Orton is our Franchise QB! (maybe)

GrizzlyBear

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Rex had some great games too. They come, they go. I want to see consistant, poised, efficient, turnover-limiting play and in my mind, I still need to see it one more week before I'm sold...still, no way you can know about franchise QB yet after only 1 great game and 4 games playing "good enough to win", and nobody's been selling Orton more than me recently. After all these years, almost all I care about is consistant, smart play over more than a few games.

I'm carefully watching for flakiness. After 5 games, we have a semi-meltdown in the 3rd quarter in one game and a pass straight to the Tampa lineman for a pick six.

Also, not every team is detroit.

The problem with Bear fans is they constantly expect the worst. It took me awhile to realize this after I left Chicago for the Army. So lets say these 3 games where Orton preformed well is a fluke. Why I said "Maybe". But on the other hand what If it is true and he is what we need, then what , When will you guys off the proverbial Nay wagon and say he is?

I think at this point it is fair to say Kyle is our QB and we don't need to look for a replacement....if he keeps doing what he is doing so far this year, improving and learning while playing good, if not great, then lets get behind him! He has looked solid so far this year, and I can't help but think that he will only get better.

We should be using high round picks on OLine and WR IMO.....unless Kyle gets hurt or starts drinking JD again and looking erratic..........

Fluke or not, Kyle has shown me significant improvement in the past 2 games. He's also become a vocal leader on offense as can be seen in last week's "Inside the NFL". Now I'm not goin to crown his ass just yet, but he has definately earned the benefit of the doubt from me personally.

Exactly what 3 games has Kyle Orton played well? I'll give you Detroit today you give me the other two. Against the Eagles he played in the first half and was horrendous in the second half. Why he gets a pass for his Grossmanesque turnovers is beyond me. Against Tampa he threw a horrible INT that cost us the game.

I was hoping to see a complete game from him today and I did. I have also been waiting to see improved accuracy on the deep ball and we saw that today too. Overall I think Orton is becoming more confident and starting to look like a starting QB but I need to see much more before I'd sign him to a long term contract.

And please dont say when we play Dallas, We already played Philly and beat em.

What does one have to do with the other? If the Bears beat the Eagles then they automatically can beat the Cowboys? Even if that were true(and it isnt, not even close), Dallas BEAT Philly, so the point is mute

Exactly what 3 games has Kyle Orton played well? I'll give you Detroit today you give me the other two. Against the Eagles he played in the first half and was horrendous in the second half. Why he gets a pass for his Grossmanesque turnovers is beyond me. Against Tampa he threw a horrible INT that cost us the game.

I was hoping to see a complete game from him today and I did. I have also been waiting to see improved accuracy on the deep ball and we saw that today too. Overall I think Orton is becoming more confident and starting to look like a starting QB but I need to see much more before I'd sign him to a long term contract.

No.

A Clark dropped TD.

A Davis dropped pass that puts us at TB's 25.

Going away from the run.

That's what costed us the Bucs game.

OMG Nay sayers galore. Dallas is not the team you think they are.

Are you seriously this dense? You are completely missing the point. Dallas beat Philly. The Bears beat Philly. That means we havent proved anything in regards to your "And please dont say when we play Dallas, We already played Philly and beat em" comment.

Dallas may not be the team that I think they are(although, probably closer to my belief than yours), but they still have a pretty awesome offense that could give the Bears defense fits.

Are you seriously this dense? You are completely missing the point. Dallas beat Philly. The Bears beat Philly. That means we havent proved anything in regards to your "And please dont say when we play Dallas, We already played Philly and beat em" comment.

Dallas may not be the team that I think they are(although, probably closer to my belief than yours), but they still have a pretty awesome offense that could give the Bears defense fits.

Prior to the last 2 weeks I would have agreed with you but they sure did not impress me against Washington and CIN was suppose to be one of the worse defenses in the league coming into this week and gave Dallas a run for their money. Do not get me wrong, they are a darn good team, but I just do not think Dallas is as good as they were billed at the start of the season.