Mendenhall

BearFan2000

I've been watching the videos of Mendenhall on Youtube.

Things I like.

Good body control and balance.

Uses blockers well

Has the ability to run it inside and push for yardage.

Has good speed and agility in space anticipates well.

Has a good attitude a team guy

Has good hands as a receiver.

He does run with the ball in one hand a lot. even up the middle, he needs to be more carefull about putting two hands on the ball in a crowd. NFL Defenders are more adept at stripping the ball than college defensive players. Some of the holes I saw in the videos you could drive a truck through. But on the clips where the holes were much smaller and he was running between the tackles he does a good job of keeping his legs moving and keeps a forward body lean.

I would not be disappointed if we grab him at 14.

I think you may be trying to do this, so here's the guide. If you're trying to put a Youtube video on here, the procedure is pretty simple. On the youtube page, copy the text for "Embed". Paste that text in to the normal post entry box. Then, before you post, you have to turn the HTML option on. Normally it pops up as HTML off, if you turn HTML on it will read the embed script and you'll be able to watch a youtube video in the thread.

For example:

I think you may be trying to do this, so here's the guide. If you're trying to put a Youtube video on here, the procedure is pretty simple. On the youtube page, copy the text for "Embed". Paste that text in to the normal post entry box. Then, before you post, you have to turn the HTML option on. Normally it pops up as HTML off, if you turn HTML on it will read the embed script and you'll be able to watch a youtube video in the thread.

Yeah...I don't see that option. Where exactly can you turn HTML on and off?

For example:

that's a sick video...

It's a couple lines above where the add reply and preview post buttons are when you're creating a post.

Balta, I don't see it either. It may only be on for Admins. Like Soxtalk it was located under "Post Options", but here we only have: Enable emoticons and Enable signature. No HTML Options.

I've been going through the IPB options, I found one that allows flash/html things to be included, but it's already on. It can't be the right one, I don't think.

Ya there were a few possibilities I saw but I dont think its a good idea to change things because I dont want to mess anything up. For the mean time if anyone has a video they would like embedded you can post the link and I will post it until we can have someone else take a look that knows how to change it.

It is a Group function. So you have to edit the group permissions for "Super Fans".

Here is the full path: Management -> Users and Groups -> Manage User Group -> Posting Permissions

At this point there should be a check box near the bottom for: "Can post HTML?". Change to yes.

It is a Group function. So you have to edit the group permissions for "Super Fans".

Here is the full path: Management -> Users and Groups -> Manage User Group -> Posting Permissions

At this point there should be a check box near the bottom for: "Can post HTML?". Change to yes.

Cool, I changed it so see if it works.

Turner input? I didn't realize this, and I am sure it has been discussed, but I just heard a piece about Mendenhal which mentioned how Ron Turner recruited Mendenhal at Illinois. I guess I just didn't realize that. While Mendy did his damage after Turner left, Turner obviously really liked him. I wonder how much input Turner will have in the process. If Turner liked him that much, I wonder if he will be pushing for Angelo to take him.

You know I couldn't resist...

If Turner helps bring him in, it'll be the best thing he's done for this team! Even when he gets fired next year!

Turner input? I didn't realize this, and I am sure it has been discussed, but I just heard a piece about Mendenhal which mentioned how Ron Turner recruited Mendenhal at Illinois. I guess I just didn't realize that. While Mendy did his damage after Turner left, Turner obviously really liked him. I wonder how much input Turner will have in the process. If Turner liked him that much, I wonder if he will be pushing for Angelo to take him.

Touche!

...but he'll get fired because we set the rushing record with 3000 yards and set a new passing low of 30 yards! ;)

Why would Turner get fired? If he brings in Mendy, then the bears will run their way to a division title, and maybe more, right?

Sorry, I too could not resist.

Touche!

...but he'll get fired because we set the rushing record with 3000 yards and set a new passing low of 30 yards! ;)

Ha. What is truly funny about this is you think we can gain 30 passing yards. Maybe if we do not count negative yards due to sacks since our QBs will be on their backs more than a $2 whore after we pass on OT upgrades in the draft.

:P

I'm banking on a QB change in the last game of the season...

;)

Ha. What is truly funny about this is you think we can gain 30 passing yards. Maybe if we do not count negative yards due to sacks since our QBs will be on their backs more than a $2 whore after we pass on OT upgrades in the draft.