Orton is our Franchise QB! (maybe)

GrizzlyBear

Olin and the staff has always had high praise for Rex in terms of going out each day and busting his a** to get better.

From that standpoint, I respect the hell out of Rex. He could easily be pouting and demanding a trade or whatever, but instead he goes out there each day, minds his own business, and tries to get better in case of an injury or bad play by Orton.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's dishonest to take millions of dollars in an agreement (contract) by pretending you want to be a great football player, and then coasting your way out of the league, laughing all the way to the bank. It's sort of like stealing.

But Rex isn't that guy by a long shot. Rex is a good guy and I respect his efforts to live up to being a Bear. Maybe he's ready to be a NFL starting QB right now, but even if he's not, and even if he's not last to leave after practice, that doesn't make him a bad guy. There are more important things in life than football anyway.

I'm really happy that Orton works so hard and downplays his success though. He seems really grounded (and please don't trot out old pics of him wasted, chugging beers, lol).

My updated thoughts: Okay, right now I'm thinking that were going to have KO for a long time based on these last couple of games and his ability to lead the Bears on a SHOULD HAVE WON drive.

Yep. That last drive went a long way to solidifying him as the starter and leader on the O.

I really would be surprised to see Rex anywhere next year. With his preformances being so erratic I doubt any team would have him. He has the tools but the head is weak. Coaches wont want a Self doubting QB on thier team.

If Charlie Frye, Gus Ferrotte, and Charlie Batch can still find back up jobs, Grossman can.