We got Hochuli'd

Bears4Ever_34

The referees screwed the Bears big time. How do you not see Trueblood punching at one of our players right in front of everyone?! Total B.S!! I won't stand for it. Something needs to be done. We'll find out in a week that that guy gets a fine, and he ends up saving the game for the Bucs because the freakin referees missed the call.

If Rashied Davis catches a pass on 3rd and long you never see that play happen. That's twice in two weeks he's dropped an easy pass and cost us the game. On top of that we had a 10pt lead in the 4th quarter and the D gave it all back. By the third game you know what type of team you have and we're just average and likely headed for 1-3.

Yeah it's still stupid of Tillman but come on! The guy was punching our player for about 5 seconds and it wasn't just one, IT WAS A COUPLE! Then they flag Tillman for coming in and standing up for our guy. That is just wrong and the league should be embarassed for the 2nd straight week on how the referees forced the outcome of a game.

Unfortunately, the refs always see the effect and not the cause. Too bad they can't look at replay of that cuz that garbage by Trueblood and he should be fined.

Stupid of Peanut though as well. Gotta think there.

Was Peanut really retaliating or was he just pulling him off?

That's the thing. It was such a small thing to flag someone for. With everyone in a pile, pushing, diving, punching...hey, look, Peanut's grabbing a guy and pulling him -- oh, now the other stuff is perfectly okay, but THAT'S worth a flag. Bullshit, piss-poor officiating.

If Rashied Davis catches a pass on 3rd and long you never see that play happen. That's twice in two weeks he's dropped an easy pass and cost us the game. On top of that we had a 10pt lead in the 4th quarter and the D gave it all back. By the third game you know what type of team you have and we're just average and likely headed for 1-3.

The most troubling thing is that our defense seems to get worse as the game progresses. That means we have a good game-plan, but can't make adjustments.

Two weeks in a row you can pin the loss on one individual. Last week Olsen, this week Tillman. Another "defining moment."

Christ this loss was despressing.

The most troubling thing is that our defense seems to get worse as the game progresses. That means we have a good game-plan, but can't make adjustments.

Two weeks in a row you can pin the loss on one individual. Last week Olsen, this week Tillman. Another "defining moment."

Which is why I always yell out "F Lovie" the guy is stupid. Can't make one single adjustment to save his ass! No playoffs this year better = Firing Lovie.

The referees screwed the Bears big time. How do you not see Trueblood punching at one of our players right in front of everyone?! Total B.S!! I won't stand for it. Something needs to be done. We'll find out in a week that that guy gets a fine, and he ends up saving the game for the Bucs because the freakin referees missed the call.

That one call sucked for the Bears, but it still comes down to the choke-job from the Bears. The offense was timid, ineffective most of the game, and hardly created any threat. The defense basically made no adjustments and allowed Griese to just step up into the pocket and throw 3 million times, playing that weak ass bend but don't break cover 2.

There is no way this game should have come down to that play making any sort of impact. It should have been put away long before then.

Couldn't the Bears have reviewed it? I always though you could challenge a fumble even when ruled down by contact. Or was this the exact same as the Denver/Oakland game where you have the whistle rule.

Bears lost this game because:

1. They couldn't pressure Griese.

2. They couldn't catch key passes (Rashied in OT)

3. Boneheaded Penalties (Peanut)

True that, the game would have been over if Davis makes the easiest catch opportunity you could possibly have. That still doesn't mean the refs miss a huge blatant call like that where it propels the other team to victory.

I agree the whole team did their part to lose this game.

The offenses ineptitude got us 3 first half field goals, 1 red zone IN, 1 INT returned for a TD we trail at halftime 14-9. First half the Defense did a darn good job given they would get a stop and then be back out on the field 4 plays later.

Second half the Offense started to come around and put up 15 points to open up a 10 point lead. 3 min and change we had posession and the lead. All we had to do was eat up as much clock as possible and if need be make one more defensive stop and it's game over. But we fail to acheive either objective and give up 10 points in less just over 3 min. We then move to overtime and the Defense at this point is gassed. We manage to play to a stalemate till about 6 min and change left. Maynard does his part and pins them deep. The defense steps up and makes a stand forcing a 3 and out till we get ref'd and they wind up with a first and 10 at about the 30, they then go into the no huddle and our gassed defense is sucking wind and desperately trying to salvage the game but it's no use and they win on a chip shot FG. Bears are now 1-2 on their way to 1-15 and a first round draft pick.

Couldn't the Bears have reviewed it? I always though you could challenge a fumble even when ruled down by contact. Or was this the exact same as the Denver/Oakland game where you have the whistle rule.

