Nick Hill waived

ChileBear

I tip my cap to Bradjock (i think it was Bradjock) who made a comment about how unimpressive Hill looked. Apparently Bears brass agreed with such assesment.

Thanks for that . . . except I also said Hanie looked unimpressive (although I know he's made some big throws in other practices)

The big question remains: Who is going to take his roster spot? I'd be shocked as hell if we continue going with just 3 quarterbacks entering the first pre-season game.

The Trib is reporting that Nick Hill is gone. Now we have 3.

As per the Tribune, we cut Hill to bring back TE Marcus Stone (The cut we cut when Hester came back from his hammie injury . . . so we cut him Sunday & he's back Tuesday? I hope he didn't leave town.)

I mentioned before that I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in a 4th QB. Then I remembered we're essentially allowed less roster players, since previously European players didn't count (which is why we don't have two place-kickers like we normally do.)

So this means one of two things:

1. We're happy as hell with Hanie & we want to give him as much work as possible, or

2. Another QB (Chris Simms or mysterious other?) is on their way.

I tip my cap to Bradjock (i think it was Bradjock) who made a comment about how unimpressive Hill looked. Apparently Bears brass agreed with such assesment.

Ahem...I don't know if bradjock said the same thing, but I know that I called this one.

Hill will get cut

Hill looked bad, and I said that he'd be cut.

screw Simms, if the guy gets hit, his body might split in half. I'd much rather see Leftwich brought in. He's better than Simms, has more potential, and we wouldn't have to give up a draft pick for him.

screw Simms, if the guy gets hit, his body might split in half. I'd much rather see Leftwich brought in. He's better than Simms, has more potential, and we wouldn't have to give up a draft pick for him.

Let me get this straight, you are down on Simms because of injury risk and therefore you want Leftwich?

Leftwich poses a much bigger injury concern than Simms.

If you take out the injury concerns, which are very high with Leftwich, I agree, go with Leftwich. However, Injuries are the exact reason I am concerned about Leftwich, he has had a problem with leg problems going back to his college days, whereas Simms had one major problem with his spleen but as far as I know this is nothering to be concerned about for his future days on the gridiron.

The truth of the matter is, IMO, that players with previous starting experience like Leftwich, Culpepper, Dilfer, & Rattay have been available for quite some time and JA has not made any indication of interest in them. Now that the Cowboys are showing interest in Simms, I doubt he is in our future either. So, although I am not very happy with the thought, I think Caleb is our #3 QB.

So, although I am not very happy with the thought, I think Caleb is our #3 QB.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with it. In which round was Brady drafted? Where the heck did Tony Romo come from? Kurt Warner anyone?

How will the Bears ever find out if they have a diamond in the rough unless the guy stays on the squad and gets to show what he can do?

I'm completely content with Caleb as the #3. This team will win with D and ST, not with the likelihood of a #3 QB playing.

The truth of the matter is, IMO, that players with previous starting experience like Leftwich, Culpepper, Dilfer, & Rattay have been available for quite some time and JA has not made any indication of interest in them. Now that the Cowboys are showing interest in Simms, I doubt he is in our future either. So, although I am not very happy with the thought, I think Caleb is our #3 QB.

JA was on the SCORE's Boers & Bernstein show yesterday and he expressed that the job was between Kyle & Rex and he wanted it to be a true competition. He said he couldn't bring in a guy and tell him he had no chance to compete. He also expressed that he didn't want to bring in anyone who would be a distraction from Kyle & Rex's competition.

That means any QB we brought in would have to understand that barring injury, he'll be holding the clipboard this year. No more, no less.

That would automatically eliminate guys like Leftwich & Culpepper who still view themselves as a #1. Simms might qualify for that role it he's still not 100% and needs more time to get back into football. But I agree with you Pix. With the Cowboys interested in bringing him in, this will drive the price up. Not to mention that if we traded for him, I believe we'd have to pay him 2 million. The way we've paying guys lately, I can't see us spending that on a 3rd string QB who'll be a FA next year.

If we do have 2 million, I'd much rather see us spend it on trying to get another offensive lineman (Ruben Brown?)

To be honest, I don't have a problem with it. In which round was Brady drafted? Where the heck did Tony Romo come from? Kurt Warner anyone?

How will the Bears ever find out if they have a diamond in the rough unless the guy stays on the squad and gets to show what he can do?

I'm completely content with Caleb as the #3. This team will win with D and ST, not with the likelihood of a #3 QB playing.

Sheesh, do you really give Angelo that much credit to think he could find a Romo/Warner or Brady???

I really don't have a problem with it if we HONESTLY feel that Hanie can step in and win a game for us. Hopefully, the #3 QB won't be forced to play, but you never know. If we look at this kid and say that he has legitimate NFL ability, I'm all for it.

I agree, I got to see him a game a year when they played CU. For CSU it was pretty much thier most important game of the season and it had a very playoff like atmosphere, most the of the games were played at Invesco. He always impressed me and I thought he might have a chance to be a 6-7th rounder not higher b/c of the school he played at. Hopefully he turns into the miracle the Bears have always needed.