Orton is our Franchise QB! (maybe)

GrizzlyBear

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's our franchise QB: chase-daniel.jpg

Eegads...are you crazy? This guy cries about allegedly being spit on by someone from Nebraska. Boo hoo... he would never make it in Chicago with that type of moxie. Especially after he throws his first INT. "Boo hoo, the fans don't like me". I see Cedric Benson in this one.

Really, it is way to early to decide on what the Bears need to do with QB. Still 11 games to go. Orton and the Bears are winning, there are FA's to consider and what about injuries etc that take place between now and then? Let alone what could happen in the off season. Like Lovie, continue to give Kyle the chance he deserves.

Guest TerraTor
Come to think of it, this has to be one of the dumbest threads i've ever seen.

Orton has one great game and we're ready to crown him our franchise QB. :lol:

YAY REX GROSSMAN!!!!!

You didn't make it much enjoyable with your b****ing about people not accepting your (dumb) opinions and making comments like Chase Daniel is a franchise QB. He'll be lucky to be picked in the first 4 rounds.

On kind of a similar/side note...what are your thoughts on McCoy from Texas? I've not seen much...

I thought you were nuts.

Now?

I think you're out of your f***ing mind.

Come on, man, you can't be serious. The guy is 5'10 if that.

However, this guy:

stafford.jpg

or this guy:

Bradford.jpg

might be.

On kind of a similar/side note...what are your thoughts on McCoy from Texas? I've not seen much...

I'll let you know Saturday. I've watched him play but not even to judge him. They play Oklahoma on Saturday and so I'll you know what he looks like against a pro-type defense.

On another note, he's about 6'4 and weighs about 215.

Here's our franchise QB: chase-daniel.jpg

Proved everyones point, Rex backer to the end. Sad for ya here is another for ya tool!!

Check this out 88 and cry.

BrianBear, nice to see you talking crap about me on Sox Talk. (whitesoxbrian)

Looks like you have some growing up to do. Oh wait, that's not possible with your two cent brain.

Haha you call me a spammer here. Yet, you have alot more posts than me.

But, it looks like you're a spammer at Sox Talk.

Haha i knew it. I now know to not ever take you seriously.

I'm done arguing with you.

Looks like you have some growing up to do. Oh wait, that's not possible with your two cent brain.

Obviously

Sounds good! You seem well versed in the college game...at least moreso than I! I look forward to hearing your take.

Yeah, I like his size for sure...

I'll let you know Saturday. I've watched him play but not even to judge him. They play Oklahoma on Saturday and so I'll you know what he looks like against a pro-type defense.

On another note, he's about 6'4 and weighs about 215.

So if you have more posts then someone, you're a spammer? Okay, got it.

I'm legitimately worried about how Orton will handle sucess. One game means nothing in the grand scheme of a season or a career. Because I've seen it already. After Rex had that sucess for a few games, it messed with his head, and continued to do so after things turned for the worse, when he should have just mentally regrouped.

I want Orton to ask himself, "Did I have the right expectations for myself going into this season?". If the answer is yes, then he needs to keep exactly those expectations, for at least most of the season if not all of it. If he had the right mindset to begin with, then nothing about it being a bit conservative (or reasonable) should stop him from having great games when he gets good blocking and the D dares him to pass. What I don't want to see is him thinking after that 5 games (in what should in his mind be a 150 game career) that he's now Brett Favre or Peyton Manning or something.

I would say I'm a little surprised that Turner opened up the passing game as much as he has recently, and I probably would have been a little more conservative, but ultimately you can't ever be afraid to make a team pay for daring you to pass. But I'm thinking long term here, and Orton still doesn't exactly have an advanced degree in game managing yet, so as much as some of you think it would help us right now to keep letting him loose, it's meaningless if he doesn't have the ability to reign it in at the flip of switch (when he needs to)...he won't end up our long term QB. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of searching for yet another guy to plug in at QB. I can be a little patient in the short term.

I think we're all tired of our QB woes...

I've been pleasantly surprised by Orton. I hope he keeps it up...

I'm legitimately worried about how Orton will handle sucess. One game means nothing in the grand scheme of a season or a career. Because I've seen it already. After Rex had that sucess for a few games, it messed with his head, and continued to do so after things turned for the worse, when he should have just mentally regrouped.

I want Orton to ask himself, "Did I have the right expectations for myself going into this season?". If the answer is yes, then he needs to keep exactly those expectations, for at least most of the season if not all of it. If he had the right mindset to begin with, then nothing about it being a bit conservative (or reasonable) should stop him from having great games when he gets good blocking and the D dares him to pass. What I don't want to see is him thinking after that 5 games (in what should in his mind be a 150 game career) that he's now Brett Favre or Peyton Manning or something.

I would say I'm a little surprised that Turner opened up the passing game as much as he has recently, and I probably would have been a little more conservative, but ultimately you can't ever be afraid to make a team pay for daring you to pass. But I'm thinking long term here, and Orton still doesn't exactly have an advanced degree in game managing yet, so as much as some of you think it would help us right now to keep letting him loose, it's meaningless if he doesn't have the ability to reign it in at the flip of switch (when he needs to)...he won't end up our long term QB. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of searching for yet another guy to plug in at QB. I can be a little patient in the short term.

The main thing is his progression throught the season so far, he is developing right in front of our eyes. His reads are way better then Rex's anyday, and have you ever seen Rex read before a snap like Orton? I doubt it, I been watching Rex since he started, He would always stick with whats called, And let his arm strength try to overcome his reads. Orton on the other hand seems to have a knack for addressing what the D gives him, and if the play dont fit he changes at the line. I like this style much better then rex's anyday. But there will be wrong audibles iam sure as we seen already, But its a learning process that has to be done.

and you have to love this

Suntimes artticle.

Quarterback Kyle Orton says the Bears' offense is ''so close to being a legit offense in this league'' for one very good reason.

''We practice so well,'' Orton said. ''This is the best practice team I have ever been involved with. We show up and work hard and take a lot of pride in it. You are going to get better if you work that hard. It's great.''

Center Olin Kreutz, who is known to spend long hours breaking down tape, said Orton sets the tone.

''You hear other teams saying: 'Our quarterback is the last guy to leave. Our quarterback studies the game.' Well, Kyle is that guy,'' Kreutz said. ''He's in the building all day studying the game, and guys like that are going to be rewarded by playing well.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...mully08.article

Kudos to Orton!

and you have to love this

Suntimes artticle.

Quarterback Kyle Orton says the Bears' offense is ''so close to being a legit offense in this league'' for one very good reason.

''We practice so well,'' Orton said. ''This is the best practice team I have ever been involved with. We show up and work hard and take a lot of pride in it. You are going to get better if you work that hard. It's great.''

Center Olin Kreutz, who is known to spend long hours breaking down tape, said Orton sets the tone.

''You hear other teams saying: 'Our quarterback is the last guy to leave. Our quarterback studies the game.' Well, Kyle is that guy,'' Kreutz said. ''He's in the building all day studying the game, and guys like that are going to be rewarded by playing well.''

Wonder if this is indirectly saying something about Rex?