Bradley believes he is the No.1 receiver for Bears

adam

A #1?

Bradley believes he is the No.1 receiver for Bears

No one has promised Mark Bradley anything, but the Bears' second-round pick in 2005 believes he will be the team's go-to receiver in 2008 according to the Chicago Tribune.

"In my eyes, I'm that confident that I'm the No. 1 guy," Bradley said at the Walter Payton Center on Saturday while participating in a reading incentive program for kids along with Garrett Wolfe. "That's what they drafted me for in the second round, to be the No. 1 guy. I've just had some injuries and some minor setbacks. Now I'm recovered and ready to be that guy."

The Bears need to fill the void left by Bernard Berrian, who took the free-agent money and ran to the Vikings. The release of Muhsin Muhammad means the Bears are without their two leading wideouts from last season. In steps Bradley, heading into his fourth year out of Oklahoma. He has 38 career catches for 583 yards and four touchdowns. Last season Bradley was an afterthought, with just six catches for 71 yards and one score. He had four starts during his '05 rookie season before tearing his ACL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Br...B?urn=nfl,74506

I've liked his attitude since day one. He signed his contract early, got in a started working away. I'm not sure what exactly happened last year...and given my general distrust of the coaching staff...I don't know what to believe. But, he's got the right attitude. Get in and take that #1 slot Mark! If you can earn it, then rock on!

I'm with Balta. I'm glad he has the mentality. I just hope he doesn't think it's going to be given to him.

That would be a huge relief if he was able to step up and be a #1.

Um, it would be a "huge relief" if he was able to step up and be a #3 or #4 WR, as opposed to lower. Remember Lovie's comments from last year about not wanting to discuss his #5 receiver (Bradley) when his other WRs were not getting it done?

Sadly, are you sure Lovie is the pinnacle of evaluating offensive talent?

Um, it would be a "huge relief" if he was able to step up and be a #3 or #4 WR, as opposed to lower. Remember Lovie's comments from last year about not wanting to discuss his #5 receiver (Bradley) when his other WRs were not getting it done?

Not only no, but hell no. I am not a Lovie fan. Not in the least. I am not even a fan of him in terms of defense, which is his area of experience. I felt he was over-rated at Stl, and still believe today our 2006 defense was more Rivera, and less Lovie. Not only that, but I believe it could have been better, and Lovie held our defense back.

On offense, my opinion is far less of him. Regardless, I could not avoid the joke. Lovie didn't feel Bradley was equal or better than Davis, and then suddenly, Bradley is our #1.

We talk about players that make huge jumps/climbs during the offseason in terms of the draft, but how about the jump our WR made.

Spot on! I couldn't agree more! I really feel the same about him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he came in...but to me, he should be on the hot seat now.

Smith's views change more than the direction of wind through the city. I really do not trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

That's one heck of a jump!

Not only no, but hell no. I am not a Lovie fan. Not in the least. I am not even a fan of him in terms of defense, which is his area of experience. I felt he was over-rated at Stl, and still believe today our 2006 defense was more Rivera, and less Lovie. Not only that, but I believe it could have been better, and Lovie held our defense back.

On offense, my opinion is far less of him. Regardless, I could not avoid the joke. Lovie didn't feel Bradley was equal or better than Davis, and then suddenly, Bradley is our #1.

We talk about players that make huge jumps/climbs during the offseason in terms of the draft, but how about the jump our WR made.

Who said the team looks at him as a #1? This is Mark Bradley speaking and he said he feels he can be the #1 WR for the Bears. I have no problem with his statement, I much prefer to hear players be confident in their ability as long as they are willing to put in the extra work to earn it and don't bitch if you don't get it.

I was no fan of what Lovie did last season and feel his decisions held this team back. I think he had a Superbowl team the year before, got his big fat paycheck (after throwing the team under the bus in negotiations) and then sat back and hung out with all the players who got him that big check. Moose was far from a good WR last year and there was no reason Bradley wasn't on the field for more plays. Especially at the end of the season. What was his crime? Messing up a play here and there? So did Hester. Dropping a sure TD? So did Berrain. Not fighting for a pass? So did Berrian. Dropping easy first downs? So did Moose. Asking for more playing time midseason? Well what was the offense doing without him?

Then there's the performance of the Oline. The fact we didn't get the ball to Greg Olsen more often. I'd say Lovie threw all the offenses troubles on Rex's shoulders when he demoted him in week 3 and was too stunned (or clueless) to understand the issues were much deeper than that. On the D side of the ball he switched DManning to CB.

RANT OFF.