Bennett

DrunkBomber

Our WR corps was a big problem going into this draft but I must say I am very pleased with this pick. I know a lot of us would have preferred Doucet but I think Bennett is exactly the type of WR we needed. Good hands, good route runner, tough, not afraid to go over the middle, good blocker. Thats exactly what we needed. We have our burners in Hester and Bradley and we have our bigger targets for the most part in Olsen and Clark, or even Monk or that other TE we drafted but we needed a guy like this. I heard him compared to Hines Ward a few times and thats exactly what we need.

Jay Cutler was also lobbying hard for the Broncos to go after him because of the success they had together at Vandy. If Grossman wins the job its safe to say he is similar to Cutler at least style wise and it will be good to have a sure handed option on third downs besides CLark.

The more I am reading about Bennett, the more I am liking him. Hard to knock him with his production in the SEC. Also, with him only being a Junior, we are getting him a year younger.

Agreed. I don't know if anybody else heard this stat, but in just 3 years he became the all time receiving leader in the SEC. That's pretty unbelieveable...

Our WR corps was a big problem going into this draft but I must say I am very pleased with this pick. I know a lot of us would have preferred Doucet but I think Bennett is exactly the type of WR we needed. Good hands, good route runner, tough, not afraid to go over the middle, good blocker. Thats exactly what we needed. We have our burners in Hester and Bradley and we have our bigger targets for the most part in Olsen and Clark, or even Monk or that other TE we drafted but we needed a guy like this. I heard him compared to Hines Ward a few times and thats exactly what we need.

Well, we have Booker to be a possession guy. I'll like our WR corps next year, however, I think we'll cut Lloyd. He doesn't seem to have a spot here...

Booker

Hester

Bennett

Lloyd (if we don't cut him)

Bradley

Davis

Monk

While that isn't very good, it's pretty deep.

Agreed. I don't know if anybody else heard this stat, but in just 3 years he became the all time receiving leader in the SEC. That's pretty unbelieveable...

Well, we have Booker to be a possession guy. I'll like our WR corps next year, however, I think we'll cut Lloyd. He doesn't seem to have a spot here...

Booker

Hester

Bennett

Lloyd (if we don't cut him)

Bradley

Davis

Monk

Ya I didnt add Booker because I dont think he has much of a future here. Hes more of a temporary stop gap. Bennett sounds like he might be similar to Booker when he was younger but with a higher ceiling.

Booker

Hester

Bennett

Lloyd (if we don't cut him)Bradley

Davis

Monk

I'd rather cut Lloyd and keep Hass, who atleast should be given an opportunity. Lloyd's had his chances with the 9ers and skins. Hass hasn't had the injury rep either.

Bennett's future role is to replace Booker. Right now, I'd compare Bennett to Steve Smith of the Giants. Someone who can come in right away and make some contributions, but still has time to progress his game.

Bennett is the type of WR who becomes a QBs best friend. Always runs the route correctly, good hands, goes after the ball in traffic. As a QB you always know where he's going to be and if your throw is off he'll protect you from the INT. On top of that he has good character, solid teammate, and is willing to work hard. You are right, he's exactly what we needed.

Here's Berrian's stats from the last 3 games:

rec yards

2 23

2 17

3 28

Although they are different style receivers I think Bennett has the ability to match that production. If not this year then certainly next year and for a lot less than $7mil/yr.

I still think that if Bradley could ever stay healthy, he'll turn into a solid pro with explosive potential. That guy always looks fast and strong when he's in the game. It's just too bad he sees the field two times a year.

If he's healthy and produces, Monk continues to fight back from injury, and Devin Hester figures it out, the Bears suddenly have a stacked WR corp in a year.

Bradley, Hester, Davis, Bennett, Booker, Lloyd, Monk

I still think that if Bradley could ever stay healthy, he'll turn into a solid pro with explosive potential. That guy always looks fast and strong when he's in the game. It's just too bad he sees the field two times a year.

If he's healthy and produces, Monk continues to fight back from injury, and Devin Hester figures it out, the Bears suddenly have a stacked WR corp in a year.

Bradley, Hester, Davis, Bennett, Booker, Lloyd, Monk

Jason, are you drunk on kool-aid. I didn't expect you to hit the bottle like that.

Does this not get said EVERY year. Every year, there is talk about this young player and that young player. Last year, we were not talking about berrian taking the next step, Bradley, Hass, Rideau?

Bradley - He has not proven he can stay healthy, and until he does, I don't think it benefits our health as bear fans to continue to count on him. I would also like to point out that when we drafted him, he was a raw player. He didn't play much in college, and was in need of loads of development. How much has he developed on IR?

Hester - He was a WR in camp last year, and didn't even know where to line up. I will never forget Moose moving him around on the field. Funny as hell. Explosive potential, but I do not think we should count on him for much. He will be the type to catch a 75 yard TD one game, then go 4 w/o a catch.

Davis - Come on. Depth chart guy.

Bennett - IMHO, he may be starting by the end of the year.

Booker - Will start day one, and mentor Bennett, who I think is similar to Booker.

Lloyd - I think he starts the year, but loses his job to Bennett at some point.

Monk - I think Monk will be yet another red shirt player we shelve until 2009.