JA asleep at the wheel in FA again

Da Bears 88

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree :fight

Who are we really missing on right now. I think hes going after the 2nd tier FA's rather than the top flight ones. We can sign Faneca but i would rather lock up Tommie and sign any one of the 2nd tier guys like Jacob Bell,Chris Brown, Bryant Johnson,shane Olivea. The guy i really wanted (Flozell Adams) already got his deal done theres nothing else to great out there.

Who are we really missing on right now. I think hes going after the 2nd tier FA's rather than the top flight ones. We can sign Faneca but i would rather lock up Tommie and sign any one of the 2nd tier guys like Jacob Bell,Chris Brown, Bryant Johnson,shane Olivea. The guy i really wanted (Flozell Adams) already got his deal done theres nothing else to great out there.

If we got Bell and Bryant Johnson, I'd be happy. But there's no reason why he wouldn't have already gave Berrian his $8 a year with his $12 or whatever he wants guarenteed, and the same goes for Faneca.

I think the joke is all the impatient fans that would feel better about overpaying for mediocre talent just because it's early in free agency.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! COULD THERE BE A VOICE OF REASON????

Relax people, it is early, very early, in the FA season. And no matter how many people complain about JA and company, as has been said previously, we were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Does anyone really want Mr I lost my Lamborghini and reported it stolen and impregnated several women Briggs? Mr loudmouth I will never play for Chicago again Briggs??? PLEASE! He is the epitome of the crap modern player who has no class or character!

Do we want to overpay for a fast receiver who could be great but who has not proven to be the go to guy?

Relax people....let's give JA and CO some time.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! COULD THERE BE A VOICE OF REASON????

Relax people, it is early, very early, in the FA season. And no matter how many people complain about JA and company, as has been said previously, we were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Does anyone really want Mr I lost my Lamborghini and reported it stolen and impregnated several women Briggs? Mr loudmouth I will never play for Chicago again Briggs??? PLEASE! He is the epitome of the crap modern player who has no class or character!

Do we want to overpay for a fast receiver who could be great but who has not proven to be the go to guy?

Relax people....let's give JA and CO some time.

Im not panicking and I dont want to overpay for anyone, especially Berrian, but I dont care about Briggs cars or pregnant women, hes a hell of a player.

I don't want him to go out and sign everyone.

But, damn this team has too many holes to just sit back and do nothing.

:fight

It has been 20.5 hours...if at the end of FA we have done nothing to fill our holes, then let the bashing begin, but why in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks are we getting upset that JA hasn't gotten anyone yet? We knew going into this offseason that we weren't going to blow our wad, and while most of us wanted Fanaca we all knew it was a LONG shot at best. So sit back, have a few cold ones and relax until the end of FA. Then bash away... :bang

It has been 20.5 hours...if at the end of FA we have done nothing to fill our holes, then let the bashing begin, but why in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks are we getting upset that JA hasn't gotten anyone yet? We knew going into this offseason that we weren't going to blow our wad, and while most of us wanted Fanaca we all knew it was a LONG shot at best. So sit back, have a few cold ones and relax until the end of FA. Then bash away... :bang

Well said. How the hell did Oakland give Tommy Kelly 50 million???

The one time JA did go nuts and sign a guy right a way in netted us Moose. Just look at all the turds Washington has collected that they have signed right away.

It is pretty damn frustrating though. I keep expecting something to happen . . .

Well said. How the hell did Oakland give Tommy Kelly 50 million???

The one time JA did go nuts and sign a guy right a way in netted us Moose. Just look at all the turds Washington has collected that they have signed right away.

It is pretty damn frustrating though. I keep expecting something to happen . . .

I know man...I want something to happen, but I want to be smart about it too. Blowing a ton of cash on the wrong guy would be like taking the homecoming queen to prom only to find out she wears an iron chastity belt...THAT's frustration...

I didn't say throw money at everyone. It helps to read. :rolleyes:

I think the fate of Berrian and Briggs affect what the Bears will do. I think the Bears want both of these players back at reasonable prices. Most likely that will not happen with Berrian but it is looking like there is now possibly a good chance for Briggs to come back. The quicker these 2 situations resolve, the faster you will see the Bears spring into action.

Peace :bears

Im not panicking and I dont want to overpay for anyone, especially Berrian, but I dont care about Briggs cars or pregnant women, hes a hell of a player.

He is a slightly above average player who benefited from playing next to Url and the system, and who's character issues will hasten the inevitable decline of age. Wait and see.........

BTW, character issues are problematic, in part, because they interfere with play....

He is a slightly above average player who benefited from playing next to Url and the system, and who's character issues will hasten the inevitable decline of age. Wait and see.........

BTW, character issues are problematic, in part, because they interfere with play....

Maybe character issues in the sense of Pacman Jones but I dont think Briggs play declined this year because of it. Urlacher has the same child issue, does he have character issues. Of course he benefits from playing next to Urlacher, but Urlacher also benefits from playing next to him. he is much better than Colvin and Holdman were when they were here. As far as the car situation, nothing happened, it wasnt a big deal. You just seem not to like him.

In the long run it might be goo to not overpay for some of these guys. I will give JA the benefit of the doubt for now, but if he doesnt do anything to make this team better than people are going to start calling for his head after next season. I dont think it will bode well for Lovie either.

The hate Briggs gets on this site is ridiculous.

Yet, Jamar Williams replaces him for one game and is the second coming of Dick Butkus.

Nah, he is overrated the same way Colvin and Holdman were. He misses too many tackles for my taste, an above average LB to be sure, but not a franchise player.

The hate Briggs gets on this site is ridiculous.

Yet, Jamar Williams replaces him for one game and is the second coming of Dick Butkus.

Jamar Williams is the 2nd coming of Dick Butkus??? That is outstanding. Can we quote you on that going forward. ;)

Peace :bears

In the long run it might be goo to not overpay for some of these guys. I will give JA the benefit of the doubt for now, but if he doesnt do anything to make this team better than people are going to start calling for his head after next season. I dont think it will bode well for Lovie either.

On this I agree. I still think that between injuries and the O-Line's performance last year, the Bears weren't as bad as the team we saw in some of those games. But if the Bears try to go in to next season with a completely patchwork offensive line, then they're just asking for trouble.