Orton is our Franchise QB! (maybe)

GrizzlyBear

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is probably more talented but is not right for this current team.

We need a more conservative QB with the makeup of this team.

Plus with all the history here, Rex isnt going to get it done in Chicago. Needs a fresh start.

That said, with our O-line, i bet we see him before the end of this yr.

Rex is probably more talented but is not right for this current team.

We need a more conservative QB with the makeup of this team.

Plus with all the history here, Rex isnt going to get it done in Chicago. Needs a fresh start.

That said, with our O-line, i bet we see him before the end of this yr.

Would have to disagree on see him this year. I truly think the line has done well for the most part. Even with heavy blitzes from the eagles Orton got enough tiome to throw. With the addition of Williams soon they can only get better. The averages are against Orton finishing the season injury free, But I think with the right play calling it can be avoided.

Would have to disagree on see him this year. I truly think the line has done well for the most part. Even with heavy blitzes from the eagles Orton got enough tiome to throw. With the addition of Williams soon they can only get better. The averages are against Orton finishing the season injury free, But I think with the right play calling it can be avoided.

what worries me is Orton's slow release . but he's so quick to take the dump off that maybe he avoids it that way.

At this point you have to like the way Orton is progressing so far. But its also early and the Lions. Remember that Sexy Rexy was lighting the earth on fire and was the player of the month,

Call me cautiously optimistic at this point. And this is coming from a Rex backer.

I dont mind the turnovers if the TD's and yards come with it.

And I have always thought that we needed more than a game manager to win and its looks like Orton is more gunslinger than we thought.

BrianBear, stop trying to act like you're some know it all.

I don't take you seriously, because you're a f#cking tool.

Going around trying to act like a bad ass behind a computer screen.

Both of you need to simply ignore comments from one another. This is just a message board - don't take it so seriously.

Peace :dabears

Guest TerraTor
Fluke or not, Kyle has shown me significant improvement in the past 2 games. He's also become a vocal leader on offense as can be seen in last week's "Inside the NFL". Now I'm not goin to crown his ass just yet, but he has definately earned the benefit of the doubt from me personally.

Keep ripping on Orton and tell how great Grossman is

Guest TerraTor

BrianBear and I go at it alot, but you really are a jackass 88. I remember from the Draft Chat Room you are younger than most of us, so i hope youre in college, you need it...

Guest TerraTor
OMG Nay sayers galore. Dallas is not the team you think they are.

Im with ya there, cocky overrated, anything else? They were getting beat up by fuggin Cincy.... and ya Cedric Benson was on the field, haha.

Dallas' secondary is pretty suspect. Newman and Adam ( i was #6 overall, so i must be better than i actually am) Jones, couldnt stop a nose bleed the way they've looked

Orton doing all the things he needs to do. Looks like he is progressing and learning from the mistakes he makes. He looked like Joe Montana out there yesterday. That being said, yes that was the detoliet lions, he wont have a game like that every week, but its nice to see his deeper throws being more accurate and him making the right decisions.

Pardon me BrianBear, everyone should bow down to you. All hail the king message board tool!

Why do i continue to respond to your "expert" analysis?

It's no wonder i don't take you seriously.

I have an opinion just like everyone else. Don't like it? Then don't read it.

Like example, just because i still think Rex is a better QB than Kyle "the god" Orton doesn't mean i should get ripped.

But, if you say bad things about Orton, you're an idiot. :rolleyes:

Pep Hamilton says... "Decision-making is his strength," quarterbacks coach Pep Hamilton said. "Without a doubt.""

For a nearly 6'5" guy with a strong arm, that's an exciting strength to have IMO.

I think Orton's decisiveness and poise was the first thing that I noticed about him earlier this season that really caught my eye, and all that ties into decision making. Even while he was mostly just game managing, I could see in his on-field demeanor something that was different from what I'm used to in a Bears uniform at QB.

I'd say his lack of accuracy on deep passes was his most troubling tendency, but I knew there was very little chance that he'd be the same QB the first few games as he would throughout the rest of the season, so I took the specifics of his play for what it was worth and just concentrated on whether he seemed in command of himself, so to speak. On the negative, teams will do better at figuring out how to get him off his game now that they have some game film of him. But on the other hand, he should progress as he gets gametime experience and all 1st team reps.

Silly me, those 4 turnover's last week by him wasn't his fault.

Everytime he turns the ball over people make excuses for him.

He's had one great game and it was against Detroit.

The way some of you talk about him here, you'd think he was Tony Romo Jr.

Even if Orton plays every other game like yesterday I want a QB drafted on day 1. Green Bay drafted QB's for years though they had no chance to beat out Favre. If KO continues to improve we have some trade bait if not a new starter

Even if Orton plays every other game like yesterday I want a QB drafted on day 1. Green Bay drafted QB's for years though they had no chance to beat out Favre. If KO continues to improve we have some trade bait if not a new starter

It never hurts to take a flyer on a QB and RB during every draft. Injuries occur and you need to keep players in the pipe-line ready to take over for a starter. Good teams do this. Angelo does it all the time on defense. He has to start doing it on offense as well.

Pardon me BrianBear, everyone should bow down to you. All hail the king message board tool!

Why do i continue to respond to your "expert" analysis?

It's no wonder i don't take you seriously.

I have an opinion just like everyone else. Don't like it? Then don't read it.

Like example, just because i still think Rex is a better QB than Kyle "the god" Orton doesn't mean i should get ripped.

But, if you say bad things about Orton, you're an idiot. :rolleyes:

I think there's 1 positive everyone can get out of this post:

YOU CAN WRITE MORE THEN 7 WORDS A POST!!

YES!!!!

Other then that, it's garbage. It's no wonder you deny PMs from other people...coward.