The Wolfe taking it seriously this yr

Connorbear

Me too! He's an exciting player to watch! I really hope a one-two punch of Forte and Wolfe pay dividends for years to come!

I also really liked the way Wolfe played last night. I do not care if it was the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string he was playing against, it does not take away from the fact he decisive, hit the hole quick without hesitation, had excellent speed and good moves in the open field. You can not take away the physical attributes he displayed just because he was playing against ## stringers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain that one. The /popcorn post seemed a response to a previous post of mine, and I have no clue what it is supposed to reference.

Wolfe may not have been playing against 1st string, but (a) he also had an OL blocking for him which could be out of the NFL sooner rather than later and (B) regardless who it was against, the kid looked incredible. I figured he should be very good taking a swing pass or running to the outside, but he was actually able to run between the tackles last night too, and that was impressive.

No one is saying he should be given the starting job, but the 1st pre-season game is about making impressions, and I think there should be little argument he made one last night.

Can you explain that one. The /popcorn post seemed a response to a previous post of mine, and I have no clue what it is supposed to reference.

Wolfe may not have been playing against 1st string, but (a) he also had an OL blocking for him which could be out of the NFL sooner rather than later and (B) regardless who it was against, the kid looked incredible. I figured he should be very good taking a swing pass or running to the outside, but he was actually able to run between the tackles last night too, and that was impressive.

No one is saying he should be given the starting job, but the 1st pre-season game is about making impressions, and I think there should be little argument he made one last night.

I thought the popcorn post was meant to be saying, "I'm just going to grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show." In other words, taking the role of Sweden in the Wolfe debate, not getting involved but nonetheless enjoying the results of the fight.

I thought the popcorn post was meant to be saying, "I'm just going to grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show." In other words, taking the role of Sweden in the Wolfe debate, not getting involved but nonetheless enjoying the results of the fight.

Wow. All that from a one word post:)

Would Kevin Jones be the water boy?

Kevin Jones hasn't been cleared to practice as of yet, so next week I'd move GW up to get reps with the #1,#2 squads. As of the future for Kevin Jones, I really don't see Chicago keeping him after this season. Kevin Jones wants to get paid like a top 10 RB. He will playing his arse off to get that payday. If KJ meets his goals, I really don't think the Bears will be able to afford him. He's just the hedge on the Forte bet.

--I'd love to keep KJ myself, I'm just trying to think like the Bears Brass--

Exactly!

He is insurance for Forte...and it loos like it's a policy we won't need. But at least it was cheap.

Kevin Jones hasn't been cleared to practice as of yet, so next week I'd move GW up to get reps with the #1,#2 squads. As of the future for Kevin Jones, I really don't see Chicago keeping him after this season. Kevin Jones wants to get paid like a top 10 RB. He will playing his arse off to get that payday. If KJ meets his goals, I really don't think the Bears will be able to afford him. He's just the hedge on the Forte bet.

--I'd love to keep KJ myself, I'm just trying to think like the Bears Brass--

Lets also keep in mind that hardly any of our RB's blocking was good last year. I like APR but he sucked rear end last year. AP is supposed to be a darn good blocking RB and he whiffed on so many people last year, which didn't help our QB's when they can't trust there OLine or there RB's to block.

Garrett Wolfe ran a 4.39 forty at his pro day. Kevin Jones was clocked at 4.26 in the 40 at FSU's summer camp(doesn't provide a date or even a year) can't imagine he is that fast any more with several injuries. I can't find AP's 40 time. Matt Forte ran a 4.46 forty. Please remember these stats are from either there pro day or combine stats so for KJ it is from a little while ago.

Garrett Wolfe ran a 4.39 forty at his pro day. Kevin Jones was clocked at 4.26 in the 40 at FSU's summer camp(doesn't provide a date or even a year) can't imagine he is that fast any more with several injuries. I can't find AP's 40 time. Matt Forte ran a 4.46 forty. Please remember these stats are from either there pro day or combine stats so for KJ it is from a little while ago.

Actually, I remember KJ pretty well that draft. His pre-draft 40 times were actually very bad. I remember because he exemplified how stupid I think the 40 is. There was no questioning his speed in college, as he blazed on the field. Hell, I think he was a track guy. But when he ran the 40 for scouts (3 different times) he never broke 4.5/40. I remember how he started dropping down the draft board, like his 40 meant he wasn't fast, despite his college play.

So w/ KJ, its a bit tough as he simply is faster than his 40 times reflected.

The original post wasnt meant for you, it was replying to the /popcorn post.

The /popcorn was because I knew the debate was going to continue now and I was gonna have fun watching it, not because I have a strong opinion on the matter either way.

This is EXACTLY what it meant. You hit the nail on the head.

The only reason the debate continued was because of the popcorn post.

I plead guilty to instigating the discussion to which I have not taken sides. I'm fairly certain it would have started another thread though so i figured I'd bump this one up so the old points wouldn't have to be stated again (guess old points are gonna be rehashed anyway).