Kyle's passes look more crisp tonight

KiLoc69

I think you're right, though it could be just that he's throwing much less dink and dunk. I've been watching Orton throw the occasional laser for 4 years now, yet I've still been seeing him described as noodle armed on messageboards lately, but I guess haters will be haters.

I think his noodle arm is more attributed to the lofts he throws on his longer passes....

I think you're right, though it could be just that he's throwing much less dink and dunk. I've been watching Orton throw the occasional laser for 4 years now, yet I've still been seeing him described as noodle armed on messageboards lately, but I guess haters will be haters.

Get back to me when he can throw the deep ball.

Until then, keep drinking the kool aid.

4 INT's in two games. I thought he didn't turn the ball over?

Ok i am not going to attack Rex b/c I think Bears 88 is going to be negative about anything that Kyle does...

I agree with Drunkbomber....Turner is an idiot and cannot adjust to defenses...he keeps his original game plan after the 2nd half....

INT in the endzone was Kyle's fault....

other one was not, thats on the oline

In defense of our QB'S throwing ints.....its not all their fault as some of you guys think and drive the point home with a sledge hammer.First is starts with the line as you well know that ours in known for not blocking all the time.Then the WR are next for not running the right patterns and even finishing the pattern they run. More so on timing routes...5 yards and out doesn't mean go 5 yards and in.Then the OC calling plays that just don't work. Last but not least the QB has to plaay to his ability. Dont try to be a gunslinger thinking you can hit a fly in the air thereby forcing passes into spots when other WR are wide open.

I never said such a thing (unless you mean a comment about a specific game). I've said I want to see him go 4 games playing efficiently (not necessarily great) without many turnovers and without losing his cool. I'm not sure that he's done that (because of last week's pick to the Tampa lineman and this weeks' semi-meltdown in the 3rd quarter). I want to see consistancy. If he can't even do that, why should I think he can be a QB of the future? But I certainly don't want him to fail, like you.

To comment about Kyle in general:

Keep in mind that Hester dropped a very deep pass to Hester for a sure TD...woulda helped KO's stats a good bit. Ended up being a punt.

Also, he hit multiple passes of 20 or more yards tonight, though the longest one was dropped, so that helps reduce one of my major concerns about Kyle (a little bit).

Also, his first pick he was getting hit while throwing it, which is much preferrable to a bad read or inaccuracy (though Kyle held it too long and didn't sense pressure, so it's still his fault).

His second pick was very nearly pass interference in that the defender blocked our TE's route on a timing pattern. That one wasn't Kyle's fault at all from what I can tell (except that maybe he shouldn't have thrown it at all if he saw that guy in the way). But as an offensive coordinator, you know that's the risk you take in implementing timing routes into your offense.

His fumble on the sack was very Rex-like...didn't make me happy. Nor was his second half pocket-presence/awareness any good...and he might have had a sack or two less if he hand't held the ball so long.

Ultimately, Orton seems to be unfazed by it all (success and failures), which is important if he's going to make it.

Kyle did worlds better than Roethlisburger and did it with no running game, so with all things considered I'm satisfied with his play this week. He hasn't proved anything yet, but I never realistically expected him to by week 4.

It's been an entertaining season so far and right now we're tied with Green Bay for the division lead. Go Bears! :headbang

Get back to me when he can throw the deep ball.

Until then, keep drinking the kool aid.

I'm a Rex fan too, and think we would have been 3-0 with Rex coming in last night, but yesterday's game is just one of those Rex probably would have lost. High scoring, no running game, and heavy pressure. When those 3 things are combined (actually the latter 2 alone are enough for me), I have little confidence in Rex.

I personally had given Kyle one more game to show something and with yesterdays performance, he earned more time as starter, bottom line.

I'm a Rex fan too, and think we would have been 3-0 with Rex coming in last night, but yesterday's game is just one of those Rex probably would have lost. High scoring, no running game, and heavy pressure. When those 3 things are combined (actually the latter 2 alone are enough for me), I have little confidence in Rex.

I personally had given Kyle one more game to show something and with yesterdays performance, he earned more time as starter, bottom line.

Personally, I don't see how Kyle was on the bubble with you. If not for some crappy defense, Olsens fumbles and P'nuts penalty, we'd likely be undefeated. Kyle had 10 point leads and huge TOP advantage going into the 4th quarter of both losses. You'd think a shutdown defense would take it from there.

Personally, I don't see how Kyle was on the bubble with you. If not for some crappy defense, Olsens fumbles and P'nuts penalty, we'd likely be undefeated. Kyle had 10 point leads and huge TOP advantage going into the 4th quarter of both losses. You'd think a shutdown defense would take it from there.

I have to agree with you. Orton has not been a disappointment for me so far.

