Looking back on it...

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Forte or Flacco?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. So...?

• Forte
    • Flacco

Many people at the time wanted us to trade up and snatch Flacco. Now, doing that, we probably would have been stuck giving up our 2nd round pick (Forte).

Flacco looks good and so does Forte, and both look like they could be franchise players at their respective positions- looking back on it, would you rather have Forte, or would you rather we traded up and took Flacco?

I still say Flacco. As much as I really do like Forte, he is exceptional, I think having Flacco would be better down the road. Things now are starting to work out for the better; I didn't necessarily believe that Orton could bail the Bears out but knew he was a decent QB...just not the solution.

In fact, I was watching Orton and wondered since he seems to be improving is it because he is now getting 1st team "reps" and therein forced to practice more? I think he has untapped potential and is definitely showing more and more improvement. In that line of thinking what of the potential of Hanie? Could he be the QB they need in the long run??

4 games is honesty too little to judge either...I'm partial though. I like Forte!

Many people at the time wanted us to trade up and snatch Flacco. Now, doing that, we probably would have been stuck giving up our 2nd round pick (Forte).

Flacco looks good and so does Forte, and both look like they could be franchise players at their respective positions- looking back on it, would you rather have Forte, or would you rather we traded up and took Flacco?

Not sure how valid the question is. Many wanted Flacco, but I am not sure even those who wanted him wanted to trade up so far to get him. The reality is, Baltimore took him way higher than most felt he was worth.

I would also point out there is no way to know where Forte would have been drafted if we had not taken him. Baltimore took Rice later in the 2nd. SD took Jacobs and then Det took Smith, before our 3rd round pick. While I am not saying Forte would have made it to our 3rd round pick, I do think he could have fallen to the back end of the 2nd round.

So, if we are going to play hind-sight, why not say we move up w/ our 3rd round pick into the 2nd round to grab Forte, rather than move up to the mid 1st to grab Flacco?

If we are going to play a bit of hindsight, I still think OL in the 1st, Brohm in the 2nd and then move up to grab Forte in the late 2nd.

We would have given up Bennett and maybe Bowman (early 3rd and early 5th) to get this done.

Not sure how valid the question is. Many wanted Flacco, but I am not sure even those who wanted him wanted to trade up so far to get him. The reality is, Baltimore took him way higher than most felt he was worth.

I would also point out there is no way to know where Forte would have been drafted if we had not taken him. Baltimore took Rice later in the 2nd. SD took Jacobs and then Det took Smith, before our 3rd round pick. While I am not saying Forte would have made it to our 3rd round pick, I do think he could have fallen to the back end of the 2nd round.

So, if we are going to play hind-sight, why not say we move up w/ our 3rd round pick into the 2nd round to grab Forte, rather than move up to the mid 1st to grab Flacco?

If we are going to play a bit of hindsight, I still think OL in the 1st, Brohm in the 2nd and then move up to grab Forte in the late 2nd.

We would have given up Bennett and maybe Bowman (early 3rd and early 5th) to get this done.

Why would you still draft Brohm? There's a reason the 7th rounder Matt Flynn is ahead of him on the depth chart and will get the start on Sunday if Rodgers isn't healthy.

C'mon Nfo - If we're gonna play hindsight, then don't all the other teams have the same benefit? Forte would've been a first round pick and we could probably have gotten Williams in the 2nd, and I would've gone for Flynn in the 3rd.

C'mon Nfo - If we're gonna play hindsight, then don't all the other teams have the same benefit? Forte would've been a first round pick and we could probably have gotten Williams in the 2nd, and I would've gone for Flynn in the 3rd.

Two different levels of hindsight.

First level would be immediatly after the draft, before the players do a thing. This sort of hindsight allows you to take a step back from the draft, and consider how you might have done it if you had a chance to do it over again.

The second level would be after the players have shown something. Then Forte would likely be a 1st round pick, Williams could be a 2nd day pick and Bennett? Who knows.

Why would you still draft Brohm? There's a reason the 7th rounder Matt Flynn is ahead of him on the depth chart and will get the start on Sunday if Rodgers isn't healthy.

As I said to Lt2, it is hindsight in the sense of after the draft, but no really considering how they have actually looked. If we went off that, Forte would likely be a 1st round pick.

I simply am not going to read into too much w/ regard to Brohm as of yet. He is a rookie QB, and I am not sure what you expect of a rookie QB. Possibly more than any other position, QBs need time to develop.

Maybe I am simply wrong (wouldn't be a 1st by any means) but I still would have preferred we came away from this last draft w/ a QB. I was high on Flacco, but would not have taken him w/ our 1st pick, which is what it would have cost us to get him.

• 2 weeks later...