Bears lost this game because:

1. They couldn't pressure Griese. This was a clear indication that Babich didn't make any adjustments.

2. They couldn't catch key passes (Rashied in OT) That drop hurt, but it's not like they shouldn't have had more points on the board at that point. Four turnovers from the D, and the O didn't do enough. Six points in the first quarter is pathetic considering the fact that one drive started deep in TB's end, and another started just about on the 50. In the 2nd QTR the D gives the O the ball in TB's end again, and Orton turns it over. 3rd QTR the Bears get the ball again around the 50 and do jack with it. And in the 4th they finally did something with the good field position

3. Boneheaded Penalties (Peanut) Once again, that hurt, but the Bears should never have been in that position to begin with.

This is very simple. The Bears had EIGHT DRIVES of less than TEN YARDS. That's just not going to cut it.

refs are gonna be refs...this team just cannot finish

Nor can they start.

Honestly, this was like the 2006 game vs TB here. TB rallied in the end in that game, forced it to OT, except Rashied Davis made that catch, and Gould hit the FG. If Davis makes that catch, Gould probably makes the FG and we get a win.

Agreed 100%.

Peace :dabears

Without an offense, we are not going anywhere. What happened to all the creativity--you know, Hester getting the snap, etc.- that we heardin the preseason? The teams I am watching now, the Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, are moving all over the place. We are not anywhere near that level.

''If you want me to be truthful with the situation, I don't know who it was, but they grabbed me in places they shouldn't have grabbed me after the play and that's what started the whole thing,'' Trueblood said. ''I think those guys take a lot of pride in what they do, and we take a lot of pride in what we do, but one thing I don't stand for is someone grabbing you in your genitals.''

Trueblood wrestled on the ground with defensive end Adewale Ogunleye and then the skirmish broke out that ended with Tillman trying to pull players off a pile before engaging with Clayton.

''I don't know who it was,'' Trueblood said. ''But whoever was beneath [me] paid the price. I was just doing what I do on a block. I was just laying on top of him, not moving. And then those guys ... we were kind of cool with the situation. That [stuff] happens on every play.

''Someone is going to grab and someone is going to poke. We were kind of letting it ride. I was going to get up, I was going to walk away.''

Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris had a different take.

''If a dude does something to your teammate, you go in and help,'' Harris said. ''The referee saw whatever he wanted to see. One of the dudes was doing something dirty to Wale on the ground after the play. They didn't get the first down, so we could have been going off the field. They were down there fighting and then everybody jumped in.

''Would you leave your teammate? Would you leave your partner out there in war if you see somebody jumping on them? No, it's the principle. We're men, man.

''Regardless of that, if I see my teammate down there getting stomped, two dudes jumping on Wale, one dude and another jumped in, he better not just walk off. If they walk off while I'm down there, we've got a problem. They better at least pull the dude off of me.

''Everybody knows that; you don't just leave your teammate.''

Harris said the cheap play started with the Bucs three hours earlier, when guard Arron Sears shoved him after the whistle on the first play.

''Their line is dirty and we knew that coming in,'' Harris said. ''I guess they thought they were going to come in here and just think we were going to accept that. Like Trueblood blindsided me when the play was over with. [Trueblood] is dirty, he wants you to know that. Since he's not that talented and not that good, he wants you to know that, 'I'm the dirtiest player.'''

:shakehead

Yes Tommie, your right, but Tillman's penalty was unnecessary. It was after the fact. Too late to matter, except that it helped the Bucs win the game. If they punt from their end zone there is a good chance we get good enough field position to move into field goal distance and win the game. Tillman blew it, plain and simple.

Bad teams compain about officiating. Good teams roll with the punch and stop them the next series.

This franchise sickens me at the moment...

Yes Tommie, your right, but Tillman's penalty was unnecessary. It was after the fact. Too late to matter, except that it helped the Bucs win the game. If they punt from their end zone there is a good chance we get good enough field position to move into field goal distance and win the game. Tillman blew it, plain and simple.

Unless I missed something, Peanut came into the pile to try to assist his teammates and the refs made a horrible call by missing the true penalty.

IMO, Peanut is one of the few players/staff of da Bears that is not an uninspired, unimaginative, and/or soulless oxygen thief.

Unless I missed something, Peanut came into the pile to try to assist his teammates and the refs made a horrible call by missing the true penalty.

IMO, Peanut is one of the few players/staff of da Bears that is not an uninspired, unimaginative, and/or soulless oxygen thief.

Yes but according to BrianBear, Peanut is a d*ck for defending his teammates.

Shame on him. :rolleyes:

Our DL never really pressured Griese the entire game. We did get some pressure when we blitzed. Almost every time we blitzed, a negative or minimal play occured.

What happened is the Babich adjusted OUT of the blitzes during the last minutes of the game. Griese had all day back there to make all of his throw. It's the old school "prevent" or "pure Cover 2" defense that got exploited.