B Johnson to visit Bears

ostrogoth

The Bears are working to set up a visit with free agent WR Bryant Johnson.

It'd be Johnson's first visit. He could be in Chicago by early next week. It's no surprise that the overrated wideout isn't being highly sought after.

It'd be Johnson's first visit. He could be in Chicago by early next week. It's no surprise that the overrated wideout isn't being highly sought after.

How the hell is he overrated? He isn't that good. :lol:

Can you post links with these? Many people might be thinking that you're pulling these out of your @$$.

Who over-rated Bryant Johnson? Guy sometimes runs poor routes, sometimes drops easy passes, and sometimes makes a catch that makes you say wow. Sounds a lot like Bernard Berrian. The difference is he's bigger than Berrian, faster than Moose, quicker than Moose in/out of cuts, and has enough speed to get deep. I also think Johnson is finally starting to mature and not just because he wants a new contract.

Time will tell if I'm right on that as he was nothing but a punk his first couple years in AZ. Things like getting totally wasted the night before his first training camp began, so drunk that he couldn't even practice the next day. Refusing to work out with his QB in the offseason. Being lazy in minicamps. Don't get me wrong, he still has a ways to go to become as good as his talent would allow him to be but if he's surrounded by the right character guys he just might turn the corner. If he doesn't, at least you won't be tying up so much money that you can't get out of his deal in a few years. I think he'll at least be a good #3 WR and possibly a good #2.

I have no problem with the Bears adding B Johnson if they feel he can help. He may not be the #1 we need, but who outside of Randy Moss is available that is a true #1? We need WR's here bad and if BB leaves Johnson is the next best option.