Week 1: Bears to open against The Colts

Conehead

Broncos to open with Raiders

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 03/31/2008 11:12:38 AM MDT

Palm Beach, Fla. — For starters, the Broncos will be the last to kick off.

The Broncos will open their season with the late Monday night game Sept. 8 against their AFC West Division rival Oakland Raiders in the Black Hole.

The NFL season will open Thursday, Sept. 4 with the Washington Redskins playing at the defending Super Bowl-champion New York Giants. The Sunday night game in week 1 will feature the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts.

The first Monday night game will pit the Minnesota Vikings at the Green Bay Packers. The Broncos-Raiders game will follow with the start at 8:15 p.m. MDT.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com.

http://www.denverpost.com/rapids/ci_8758120

Tough game...hopefully it'll be at home.

Broncos to open with Raiders

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 03/31/2008 11:12:38 AM MDT

Palm Beach, Fla. — For starters, the Broncos will be the last to kick off.

The Broncos will open their season with the late Monday night game Sept. 8 against their AFC West Division rival Oakland Raiders in the Black Hole.

The NFL season will open Thursday, Sept. 4 with the Washington Redskins playing at the defending Super Bowl-champion New York Giants. The Sunday night game in week 1 will feature the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts.

The first Monday night game will pit the Minnesota Vikings at the Green Bay Packers. The Broncos-Raiders game will follow with the start at 8:15 p.m. MDT.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com.

http://www.denverpost.com/rapids/ci_8758120

You're probably right...but given that it's the first game and would be first kick to him of the season, I could see them potentially testing the waters...

Probably just a pipe-dream! I just hope if they don't we can capitalize on the good field position!

I dont think Dungy is gonna let his pride get in the way of kicking to Hester after the Super Bowl.

Well, in all fairness you're right. Odss are we will get our butt's handed to us.

The Bears need to prove otherwise, or else we best assume history will just repeat itself.

I dunno. It seems Indy has started out like 8-0 for the past 5 seasons. I dont think they will be very rusty because they pretty much have all the same players every year. Us on the other hand...

Honestly...is there one other guy on the team that seems to be the complete barometer of its success? Kind of interesting and sad... Urlacher is close...but it really seems like the presence of Brown dictates the team's success or failure.

I think we all know what holds the key to victory in week 1....

....How deep into the game Mike Brown last before he gets injured

Honestly...is there one other guy on the team that seems to be the complete barometer of its success? Kind of interesting and sad... Urlacher is close...but it really seems like the presence of Brown dictates the team's success or failure.

Like you said Urlacher is just as valuable. I honestly think Mike Brown is one of the best players in the NFL and if he could have stayed healthy he might have gone down as one of the biggest game changers in terms of presence of all time.

Agreed. I see him as a poor man's Ronnie Lott...

Like you said Urlacher is just as valuable. I honestly think Mike Brown is one of the best players in the NFL and if he could have stayed healthy he might have gone down as one of the biggest game changers in terms of presence of all time.