Hanie article

Connorbear

How did this he go undrafted if a guy like matt cassels could be dafted by NE a few ys ago. i am extremely impressed with how this kid peformed. He not only executed the plays but showed he might have 2nd round talent. I heard flacco had a poor 1st outing. Extremly glad we did not draft Chad Henne. I still can not get over how he ran the 2-3rd sting offense like a well tuned machine that has been playing together for a while. I think the bears better keep this kid on as the #3 because he could be really special.

It's unfortunate we have to suffer through this QB battle because I'd like to see Hanie get some more time with the second string offense as the preseason games progress. As it is now I expect we'll have to see Rex/Kyle late into the 3rd quarter.

Isn't this love-fest for Hanie a bit premature? It's mind-boggling to me how much love this guy is getting after an ok quarter and a half versus a 3rd string defense.

Some guy on the SCORE called yesterday demanding that Hanie get time with the first team and have a legitimate competition with Rex & Kyle. IMO, the same argument could be made for P.J. who I thought he looked pretty damn good. He appeared strong & powerful with good hands. Yet if he's so good, why does he keep getting cut by different teams? With Forte, AP, Wolfe, & Jones in front of him, Pope has a snowball's chance in hell of making the team. Yet nobody is demanding he gets more of a chance.

Back when Orton was starting his rookie year, we wanted Rex. When Rex was starting last season we wanted Griese. Now we're booing Rex and wanting Orton. The phrase, "The grass is always greener" comes to mind.

I'm not ripping Hanie, & I'm happy as hell that he appears to have the ability to be an ok #3. But I'm extremely skeptical.

BEAR with us bradjock!

I think we all know it's early...but given our history at the spot, is it any wonder people are getting thrilled when they see something good?

The grass is always greener is in full effect!

Isn't this love-fest for Hanie a bit premature? It's mind-boggling to me how much love this guy is getting after an ok quarter and a half versus a 3rd string defense.

Some guy on the SCORE called yesterday demanding that Hanie get time with the first team and have a legitimate competition with Rex & Kyle. IMO, the same argument could be made for P.J. who I thought he looked pretty damn good. He appeared strong & powerful with good hands. Yet if he's so good, why does he keep getting cut by different teams? With Forte, AP, Wolfe, & Jones in front of him, Pope has a snowball's chance in hell of making the team. Yet nobody is demanding he gets more of a chance.

Back when Orton was starting his rookie year, we wanted Rex. When Rex was starting last season we wanted Griese. Now we're booing Rex and wanting Orton. The phrase, "The grass is always greener" comes to mind.

I'm not ripping Hanie, & I'm happy as hell that he appears to have the ability to be an ok #3. But I'm extremely skeptical.

It's pretty obvious that Hanie has some great tools, a strong arm, good mobility, goes thru his progressions well and he has alot of poise in the pocket. The problem I see is, this coaching staff does such a poor job in developing talant that some freakin moron will try and put this guy on the PS where he'll last about 15 minutes before a real NFL team picks him up and does with him what we should have. It's ok though because let's face it, this is the Bears. What do they know about QBs anyway?

The problem I see is, this coaching staff does such a poor job in developing talant

I can't praise them, but I do have to give them credit for developing Kyle Orton. Compared to how he looked his rookie year, Orton's made one helluva an improvement.

put this guy on the PS where he'll last about 15 minutes before a real NFL team picks him up and does with him what we should have. It's ok though because let's face it, this is the Bears.

Which team? Seriously. Can you name any team in the NFL that would rather have Caleb Hannie over it's current 3rd string QB? Would a team llike the Packers dump a guy like Matt Flynn, a guy they drafted in the 6th round and have spent time with all off-season, in favor of an undrafted rookie? I just don't see it.

If we believe that strongly in Hanie, I believe we have to find a spot for him on the roster. But I'm confident that no team would be jumping on Hanie to put him on their 53 man roster.

Which team? Seriously. Can you name any team in the NFL that would rather have Caleb Hannie over it's current 3rd string QB? Would a team llike the Packers dump a guy like Matt Flynn, a guy they drafted in the 6th round and have spent time with all off-season, in favor of an undrafted rookie? I just don't see it.

If we believe that strongly in Hanie, I believe we have to find a spot for him on the roster. But I'm confident that no team would be jumping on Hanie to put him on their 53 man roster.

I think the Cowgirls were extremely interested in him when we signed him as a FA. I read an article at the time that said he chose Chicago because he would have a better chance of making the roster.

I think the point is mute. If he continues to play like this, I simply do not see us putting him on the PS. He will be on our 53 man roster.

Peace :dabears

I think the Cowgirls were extremely interested in him when we signed him as a FA. I read an article at the time that said he chose Chicago because he would have a better chance of making the roster.

