RMJ not very happy

Connorbear

Not surprising. I wasn't expecting him to be happy about being at the bottom of the depth chart and pretty much not wanted here.

Maybe he should go to another Deny's with Mo Jones-Drew and beat up some people.

I would hope all of the guys on our team would not be satisfied being anything other than a starter. However, if you are not annointed a starter, instead of complaining, get out there and prove you deserve to be one. Bitching on the bench is not going to help your cause.

I still think he is on his way out. If Graham, McBride, Bowman, D Manning, Vasher, & Tillman remain healthy, it puts Ricky baby so low on the depth chart I see no reason not to trade him.

I would hope all of the guys on our team would not be satisfied being anything other than a starter. However, if you are not annointed a starter, instead of complaining, get out there and prove you deserve to be one. Bitching on the bench is not going to help your cause.

I still think he is on his way out. If Graham, McBride, Bowman, D Manning, Vasher, & Tillman remain healthy, it puts Ricky baby so low on the depth chart I see no reason not to trade him.

RMJ was good in 2006 but didn't do much last year. Still, he finished the season as the starting nickel-back. I can see him being demoted, but how the heck does he goes all the way to #3??? Who's number 2 then?

I wonder how much of this has to do with a cap-saving move. I know RMJ doesn't make that much, but JA's been spending like my wife on pay-day.

What team is going to trade for him when it seems inevitable that he'll get released?

Confusing.

I guarantee RMJ will be dealt. I can't blame him for being upset, he signed on with the Bears because he felt he'd have the opportunity to get significant time at CB. He is no longer getting that. However, instead of whining in public why not go out and bust your ass in the off-season and show that you aren't going to lose your job without a fight.

I wonder how much of this has to do with a cap-saving move. I know RMJ doesn't make that much, but JA's been spending like my wife on pay-day.
His salary plus roster bonus is $2M this year. You'll have to decide how reasonable that is. The real problem comes next year when that amount jumps to $5M. Obviously the Bears aren't going to pay RMJ that much. So this year they shop him, hoping for any trade value at all, and they try find his replacement in case they get lucky.

His salary plus roster bonus is $2M this year. You'll have to decide how reasonable that is. The real problem comes next year when that amount jumps to $5M. Obviously the Bears aren't going to pay RMJ that much. So this year they shop him, hoping for any trade value at all, and they try find his replacement in case they get lucky.

But if they're shopping him, isn't it a bad idea to demote him to 3rd string?

Do you know if we gain cap space from cutting him?

If you are shopping the guy then he isn't in your plans and it's better to give the new guy all the reps so he gets better. RMJ has had lots of opportunities to show he can play CB and has failed each time. He's ok inside but absolutely cannot backup the outside spots. He was a nice stopgap but how long do you keep a guy like that on the roster?