Favre to be on the cover of Madden 09

BearFan2000

if you look closely you can see John Madden kissing his butt.

I kind of get the choice but at the same time I don't get it. It's always been a current player but I guess it makes sense that Madden would choose Favre for the cover. What's he going to talk about now that his true love has left the game?

Old news. :shakehead

But, I do agree. If they are going to put players on there that don't play anymore, the better choice would have been Sean Taylor.

I think they're already using him for the cover of Grand Theft Auto V?

Who gives a crap??? Madden get's his last chance to kiss Brett's arse. What do you think the over/under is on when Madden mentions Favre next yr? I would say within the 1st five minutes of the first quarter in the first game he announces next yr.

Peace :dabears

Only gives me all the more reason not to buy the update this season. Having a bad Bears team (since they base things on the previous year) was enough for me but this puts it over the top. I won't have Brett Faaaaavrah's picture anywhere in my house. F him and the horse he rode in on.

I hope Madden realizes he's just written off sales in a major market. Sure, there will be a few who don't mind but I doubt they'll sell anywhere near the numbers they've sold in the past. And I'll bet most Packers fans don't even have TV's, much less Playstation 3's or XBox 360's.

This is a really stupid move.

Only gives me all the more reason not to buy the update this season. Having a bad Bears team (since they base things on the previous year) was enough for me but this puts it over the top. I won't have Brett Faaaaavrah's picture anywhere in my house. F him and the horse he rode in on.

I hope Madden realizes he's just written off sales in a major market. Sure, there will be a few who don't mind but I doubt they'll sell anywhere near the numbers they've sold in the past. And I'll bet most Packers fans don't even have TV's, much less Playstation 3's or XBox 360's.

Yeah, because putting Favre on the cover will definitley be a huge marketing loss. :rolleyes:

Outside of Chicago and Minnesota, nobody hates Favre. In Detroit, may be a bit. But, the 10-20 year olds will still buy this game, regardless, and the intense geek gamers who are like 40 will still buy the game. Actually, this could be a boost to marketing as Favre is a role-model/hero for many kids, and many kids across the country love him.

I think your comment about "Packer fans not having TVs" is kind of ridiculous. Just because it's Wisconsin? Come on.

Ive been a Madden fan for a long time. I would say Ive probably bought it every year since it came our for original Playstation. Theres no way I wouldnt buy it only because I didnt like the player on the cover. Theres no way this would hurt sales either. Technically any player on the cover could piss off fans of a rival team. A few years ago when McNabb was on the cover do you think sales were down in Dallas, New York and Washington?

Ive been a Madden fan for a long time. I would say Ive probably bought it every year since it came our for original Playstation. Theres no way I wouldnt buy it only because I didnt like the player on the cover. Theres no way this would hurt sales either. Technically any player on the cover could piss off fans of a rival team. A few years ago when McNabb was on the cover do you think sales were down in Dallas, New York and Washington?

AMEN!!

Yeah, because putting Favre on the cover will definitley be a huge marketing loss. :rolleyes:

Outside of Chicago and Minnesota, nobody hates Favre. In Detroit, may be a bit. But, the 10-20 year olds will still buy this game, regardless, and the intense geek gamers who are like 40 will still buy the game. Actually, this could be a boost to marketing as Favre is a role-model/hero for many kids, and many kids across the country love him.

I think your comment about "Packer fans not having TVs" is kind of ridiculous. Just because it's Wisconsin? Come on.

Hilarious.

You realize that the world isn't run by Chicago Bears fans, and that, as hard as it may be for you to understand, there are fans of other teams out there. Amazingly, there are even Brett Favre fans. Hell, there are even Packer fans, believe it or not, and they do play video games just like normal people. The fact that you think that putting Brett Favre on the cover actually hurts the franchise is hilarious, and the fact that you think that Packer fans don't have TVs or gaming consoles is just sickening and sad.