Change one piece of the Bears

jason

If you could change one piece of the Bears, no matter what it is, and the sole purpose was to make them better, what would you change?

I think I'd go with an OC. I'd like the Bears to hire a guy who is well establishe, well known for being successful, a guy who is considered a good gametime adjuster, and someone who has a track record for QB development.

Is there even a guy like this?!

I'll go with a healthy Mike Brown. This guy was probably the best defensive player I have ever seen, and it's a shame to see what has happened to him. If he had 1-2 years with his old, hard hitting, ball hawking self, the Bears may already have a ring, could have snuck in the playoffs last year, and could fill a big hole for this upcoming year's team which seems to have a hole at the safety position.

:dabears :bears

I'll go with a healthy Mike Brown. This guy was probably the best defensive player I have ever seen, and it's a shame to see what has happened to him. If he had 1-2 years with his old, hard hitting, ball hawking self, the Bears may already have a ring, could have snuck in the playoffs last year, and could fill a big hole for this upcoming year's team which seems to have a hole at the safety position.

Mike Brown is a nice player, not sure how long you have been watching football but he's no where close to the best player ever, wouldn't even make the Bears top 10 all time.

He had a great nose for the ball, Terrell Davis was once of the best RB's in his time but doesn't belong in the hall of fame due to longevity reasons.

Best Bear on D has to be Butkus hands down, LT was the best Linebacker, many greats from the Steel Curtain. Urlacher before this year.

Mike Brown is a nice player, not sure how long you have been watching football but he's no where close to the best player ever, wouldn't even make the Bears top 10 all time.

He had a great nose for the ball, Terrell Davis was once of the best RB's in his time but doesn't belong in the hall of fame due to longevity reasons.

Best Bear on D has to be Butkus hands down, LT was the best Linebacker, many greats from the Steel Curtain. Urlacher before this year.

The request was "If you could change one piece of the Bears, no matter what it is, and the sole purpose was to make them better, what would you change?"

Hester's comment about Brown was..."He was probably the best defensive player I've ever seen". There's nothing wrong with that. I don't know how long you've been watching football but give me a healthy Mike Brown and there's no telling how great he could be. You'd be remiss if you didn't acknowledge how much his loss meant to the Bears in 2006 and 2007. You also be remiss if you didn't acknowledge his importance to this football teams defensive scheme. A healthy Mike Brown could have made this defense better than the 85 defense. Hester might be more on target than anyone in noticing Browns importance to this team.

If I could make the o line one piece, that would be it. I watch the Tony Romo's of the world getting all this bullshit praise and they are nothing more than a by-product of a great o line. If I can't have an o line as a piece, then I want Brady or Manning at QB. Our defense will regain it's stregnth in the league this year as they will be healthy but without good QB play, we can't go anywhere, especially with our receiving corp the way it is and our running game. a Manning or Brady would at least even the field a bit.

I'm 29, so for that long I've been watching football. Urlacher is great, I definitley agree, but Mike Brown when healthy is the best safety in the NFL, better then Bob Sanders, or anyone else. Like BigDaddy said, he is an important part of our scheme, and he would have made our 2006 defense better then the 85 D. With Brown, we probably win the Super Bowl in 2006, too.

Guest TerraTor
I'm 29, so for that long I've been watching football. Urlacher is great, I definitley agree, but Mike Brown when healthy is the best safety in the NFL, better then Bob Sanders, or anyone else. Like BigDaddy said, he is an important part of our scheme, and he would have made our 2006 defense better then the 85 D. With Brown, we probably win the Super Bowl in 2006, too.

Im with ya there. We are a totally different team without him. Its a shame, i hope he stays healthy and can give us 2 seasons

Though it's not out of the realm of possibility that he stays healthy and plays a full season. The reality of the situation is you can't count on that, experience has taught us otherwise. Which is why we need to have a solid plan that works with or without him. If he stays healthy all the better but we have to count on him not staying healthy. That is sad, what he brings to the Defense when he's on the field can't be measured just in stats. He brings attitude, smarts, energy, along with his skills. In many ways it's like having a coach out on the field the guy has a great mind for the game. I think he would make a great secondary coach when he does hang em up.

Much like Grossman he's had problems staying on the field. Now grant that Grossman hadn't established himself as a stud at his perspective position prior to the injuries as did Brown. But one thing that would be nice if they both had in common would be that Brown would finally stay healthy as Rex did in 2006 and most of 2007 (the injury wasn't nearly as serious and the season was lost anyway).

As for changing one piece of the Bears, it's hard to say after last year. There were so many problems and breakdowns last year after returning nearly all of the starters from the Super Bowl team. You have to think that the team was better than it showed on the field. 2007 was a season that never got off the ground. Fact is I found my self upset with most any player on the team at some point last year. But if I had to pick our weakest link I would have to say someone in the secondary.

I agree completely. Im one of the biggest Mike Brown fans out there and him staying healthy turns the defense from good to elite. He is one of the biggest difference makers for a unit as there are out there.

BRING BACK THE HONEY BEARS!

:P

In all seriousness, trade for Peyton Manning. We'd finally have the legit QB we've not had in too many moons. They guy virtually calls his own plays, so an OC wouldn't matter as much! I'm not sure what we'd have to give up, but it'd be a lot. Probablly Tommie, a 1st, 2nd and maybe another 1st the following year. But, I'd do it.

If you could change one piece of the Bears, no matter what it is, and the sole purpose was to make them better, what would you change?

I think I'd go with an OC. I'd like the Bears to hire a guy who is well establishe, well known for being successful, a guy who is considered a good gametime adjuster, and someone who has a track record for QB development.

Is there even a guy like this?!

I like that! A LOT!

If I had to change one thing it would be the blocking scheme of the offense. The Broncos always have guys running down the field and we always have the defensive linemen in our backfield. If we zoned block and use misdirection plays we will be better.

I'd go with the Patrtiots front office/coaching staff coming here. I am one of Angelo's biggest fans and for the most part i like Lovie (I question some of his moves, but I think he's a great man and a good coach). However, there is no denying how great of an organization the Patriots have (cheating be damned) and while one player could help you win for a few years, that front office/coaching combo could help you win for a lot longer.

If we are talking players, I'd go Tom Brady.