresses? That is what I found at

Draft Tek Sports Information Web Site.

There I found a 7 Round Draft Simulation that rocked. I did not necessarily agree with all the selections but found it to be one of the most credible mock drafts I have come across and am anxious to see the future updates to this mock as we progress through the free agency period and teams needs change as a result.

I hope you guys enjoy this site as much as I am!!

Thanks for the post! Quite interesting! Can't say I agree...but I don't think I'd be dis-satisfied.

I came across a new site that really impresses me. How often do you find a draft site that gives a 7 round mock draft with "what if" scenerios and updates it's projection frequently getting readers inputs and adjusting team needs charts as the off-season progresses? That is what I found at

There I found a 7 Round Draft Simulation that rocked. I did not necessarily agree with all the selections but found it to be one of the most credible mock drafts I have come across and am anxious to see the future updates to this mock as we progress through the free agency period and teams needs change as a result.

First off, I'd rather go Otah or Baker at 14 then Williams. Besides the fact that he forgot WR is a pretty serious need of the Bears, I like the draft. Williams, Henne, Slaton, Adams, Hefney, Avril (who??), Robinson (who??), and Fontenot (just what we need, 1 more of those in Chicago).

Well, I guess I didn't like the draft, seeing how I only knew the first 5 guys. Other then the last 3, I wouldn't mind the first 5. I'm with MadLith; I don't loooove it, but I wouldn't mind it.

First off, I'd rather go Otah or Baker at 14 then Williams. Besides the fact that he forgot WR is a pretty serious need of the Bears, I like the draft. Williams, Henne, Slaton, Adams, Hefney, Avril (who??), Robinson (who??), and Fontenot (just what we need, 1 more of those in Chicago).

Well, I guess I didn't like the draft, seeing how I only knew the first 5 guys. Other then the last 3, I wouldn't mind the first 5. I'm with MadLith; I don't loooove it, but I wouldn't mind it.

Chris Williams would be a great pick at 14. He has franchise LT written all over him... Otah and Baker may never play LT in the pros.

Pretty interesting to have a DT going first and it not being Dorsey.

I actually have had Sedrick Ellis as my no. 1 DT since the end of the college season, and his senior bowl solidified that choice for me. In fact, I have him going no. 1 overall in my mock as well.

who told you that? Williams had a great senior bowl.

I forget which "expert" said it; never mind. Obviously, if what you're saying is true, I'd love to have Williams. However, I'd rather have Long, Clady, or Otah (not so much Baker, I've heard his knee problems are more then just a slight issue)

Great site! Thanks for the Pix. This site seems to be more on target with what fans expect (translation: What the Bears are likely to do . . . I'm tired of them predicting we'll draft Woodson.) This site seems to have a better genuine understanding of what the Bear's needs are.

Hell, I'd be pretty happy with this Bear's draft. After all they have us taking:

Round 1: OT Chris Williams (I want the best OT available)

Round 2: QB Chad Henne (Neither Rex, Griese or Orton can be "franchise" so we need to go back to the well.)

Round 3: RB Steve Slaton (I think we'll sign Julius Jones long before this, but who knows?)

Round 3: SS Jamar Adams (A definite NEED pick)

Round 4: FS Jonathon Hefney (Did I mention our safties suck?)

I think the concept of DraftTek is cool but it totally takes the Human element out of the draft kinda like the BCS. Why would the bears draft back to back safties especially when this is supposed to be a weak draft for that postion? I don't like Henne at #2 he just does not have "it" and especially when there are many more intriging players that would be available and a possible immediate impact on the team.

Chris Williams had a really good Senior Bowl and the "Experts" and all the players were saying that he was the best lineman at the Senior Bowl by far. I was reading the blogs from ESPN with the interviews of the seniors and a lot of people were saying how impressive he was and what a great presence he was on the field. That says a lot from a lineman having a presence on the field.

As for the other picks, I would have to disagree with the Henne pick, but getting Kevin Smith from South Florida would be AWESOME!!! But for me a decent draft, but it also depends on what we do in Free agency and who we resign. We have plenty of free agents ourselves.

Hey there! Long time, no post.

Anyway. Here's the thing about Williams. I love the kid's athleticism, and pass protection skills. However, he is still very raw, and all finesse as a run blocker. He will get lost after making his initial block on run plays, and if you watched Vandy, or even just look at their highlight tapes, he will get past the line of scrimmage and his first block REALLY well, but then run upfield without a purpose and forget to pickup another man to block. I seriously would love to add him to out team, but 14 is a bit high for him IMO. If we could(and you know JA very well may) trade down into the 20's, and get him and get another pick, that would be fantastic.

