Bears cut Ruben Brown

Da Bears 88

Expected. Nothing to say but props to Brown. He was a good player for us. While he was not good last year, it was later revealed he was playing w/ one arm, and I question blaming him for that. It is up to the staff to recognize issues like this, and it isn't like Metcalf was better.

I have nothing but respect for the Brown.

Expected. Nothing to say but props to Brown. He was a good player for us. While he was not good last year, it was later revealed he was playing w/ one arm, and I question blaming him for that. It is up to the staff to recognize issues like this, and it isn't like Metcalf was better.

Well said. He is a class act guy.

My sentiments exactly...

Thank you Mr. Borwn.

Its gonna be exciting to see what we do on the O line next year. Cutting two starters means there are going to be a lot of changes. makes you thing they are definitely gonna go after FAs and draft a few.

I guess I missed something. Rueben Brown is gone - who was the other?

Ditto that Nfo. And it probably is an indication that Metcalf will remain forever a relief player and not a starter.

Miller was already cut. So that is two OL cut. Kreutz is a lock to be our Center next year. Tait will be an OT, but which side may be yet to determine. Garza is likely to start, but I think may have some competition.

Right. Miller. I had forgotten - thanks.

Well, our pass protection might be iffy (or excellent) depending on who we replace these guys with, but we ought to be able to run the ball better next year. Both Brown and Miller were lacking last year in that phase as they declined physically. FA OLs or even young guys on the Ol ought to be able to run block. Maybe we'll all be wearing Benson jerseys come December 08? I'm nowhere near that now, but I would welcome it.

Right. Miller. I had forgotten - thanks.

Well, our pass protection might be iffy (or excellent) depending on who we replace these guys with, but we ought to be able to run the ball better next year. Both Brown and Miller were lacking last year in that phase as they declined physically. FA OLs or even young guys on the Ol ought to be able to run block. Maybe we'll all be wearing Benson jerseys come December 08? I'm nowhere near that now, but I would welcome it.

Funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing yesterday as I went to the local Dick's Sporting Goods and purchased one. I think he's going to run for 1200+ yards next year. :pray :cheers :dabears :headbang

Which is why I say that we should let Briggs walk and hold off on signing Tommie until next offseason

Agreed. In an ideal world, I would love to keep Briggs. At the same time, that is the way things go. Sometimes you simply lose good players. Good teams lose good players, but they are able to replace them. IMHO, this will be a big test for Angelo. Will either Williams or Okwo be capable of stepping up?

As for Tommie, I have said this before, but I simply do not see the reason to re-sign him now. If he is willing to give up on some of his demand in order to secure a deal early, and to have the security now, great, but that is not the MO of Rosenarce, so I would not count on it.

The one and only argument for re-signing Harris now would be the big amount of cap space we currently have. If we signed him now, and gave him say $10m roster bonus, to go along w/ another $15m SB, that would greatly take down the future cap hits. If we are not going to sign either Briggs or Berrian, I can see the sense in that, as we would still have the cash to add a Faneca, BUT I would still want Harris to give some. If he says he wants a Freeny deal or nothing, I give him nothing, and promise him he will be tagged a year from now.

If we sign all of Briggs, Berrian, Harris, and Ayanbadejo... you can kiss any wild dreams about Faneca away.

I dont see why Angelo would release Miller and cut ties with Brown if he has no intention on signing a big name OL. I'm almost positive we grab a FA OG and go OT first round to fill those holes.

...wow i just looked at guard depth in the draft and wow its basically non existent when it comes to players who can step in from day 1.

whats the latest on Lilja, floyd Womack, and Jake SCott. after faneca they seem to be the best options