I think the point is mute. If he continues to play like this, I simply do not see us putting him on the PS. He will be on our 53 man roster.

Peace :dabears

The Cowboys have Brad Johnson & Richard Bartel as their back-ups. So it comes down to whether or not they think Hanie would make a better #3 then Bartel (whoever the hell that is.) The Cowboys are another team probably looking to keep only 2 QB's on the 53 man roster.

That being said, I agree that if he continues to play like this, we'll keep him on the 53 man roster. We didn't need Hass last season, but we thought he was good enough to save a spot for so no other team would get him.

Personally I like the idea of making sure your #3 QB spot is solidified. As I mentioned before, I'm skeptical about him. But I'm anxious to see if he can continue to play well next week.

The Cowboys have Brad Johnson & Richard Bartel as their back-ups. So it comes down to whether or not they think Hanie would make a better #3 then Bartel (whoever the hell that is.) The Cowboys are another team probably looking to keep only 2 QB's on the 53 man roster.

That being said, I agree that if he continues to play like this, we'll keep him on the 53 man roster. We didn't need Hass last season, but we thought he was good enough to save a spot for so no other team would get him.

Personally I like the idea of making sure your #3 QB spot is solidified. As I mentioned before, I'm skeptical about him. But I'm anxious to see if he can continue to play well next week.

I see someone like the vikes ands Miami picking this kid up, he is definately a parcells type. Strong arm and Mobile. I would like to see him in more competitive light. Running the second string during this next game would be nice. and the last preseason game see him with starters for 2 series. You can then judge what he has pretty well. But from what I saw and heard about him, this kid got Moxie. He will be our starter in 2 years if JA does not try to put him on the PS.

I see someone like the vikes ands Miami picking this kid up, he is definately a parcells type. Strong arm and Mobile. I would like to see him in more competitive light. Running the second string during this next game would be nice. and the last preseason game see him with starters for 2 series. You can then judge what he has pretty well. But from what I saw and heard about him, this kid got Moxie. He will be our starter in 2 years if JA does not try to put him on the PS.

Miami has Pennington now, he will likely start this season. Chad Henne was drafted this year and is their developmental QB. They can choose Josh Mckown or John Beck as their 3rd QB (not necessarily 3rd string) so they will NOT be picking up Hanie.

name='Connorbear' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:09 AM' post='43365']

They better not think they are going to be able to keep on the PS. He will have to be on the 53 man roster and I would want him over Simms.

If the staff sees any football player in Hanie at all, no way he becomes available to anyone. Unless a vet with promise is to be gotten, Hnie sticks.

from the article:

Right guard Roberto Garza looks to be the cover boy for the Spanish version of Madden 2009, which has a scheduled release date of Sept. 16.

I am definitely getting the Mexican version of Madden!

Oh yeah, Hanie is a stud ;)

I can't praise them, but I do have to give them credit for developing Kyle Orton. Compared to how he looked his rookie year, Orton's made one helluva an improvement.

I'll tell you right here and now that if you let Hanie have another game like he had Thursday you can bet your ass he'll get picked up in a heartbeat if he's put on the practice squad. Every idiot with a PC thinks there a freakin expert on our QB situation and you're out of your freakin mind if you think this coaching staff did a thing to develop Orton OR Grossman. While your at it, why don't you go look at this guys passing stats and QB rating before you make a comment like that. By the way Tony Romo wasn't drafted and he didn't turn out too bad did he?

I'll tell you right here and now that if you let Hanie have another game like he had Thursday you can bet your ass he'll get picked up in a heartbeat if he's put on the practice squad.

I repeat: Who??? Which team? Most teams have 4 QB's on their roster right now. Which team will dump one or two players they've been working with since April for Hanie?

Every idiot with a PC thinks there a freakin expert on our QB situation and you're out of your freakin mind if you think this coaching staff did a thing to develop Orton OR Grossman.

Do me a favor: Go back and watch Orton in 2005, his rookie year. If you do you'll find that he doesn't wind-up nearly as much, his release is much quicker, and his footwork is better. Did these things happen from him playing Madden? The guy is improved. Or staff deserves some credit for that.

While your at it, why don't you go look at this guys passing stats and QB rating before you make a comment like that.

What comment? So Hanie was 9 for 16 for 101 yards & a touchdown . . . against 3rd & 4th string defense. That's nice. I'm happy about that. That convinces me that if he has to play this year, he won't crap himself and roll over and play dead.

By the way Tony Romo wasn't drafted and he didn't turn out too bad did he?

I hope like hell he's the next Tony Romo. Do you REALLY think he's the next Tony Romo???