Possible good news for season opener

ElmhurstMarcus

Colts | B. Sanders could open year on PUP list

Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:30:25 -0700

Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts S Bob Sanders (shoulder) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colts | Freeney could open year on PUP list

Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:29:33 -0700

Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts DE Dwight Freeney (foot) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colts | Harrison could open year on PUP list

Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:28:34 -0700

Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison (knee) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance.

Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts S Bob Sanders (shoulder) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance.

Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts DE Dwight Freeney (foot) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance.

Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison (knee) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance.

WOW - Now I wonder if these 3 will be ok for the 2008 season, that is my question, :rolleyes:

Just having some fun.

Then Bears by 63 easy! ;)

I'm pretty convinced of it. Albeit I have no evidence except the past. I just see all the talk of "competition" as just talk... They've always handed Grossman the job, I see no reason to trust them otherwise until the prove differently.

Also, if you look at the contracts, I believe Grossman is in for 1 year and Kyle 2... I see them giving to Grossman as an all or nothing. Then if he doesn't pan out yet again, they go to Orton. Next season, barring something magical or miraculous from either 2, I foresee a #1 QB drafted with Orton being the starter (ie. the place holder for the rookie).

You think hes gonna have the job over Orton for sure?

name='DrunkBomber' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:41 AM' post='40652']

A healthy Mike Brown and Bob Sanders injured swings things really far our way.

It will help, but they will still be favored by 10+

name='MadLithuanian' date='Jun 16 2008, 11:14 AM' post='40655']

It's just that whole Manning vs Grossman thing that worries me!

LOL!!!

name='DrunkBomber' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:08 PM' post='40660']

You think hes gonna have the job over Orton for sure?

God, I hope not.

name='AZ54' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:14 PM' post='40662']

Bob Sanders equals Mike Brown. Key players for their respective defenses both hurt all the time. One difference, they had Sanders for the Super Bowl and we didn't have Brown.

Definately MVP's when they are on the field. Both are playmakers and leaders.

To add my thoughts on the situation. I hope all the Colts and Bears are on the field. It would make victory that much sweeter.

I honestly think they will try to keep the qb competition fair but in the back of their minds they subconsciously think Rex is the guy. I have always been a Grossman fan but I dont think he should get the job handed to him. If Orton and Grossman both play at the level they were at the end of last season it might come down to the wire.

I know I am a homer and all, but I just have this feeling about this year. I really think we will open up the season with a bang like in 06. I love the way this defense is coming together, and hopefully as long as most of the key players stay healthy, I think the D could jump back into the top 5.

I know I am a homer and all, but I just have this feeling about this year. I really think we will open up the season with a bang like in 06. I love the way this defense is coming together, and hopefully as long as most of the key players stay healthy, I think the D could jump back into the top 5.

I kind of have a good feeling about this squad too. Nobody is expecting anything from the offense so they can fly under the radar and I think our division hasnt gotten much better.

For the offense, I'm expecting/hoping that they won't be feast or famine like 06, but rather just be consistent. Whether is be Grossman or Orton behind center, all I want to see is long drives taking time off the clock (resting the D) and scoring between 14-24/7 points a game. That is not including points scored by Defense or Special Teams. Now add those points by the ST and D, and we should have scored enough to win, if the D does it's job.

I'm not expecting this offense to outscore anyone, but to be good enough to get us the amount of points we need and keep the D rested!