Jacob Bell

vegas1211

Per rotoworld.com Jacob Bell has signed with St. Louis. I really am starting to doubt Angelo's strategy this off-season. We can't fill every need in this years draft he is going to have to sign someone, isn't he?

I have a small feeling that JA really like the way St. Clair stepped up at the end of the season at G. Maybe he thinks were fine at G with Garza, St. Clair, Metcalf, and Beekman.

There's still tackle Shane Olivea from the Chargers.

Exactly what I've been saying for two days now. Sign olivea cause he should be cheap, convert him to guard and poison pill pitt with starks. I would definitely have no worries what so ever going into the season. Heck then we could draft bpa with 14 whether it be a rb or wr. Mcfadd or mendenhall would def be tempting with that scenario.

Exactly what I've been saying for two days now. Sign olivea cause he should be cheap, convert him to guard and poison pill pitt with starks. I would definitely have no worries what so ever going into the season. Heck then we could draft bpa with 14 whether it be a rb or wr. Mcfadd or mendenhall would def be tempting with that scenario.

That would be a great plan if Olivea wasn't garbage.

I have no idea what that means.

This was already posted in a thread.

"Poison Pill" is something in the contract that makes it difficult to impossible for his current team to sign him. Like frontloading the contract when the team is strapped for cap space.

An example of a poison pill for Starkes would be to put a clause in the contract that the whole contract becomes guaranteed if he plays 4 or more games at Heinz Field in any 1 year. That way if Pitt matched, his deal would be fully guaranteed no matter what happened.

An example of a poison pill for Starkes would be to put a clause in the contract that the whole contract becomes guaranteed if he plays 4 or more games at Heinz Field in any 1 year. That way if Pitt matched, his deal would be fully guaranteed no matter what happened.

The leauge might strike that one down. Anything too specific would draw too much scrutiny, and likely not meet w/ league approval.

Minny got cute and put a clause in there (for Hutch) which basically said he had to be the highest paid OL on the team, which killed Seattle as they have Walter Jones. Since that deal though, which I think was the first to got so team specific, the league has come down hard on the issue (at least w/ tough talk).

A far more basic poison pill deal is like the one we used w/ Tait. Simply put, you put a chunk of money upfront. Write in a $5m roster bonus, which counts fully against the cap, and it is difficult for a team w/o a lot of cap space to match. Make a players 1st year salary cap hit high enough, and most often you get him.

Traditionally, that is what was considered a poison pill.

The leauge might strike that one down. Anything too specific would draw too much scrutiny, and likely not meet w/ league approval.

Minny got cute and put a clause in there (for Hutch) which basically said he had to be the highest paid OL on the team, which killed Seattle as they have Walter Jones. Since that deal though, which I think was the first to got so team specific, the league has come down hard on the issue (at least w/ tough talk).

A far more basic poison pill deal is like the one we used w/ Tait. Simply put, you put a chunk of money upfront. Write in a $5m roster bonus, which counts fully against the cap, and it is difficult for a team w/o a lot of cap space to match. Make a players 1st year salary cap hit high enough, and most often you get him.

Traditionally, that is what was considered a poison pill.

I don't remember the numbers, but I believe we also used a traditional poison pill to sign Ricky Manning Jr. Carolina was cap strapped, and we gave him a bonus that would be difficult for Carolina to match. As cap-strapped as Pittsburgh is, it would be hard to believe that the Bears or some other team wouldn't swoop in and get Starks.

That'd give us a helluva a lot more flexibility when it came to drafting. As of right now, I'd say we have to draft an offensive tackle in round one. That's never a great position to be in.

I don't remember the numbers, but I believe we also used a traditional poison pill to sign Ricky Manning Jr. Carolina was cap strapped, and we gave him a bonus that would be difficult for Carolina to match. As cap-strapped as Pittsburgh is, it would be hard to believe that the Bears or some other team wouldn't swoop in and get Starks.

That'd give us a helluva a lot more flexibility when it came to drafting. As of right now, I'd say we have to draft an offensive tackle in round one. That's never a great position to be in.

It worked for the Browns.