4 hours ago4 hr comment_235797 Yeah, Geno has been sacked 9 times in 3 games, so we at least get 3. He has yet to throw an INT, but last year he threw 17, and has 32 over the past two seasons. He has never went 4 games straight without a pick (in the same season). So he is due for at least one. Garrett Wilson gets a 1/3 of the targets.So the Jets should not score more than 20. If they do, the Bears defense has failed. We don't know who is starting, but I am assuming Bagent. He has yet to start a game for Ben Johnson, and his last start was as a rookie in 2023. He is 2-0 as a starter at home though. However, he will have to play much better than he did in 2023. Even if he doesn't have as good of a game as Keenum did, I am hoping for a clean game.I think the Bears win by double digits, 24-13. Bears defense holds Geno to one TD, Bears score 3 and get the W. Report
1 hour ago1 hr comment_235803 24 minutes ago, AZ54 said:great stuff. Johnson really is a genius.I just wish he'd know when to kick the ball lol Report
45 minutes ago45 min Author comment_235804 I was curious about the Jets and watched the short highlight version of their game against Detroit. Geno mostly worked the underneath routes but he seems to like to throw to Garrett Wilson anywhere. Kenyon Sadiq is a legit threat in the redzone. Breece Hall is about as dangerous as they come at RB but he’ll be watching from the sideline. Along with starting LB Mauigoa, WR Adonai Mitchell, OG Dylan Parham, and TE Mason Taylor. Kenyon Sadiq is fighting a back injury all week so he might be limited in the game if he plays. On defense they will be better with the return of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Their safeties looked pretty bad against Detroit they will benefit from him keeping things lined up. Their Oline did not look good at all against Detroit and pressure seemed to come from everywhere, hence all the quick short passes. That combined with a few key pieces missing on their offense is why I expect Dennis Allen to continue to mix it up with pressure and rotational coverages. Also why I think we can get 5 sacks in this game. We’ll see if Geno has good eyes. One thing that is different and better this year on our defense is the DBs and LBs rallying to the ball. The last two games now we usually have 3 players closing fast keeping gains to a minimum. Thieneman is a big part of that but so is Bush and the CBs. If Geno relies too much on the short game I think we’ll contain it. On a side note: 2 years removed from Ben Johnson the Lions offense looked/felt different from what I see us running this season. I’m no analyst but it seemed like they were using less motion than we do and some of the play concepts felt different…or more like the rest of the NFL offenses. They still lit up the scoreboard. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.