Pennington Released

CubbiesFan07

Pennington, IF AND WHEN HEALTHY, is a significant upgrade over Kyle or Rex. The question is how is his health? It has been said he is completely recovered for this year. Is he totally healthy? If so, get him, if not, forget him.

If he could stay healthy behind this horrible line, he would be the ideal fit for the Bears. He's a smart QB, with what has to be one of the NFL's bests career passing percentage of 65.6%.

He would give the WR's a chance to grow and make them look better. Not to mention, he is only 32 and still has a few more good years left in him. Most importantly, his game would keep the O on the field and keep the chains moving, while letting the D rest.

Watching the Bear pre-game they stated that the Bears weren't interested in Pennington at all.

And to top that off, it's being said that they're going to enter the season with only 2 Quarterbacks

/shrug

Whoever says they will open with 2 QBs is an idiot. Especially given the history of cheech and chong here. Let me just say this. If they enter the season with Hanie on the PS, he'll be gone in the blink of an eye and we'll have lost a great talent and for that, I'd fire every asshole in this organization.

Whoever says they will open with 2 QBs is an idiot. Especially given the history of cheech and chong here. Let me just say this. If they enter the season with Hanie on the PS, he'll be gone in the blink of an eye and we'll have lost a great talent and for that, I'd fire every asshole in this organization.

If he continues to play the way he did yesterday, there is no way they will put him on the PS. He will be on the 53 man roster. As you stated, he will be snapped 'in the blink of an eye'. I wouldn't call him a great talent after 1.5 quarters against a 3rd string defense but he does show real potential.

Peace :dabears

Agreed. If we see similar from Hanie in the next 3, he will be our #3...

If he continues to play the way he did yesterday, there is no way they will put him on the PS. He will be on the 53 man roster. As you stated, he will be snapped 'in the blink of an eye'. I wouldn't call him a great talent after 1.5 quarters against a 3rd string defense but he does show real potential.

Peace :dabears

I've had thoughts about the Bears trading for Troy Smith, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Seems like he'll be getting lots of action this preseason for the Ravens though. I think he's going to be a beast someday in the NFL. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Booker for Smith gg

LOL, before this would have irked me. I was an advocate for getting a vet QB for 3rd string and send Hanie to the practice squad. Hell no, Hanie STAYS on the 53 man roster, he would be grabbed in a flash of the eye if the Bears tried that. He is definitely showing he is more than capable of being our #3 (if not our starter soon). He might be the QB we have been seeking for years. How ironic would it be that after all the QBs we have drafted and picked up as FAs that the best of the bunch might very well be an undrafted rookie from Colorado State. Too early to anoint him as our future savior at QB but it is fun to speculate.

The Bears will be drafting another QB next year, or bringing in a FA. If Hanie plays well throughout the preseason, and assuming Rex/Orton continue their average performance, my guess is they'll grab someone in the draft but not in Rd 1. In other words they'll take the less expensive route.