We got Hochuli'd

Bears4Ever_34

Yes but according to BrianBear, Peanut is a d*ck for defending his teammates.

Shame on him. :rolleyes:

Dick No. Stupid... VERY. Whatever way ya try to dress it up as some macho crap IN THE END it ultimately threw away our last chance at winning the game.

Dick No. Stupid... VERY. Whatever way ya try to dress it up as some macho crap IN THE END it ultimately threw away our last chance at winning the game.

He could have jumped in and try and separate them. He could have jumped in and try to pull people off of him. Oh wait, there was already others doing that. He jumped in to get in the fight, to retaliate. Now that is stupid. Agreed!

He jumped in to get in the fight, to retaliate.

I ONLY saw Peanut trying to pull guys off the pile. Did anyone see him retaliate?

All I saw was a player trying to assist his teammate who was being pounded on the head AND then piled upon by the other team.

If someone knows of other actions taken by Peanut that would have deserved a flag, I would appreciate knowing it.

Otherwise, it is my opinion that it is totally unjust/unreasonable to try to blame Peanut, especially considering the situation arose due to a parade of stupid actions by other members of the team and staff.

From the best of my knowledge, I saw him retaiate. Either it was a push or something. I can't recall exactly, but I said to myself at the time... "Idiot, now you're the last person to do something and you will get the penalty."

I'll need to see the play agasin to recall exactly... I'm sure Comcast will show it a few times...

Keep in mind, this isn't a new development. Flags have been thrown for decades agasint the guy the retaiates, not the one that starts it.

I ONLY saw Peanut trying to pull guys off the pile. Did anyone see him retaliate?

All I saw was a player trying to assist his teammate who was being pounded on the head AND then piled upon by the other team.

If someone knows of other actions taken by Peanut that would have deserved a flag, I would appreciate knowing it.

Otherwise, it is my opinion that it is totally unjust/unreasonable to try to blame Peanut, especially considering the situation arose due to a parade of stupid actions by other members of the team and staff.

Didn't we benefit from the same early in the game? First play of the game, TB is flagged when a TB player (Penn?) shoved Alex Brown when Brown shoved first.

2nd guy gets the flag. That's the way it has always been. Players simply need to show more discipline. We can gripe at the refs, but (a) the defense still allowed us to be in that position (B) the D still has plenty of time and field position to make a stand and negate the importance of the call and © players bait each other this way all the time, and the expectation is to not fall for it.

From the best of my knowledge, I saw him retaiate. Either it was a push or something. I can't recall exactly, but I said to myself at the time... "Idiot, now you're the last person to do something and you will get the penalty."

I'll need to see the play agasin to recall exactly... I'm sure Comcast will show it a few times...

Keep in mind, this isn't a new development. Flags have been thrown for decades agasint the guy the retaiates, not the one that starts it.

Yeah, I had forgotten that as my anger of the loss clouded my recolection!

It is the old what comes around goes around...

Didn't we benefit from the same early in the game? First play of the game, TB is flagged when a TB player (Penn?) shoved Alex Brown when Brown shoved first.

2nd guy gets the flag. That's the way it has always been. Players simply need to show more discipline. We can gripe at the refs, but (a) the defense still allowed us to be in that position (B) the D still has plenty of time and field position to make a stand and negate the importance of the call and © players bait each other this way all the time, and the expectation is to not fall for it.

Yes but according to BrianBear, Peanut is a d*ck for defending his teammates.

Shame on him. :rolleyes:

I don't believe I ever called him a d*ck. I said he was a moron. We're trying to win a game- you don't run in pile and try to kick a guy's a**.

Like, seriously, does Adewale Ogunleye need help beating the hell out of a guy twice as small as him? :rolleyes:

Without an offense, we are not going anywhere. What happened to all the creativity--you know, Hester getting the snap, etc.- that we heardin the preseason? The teams I am watching now, the Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, are moving all over the place. We are not anywhere near that level.

The Bears can't even manage the basics let alone wrinkles. I'm not sure we could execute a pop warner offensive play book. We should have jumped out to a 14 point lead (that's what real NFL teams would do given the way that game started) but this is Chicago so we end up with 6 points. So instead of a jumping out to a two TD lead, we manage a one score lead. Which they promptly answered with a TD and the extra point giving them a lead and confidence in a game that had been dominated by the Bears. For most of the remainder of the first half the offense does nothing but but wast opportunity after opportunity till just before half we have a promising drive that again stalls and we settle for a FG. trailing 9-14 at the half. Second half the offense gets a clue and mounts a comeback and puts us in the lead by 10 points and then goes into autopilot for the remainder of the contest. The defense does it's part and allows a quick 10 points to tie it up and force overtime. The offense has a few cracks at it in OT but seems to be following the pattern of the first half ineptitude and produces nothing. How many OT games go inside 6 min left in the OT session? What does that say about both teams?

The penalty on Tillman was a horrible call he was barely even involved and if anything he was trying to break it up and he gets flagged.

On Orton's Grossman imitation where he threw right to the defender. The best block the Bucs got was the ref getting in Orton's way as he was trying to chase it down. Had the ref not interfered it's possible Orton gets him out of bounds before he gets to the end zone and the D at least has a chance to hold them to three. But nope, the ref is right in the way and Kyle has to get around him to try and make a play.

The bears lost this game not the refs. Sure we got screwed a couple times but we did more to sabotage a win ourselves than the zebras did.

The two above instances were to me the only times we can say we truly got screwed by the refs. That alone should not result in a loss were they at critical points in the game? Yes. But it should never come to not getting this call or that call or having this penalty or that penalty. We blew so many opportunities in this game. As I said in the beginning of this post if we jump out to a 14 point lead out of the gate that can completely change the outlook of the game. But if you are getting dominated and are only down 6 points it gives you confidence. If Robbie makes that field goal we would have had a 27-14 lead and that 10 points would have been too little too late. Fact is we got beat by a bad team... what does that make us?