I did think we would be going to Rex in week 5, only because I thought Kyle would be cremated by the Philly defense. A lot of posters a criticizing the Bears' offensive line but remember this, against a very respected OL of Pittsburgh, the Philly defense had 9 sacks, lots of hits and hurries, and knocked the stuffing out of Big Ben just a week ago. The Philly defense coached by a heck of a DC, is "That Good".

So far Kyle has had one good game (vs. the colts), two decent games (vs. the Eagles and Bucs), and one bad game (vs. the Panthers). He has played well above my expectations so far this year. And anyone still calling for him to be benched for Grossman is an idiot.

So far Kyle has had one good game (vs. the colts), two decent games (vs. the Eagles and Bucs), and one bad game (vs. the Panthers). He has played well above my expectations so far this year. And anyone still calling for him to be benched for Grossman is an idiot.

He certainly has done nothing to warrant his benching. I am sure Rex fanatics would disagree.

Personally I am not sure if either are long term answers and feel that our current #3 QB will be in the running for the QB competition next preseason and by year 3 will be our starting QB, and a darn good one.

Calling people idiots because some don't like Orton. Oh, boo hoo. :crying

Orton has looked average out there. But, it's ok when he turns the ball over?

Go work for ESPN then. They could use your "expert" analysis.

I'm going to third that thought...

Orton's been doing pretty much what expected of him. He has turned the ball over more than expected, but he's also generated more points than expected.

More importantly, he's shown serious poise under pressure and has shown that he has resiliancy and comes back after making an error.

I have to agree with you. Orton has not been a disappointment for me so far.

I did think we would be going to Rex in week 5, only because I thought Kyle would be cremated by the Philly defense. A lot of posters a criticizing the Bears' offensive line but remember this, against a very respected OL of Pittsburgh, the Philly defense had 9 sacks, lots of hits and hurries, and knocked the stuffing out of Big Ben just a week ago. The Philly defense coached by a heck of a DC, is "That Good".

Calling people idiots because some don't like Orton. Oh, boo hoo.

Go back to maturity school. Because, it's obvious your dumb ass needs it. :crying

Your behavior on the forum does not put you in a position to criticize someone for being derogatory toward another poster, IMO.

You jump all over anyone who differs with your opinions but do not like it when the favor is returned. You try and mask it with green fonts but it still is the same deal.

IMO, you are an excellent poster but do not show objectivity as much as you should. You need to acknowledge, from time to time, you might just be wrong on a subject. I know it is hard for you to believe this, but we all blow it from time to time because we are so convinced we are right that it is hard to see the other person's view point as having merit when it differs from your own.

In the case of Rex vs Kyle, if you are right, time will tell. Just sit back and relax a bit and let performance on the field tell the story. No need to press the issue, we already know your opinion very well. History will do that for you, if correct, or prove you wrong if you are misled.

I personally do not like anyone on the forum being called a dumb ass or idiot for saying what they truly believe is correct on the forum. We are all entitled to our opinion. Things like this tend to crop up when someone goes overboard trying to convince others to fall in a line behind them and believe as they do instead of having a different opinion.

It's the beard vs the brows...

I think people are just too creeped out by Rex's highly waxed eyebrows. Whereas Kyle desperately needs a barber to trim up that beard.

Natural seems to be winning out...

Orton throws 4 INT's in his last two games, it's no big deal.

Rex throws 4 INT's in his last two games, it's the end of the world.

Orton throws 4 INT's in his last two games, it's no big deal.

Rex throws 4 INT's in his last two games, it's the end of the world.

just get behind the QB that is starting and quit trying to create a QB debate. Rex sucked and had his chance. Orton is producingbetter results and when the game is called properly, he looks pretty damn good. Rex wil never be the starting QB for the Bears ever again (barring injury to Orton).

just get behind the QB that is starting and quit trying to create a QB debate. Rex sucked and had his chance. Orton is producingbetter results and when the game is called properly, he looks pretty damn good. Rex wil never be the starting QB for the Bears ever again (barring injury to Orton).

I think the irony here is that Orton is playing more like Rex than the game manager he was supposed to be. I think that is a good thing. In my mind, we need a quarterback that can win a game for us.

Its also entertaining to watch all the hypocracy of people making excuses for Kyle that they would rip Rex for. Its funny stuff.

Its also safe to say that we now have a case of Good Kyle and Bad Kyle, so it will be interesting to see if he can overcome the turnovers and sacks as this was supposed to be an area of strength.

For all the crap Rex gets about his career TD's and INT ratio.

Take a look at Orton. He's thrown more INT's than TD's in his career.

But, BearSox thinks it's ok to turn the ball over like he has done the past two weeks.

But, according to him you have to like Orton or you're an idiot. :rolleyes:

Rinse, repeat.

For all the crap Rex gets about his career TD's and INT ratio.

Take a look at Orton. He's thrown more INT's than TD's in his career.

But, BearSox thinks it's ok to turn the ball over like he has done the past two weeks.

But, according to him you have to like Orton or you're an idiot. :rolleyes: