Since it's so dead

bear trap

Watching the NFL Network and they did their own little sweet sixteen of this upcoming year's NFL teams. We weren't even mentioned. They had GB as a 11 seed, and mentioned minny as a snub. Wow I know we're not having a great offseason, but we ARE only 2 years removed from the superbowl! Minny???? cmon they have a worse qb situation than us. At least both of our qb's have shown a little something in this league. I hope that our defense stays healthy and we Bi### slap the entire league all the way to the big dance. With our d and s.t. we don't need much other than off in this draft. I bet we go all off. maybe williams or clady or otah in the first. trade up with our second and other third rder and snatch albert in the second and nab forte with the 7th pick in the third the 9ers just coughed up. that'd be a nice draft. go a wr like bennet or qb like dixon with our fourth rnd pick. then all off linemen with the rest.

Watching the NFL Network and they did their own little sweet sixteen of this upcoming year's NFL teams. We weren't even mentioned. They had GB as a 11 seed, and mentioned minny as a snub. Wow I know we're not having a great offseason, but we ARE only 2 years removed from the superbowl! Minny???? cmon they have a worse qb situation than us. At least both of our qb's have shown a little something in this league. I hope that our defense stays healthy and we Bi### slap the entire league all the way to the big dance. With our d and s.t. we don't need much other than off in this draft. I bet we go all off. maybe williams or clady or otah in the first. trade up with our second and other third rder and snatch albert in the second and nab forte with the 7th pick in the third the 9ers just coughed up. that'd be a nice draft. go a wr like bennet or qb like dixon with our fourth rnd pick. then all off linemen with the rest.

I kinda like the underdog role though.

Yeah, for some reason the defense comes out mad which is pretty scary. Remember before the injuries dusty really lit this team up emotionally. if he and brown don't go down we'd have one scary defense for the year. THey really stuck it to the chargers that day. I think a lot of the media forgot about that. That's why I think dusty will really prove his worth this year. Look for a Mean, nasty defense.

As do I. We know the Bears potential as do the players on the team. Things will come along fine and with the opponents lined up for 2008...things look good.

Take a look at this for a little motivation. Unfortunately some of the impact players (Ayanbadejo and Moose) are gone but the tradition is still there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ahf-jtoSvqA

I would also love to see us rise up and show the doubters. But I would also observe that, as of right now, we are clearly worse than Minnesota. Minnesota was the best rushing defense in the league last year and a better overall defense than the Bears. Yeah, we had injuries, but so did they and every other team. They have a much better offensive line, running back, and even WR corps (it's sad but true). We might have a slight edge at QB, but my guess is if you asked Vikings fans if they would trade QBs with the Bears, they would say no just as fast as we would if asked to trade QBs with the Vikings.

I need to save what I am about to write, so I can copy & post if for the next 1000 times I read one of these. Pre-season predictions are pretty much bullshit. If you were good in 2007, you'll be good in 2008. If you sucked in 2007 (like the Bears . . . )

EVERYONE, and I do mean EVERYONE, predicted the Bears would win the NFC North in 2007. That was a universal conclusion. We placed last. What does that tell you???

Talk is cheap. Words are plentiful, and it's all bullshit. Be prepared, because the only debate with the preseason guys will be, "Will the Bears finish ahead of Detroit?"

I read it & I love it, but I don't get pissed about it. We were last in 2007, we'll be picked to finish last in 2008.

I like it. I thing the number one thing that effected our team last year was over-confidence.

You go into the off season knowing you were a game away from winning it all, with most of your players players returning, great cap shape for free agency and your maligned QB has seen what it truly takes to be the winner.

Now, looking into that flat season: we were in almost every game we lost and it was always one or two pivotal plays.

Did our OL underperform, because they got too old or did they underperform because they didn't train as intensly as they did the year before? I say both.

All being said this a huge year for us. Do we overcome? Do we need rebuilding? Was las year an abberration?

All I know is this: If i were Lovie, I would post every negative thing written, for locker room motivation, all off season. It's time for this team to show it's heart and that it can adapt and grow or we will be at the bottom again. Me, I don't think so.

If JA doesnt get some guys in here for the OL, we'll be lucky to be in the top 3/4th of the league.

There's no way JA goes into this draft without taking 2 OL. The major needs we have OL, QB, WR, RB other than TE, and FB thats every position on Offense Resigning both Rex and Orton reduced the QB need and Marty Booker and development of the young talent at WR, make WR not the highest priority, Cedric Benson is coming off a surgery, hasnt proven anything and in my eyes he is bust but this draft is so deep at RB quality can still be found in early in the fourth. OL on the other hand we have two starters missing with unproven replacements and no real depth at all, that has to be the focus this draft. Although i wouldnt mind takin Mendenhall but thats because i dont want Detroit to have him and deal with him and Adrian Peterson four times a year.