Anyways, I see they have us taking my guy Devin Thomas at 76, and that would be the best..... the absolute freakin greatest. Too bad he won't last that long, and after workouts, could even pull neck-and-neck with the top rated WR's in this class. Also, there is a lot of guys ranked way out of position like Dajuan Morgan at 143? Pretty cool little matrix draft, but as has been said, it takes the human element out, which just kind of makes it a glorified top 224 players list(albeit a pretty accurate to team needs one).

Hey there! Long time, no post.

Anyway. Here's the thing about Williams. I love the kid's athleticism, and pass protection skills. However, he is still very raw, and all finesse as a run blocker. He will get lost after making his initial block on run plays, and if you watched Vandy, or even just look at their highlight tapes, he will get past the line of scrimmage and his first block REALLY well, but then run upfield without a purpose and forget to pickup another man to block. I seriously would love to add him to out team, but 14 is a bit high for him IMO. If we could(and you know JA very well may) trade down into the 20's, and get him and get another pick, that would be fantastic.

Anyways, I see they have us taking my guy Devin Thomas at 76, and that would be the best..... the absolute freakin greatest. Too bad he won't last that long, and after workouts, could even pull neck-and-neck with the top rated WR's in this class. Also, there is a lot of guys ranked way out of position like Dajuan Morgan at 143? Pretty cool little matrix draft, but as has been said, it takes the human element out, which just kind of makes it a glorified top 224 players list(albeit a pretty accurate to team needs one).

I could see us going with him with our 2nd round pick if Doucet and Hardy are gone already.

I'd love to have Berrian, Thomas/Doucet/Hardy, Hester, Bradley, Moose WR core.

I think the concept of DraftTek is cool but it totally takes the Human element out of the draft kinda like the BCS. Why would the bears draft back to back safties especially when this is supposed to be a weak draft for that postion? I don't like Henne at #2 he just does not have "it" and especially when there are many more intriging players that would be available and a possible immediate impact on the team.

Personally, I like this site because it reflects the Bear's needs with a bit of common sense added. IMO it's assuming the Bears will draft a QB in round 2. This makes sense since:

1. Rex Grossman is likely to be the #1 FA QB available after Cleveland's Derek Anderson is restricted & ain't leaving. Plenty of teams are desperate for a QB and will outbid the Bears.

2. When you draft a QB in round 1 that indicates you're in rebuilding mode. The Bears aren't rebuilding and we're "praying" that Orton can be the man. So you draft the best available QB in round 2. There's not NEARLY the pressure then.

As for the safeties, that's a NEED. Despite it being a weak draft, Danieal Manning is mediocre at best, Mike Brown can't stay healthy, Brandon McGowan is no more then a nice back-up, and we have no idea what the hell Kevin Payne can do. This is a GLARING weakness on this defense. If it's not addressed in FA, then it has to be addressed in the draft or we'll continue to be scorched.

This team, when healthy, is pretty deep at most positions. I can't imagine there are too many players who will make an immediate impact.

Personally, I like this site because it reflects the Bear's needs with a bit of common sense added. IMO it's assuming the Bears will draft a QB in round 2. This makes sense since:

1. Rex Grossman is likely to be the #1 FA QB available after Cleveland's Derek Anderson is restricted & ain't leaving. Plenty of teams are desperate for a QB and will outbid the Bears.

2. When you draft a QB in round 1 that indicates you're in rebuilding mode. The Bears aren't rebuilding and we're "praying" that Orton can be the man. So you draft the best available QB in round 2. There's not NEARLY the pressure then.

As for the safeties, that's a NEED. Despite it being a weak draft, Danieal Manning is mediocre at best, Mike Brown can't stay healthy, Brandon McGowan is no more then a nice back-up, and we have no idea what the hell Kevin Payne can do. This is a GLARING weakness on this defense. If it's not addressed in FA, then it has to be addressed in the draft or we'll continue to be scorched.

This team, when healthy, is pretty deep at most positions. I can't imagine there are too many players who will make an immediate impact.

You are right but we do not not know which BEAR FA will be resigned and can not assume that Rex & Benard won't be back. I do not disagree other than OL, S, RB which depth must be added through FA & Draft which will immediatley help this team. We need a stud QB and I have no problem drafting a QB as long as it is not #1 this year. I personal do not think Henne is anything special and we can do better @ #2 like maybe OL, WR, or RB but that is my opinion.