Raiders sign Javon Walker

Da Bears 88

Wide receiver Javon Walker, released by the Denver Broncos on Friday, agreed to a deal with the division-rival Oakland Raiders on Tuesday, a source told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

The terms of the deal call for Walker to receive a six-year, $55 million contract that includes more than $16 million in guarantees and pays him roughly $27 million over the first three years of the deal. Soon after being released, at least a third of the league reached out to the six-year veteran.

Link

Walker when healthy is worth every penny of that money. However, he has yet to show that he can stick around for a full season and has had attitude issues and that does not make him worth that type of money. I am glad the Bears didn't overpay for Berrian or Walker.

Booker will be a solid veteran who can catch the ball and help out on 3rd down. HE should also be able to help out with our younger WR's (like Mush did). The other thing I really like is the fact that Booker is coming from a team with even worse QB play than Chicago had and he wasn't all that bad there (he wasn't a star either, but he's a perfectably acceptable #2/#3 guy).

The key for Chicago will be finding another WR to go with him (Hester/Bradley are great, but the Bears are going to have to draft someone else pretty early as well to make sure they got a lot of talent at the position with the hope that a couple of those guys end up sticking).

Walker when healthy is worth every penny of that money. However, he has yet to show that he can stick around for a full season and has had attitude issues and that does not make him worth that type of money. I am glad the Bears didn't overpay for Berrian or Walker.

I'm really not sure that he's worth that much even when healthy. Wasn't he considered mostly healthy in 2006 when he played 16 games? In that season he only had 69 catches and 1084 yards. Yes it was a very good season, but even then, not a league changing season. The only seasons I'd say he was worth that kind of money were his last 2 healthy seasons with the Packers...where not only was he healthy but he had a good QB giving him the ball so he could really rack up the numbers.