Props to Rex

Da Bears 88

I'd like to give props to my man Rex.

He did a nice job for someone who has barely played since preseason.

Screw the haters. Classless Bears fans booing him in the 3rd qtr.

You know show the guy some damn support.

People are all over Orton's nuts like he's some legend.

Yet, every damn time Rex touches the ball he gets booed.

I swear Rex can smile and still get booed.

I've come to conclusion that Bears fans are the biggest idiots in the NFL.

I'd like to give props to my man Rex.

He did a nice job for someone who has barely played since preseason.

Screw the haters. Classless Bears fans booing him in the 3rd qtr.

You know show the guy some damn support.

People are all over Orton's nuts like he's some legend.

Yet, every damn time Rex touches the ball he gets booed.

I swear Rex can smile and still get booed.

I've come to conclusion that Bears fans are the biggest idiots in the NFL.

I really take offense to your post...and i've come to the conclusion you are the biggest idiot on this board

Rex did nothing today. Forte carried the offense when Orton went down. Rex threw for like 60 yards on 19 pass attempts with a rating under 50; thats atrocious. He did have two TD's though but Forte got him into those situations. We need Orton to stand a real chance at making the playoffs. If he's out for more than 3 weeks, were in trouble.

Offense scored 13 pts with Orton in the first half and 14 with Rex in the second. Jabber all you want about Orton vs Rex but he did enough to get the win for us and it's nice to have a QB come off the bench and do that. Now about these recent fumbles by Hester...

Conner it had nothing to do with Turner, Rex just does not the offense down like Orton does. Plus Rex can Not throw over the line, he is to short. Our offense is setup for a Qb that read defenses on line up. Rex is unable to do that cuz he zeros in a reciever before the snap and throws it into coverage. Orton scans the field and releases it to who is open. Rex will really have to step up if Orton is out for more then a week. But I doubt it, he is Rex.

For some reason when Grossman is in the game, Turner's play calling goes to hell. 3 consecutive passes after the Steltz int - WTF?????

Run the ball until they stop the run. They were not stopping the run.

I agree. But Rex also needs to get over the "trying to be a hero" thing and take the shorter stuff. Damn man, how many times did he have a first down and decide instead to go deep only to miss his receiver by 5 yards? It was like he wanted to win his job back with the half of football he had available to him.

That said, I'm glad we were playing the Lions today. We could've beaten them with Urlacher at QB.

The booing didn't start till he had a few bad plays sure some of it may be unfair but let's be honest he's done in chicago he will not get a fair shake from here on out but much of the ill feelings of the fans is his own doing. People are on the Orton band wagon because he has earned that respect. Let's be honest here I for one and I know I'm not alone I didn't expect Orton to come out and play as well as he has this year. I assumed going into the season the offense would suck, the defense would be strong but would eventually wear down due in large part to offensive ineptitude. In some respects I didn't think of Orton as a real starting QB in this league let alone one of the better ones. He has earned my respect with his play on the field and he has been showing steady improvement this season I now firmly believe that Orton is the better QB between him and Rex. I felt Rex did ok, he looked shaky throwing the ball what was his strength which is the the deep ball he overthrew on those passes he had some that could have been picked. The INT was a tipped ball so I don't count that one against him. He had is moments and I will say he did enough good things to help us come back and win it in the second half. Though I wouldn't get too high on coming back from 10 points down in the second half to beat a winless team. I suspect he will start against Tenn. let's se how he does when we face a real defense.

IMHO ripping on fans for getting behind Orton is to me a bit classless. The guy has earned respect from Bears fans and the League because of his play on the field. He's earned the respect and deserves it.

While I agree that booing Rex is silly and counter productive but if he doesn't have thick enough skin to take the good with the bad then he's in the wrong sport or the wrong city. Fans fork over a lot of money to see men play a kids game and when they don't like what they see they have every right to voice their displeasure. I myself wouldn't express that by booing but that's me. To be honest when Orton went down my first thought was "so much for the offense, and the way the defense has played we are doomed." Which is something I never thought would cross my mind before the season started. My expectations on Kyle and the offense were so low at that point but now I've come to expect a higher level of play. At the point where Kyle went down I felt like I was going to see a game like the Minny game where the defense wouldn't stop anything and the offense would have to carry the team. Kyle going down to me meant the offense would come to a halt. Rex does deserve some props for coming in cold off the bench and helping to put this game in the win column. His performance wasn't spectacularly good but fortunately wasn't spectacularly bad either. Forte had a huge second half, and the defense finally stepped up a bit.

Rex's strength is his play action passing. That's why its essential for Forte to have a huge game versus the Titans. If he gets a few nice runs early, it opens up the play action game where Rex thrives. Those deep balls he overthrew today will turn into big plays next week considering he will shake off the rust and get the 1st team snaps in practice this week.

Rex's strength is his play action passing. That's why its essential for Forte to have a huge game versus the Titans. If he gets a few nice runs early, it opens up the play action game where Rex thrives. Those deep balls he overthrew today will turn into big plays next week considering he will shake off the rust and get the 1st team snaps in practice this week.

Thats a tall order against Tenn.

Technically Bears88 didn't complain about people loving Orton. He complained about loving Orton while hating Rex, which he sees as unfair to Rex relatively speaking. I suppose given Bears88's reputation, which is his doing, most people will assume the most anti-Kyle connotation from it.

IMO, Rex looked rusty and a bit nervous, just as Kyle would have been (to some extent anyway) in reversed roles. He played mediocre but was also responsible for both 2nd half TD's. And after the Bears trailed most of the game, he led the O to take the winning lead, with the O scoring more in the second half than they did with Kyle in the first. Clearly Kyle is playing better than Rex, but there is a reason you need more than one QB on your roster who can at least play well enough to win, and today's "W" in the won/loss column is the perfect example. As I said in that other post about what we do about Rex next season, I'm happy to have him if he's not expensive and wants to be here (he certainly owes the Bears for their loyalty).

Next week's game against the unbeaten Titans is unfortunate timing for Rex's first official start at QB in 2008. Maybe Rex will benefit from the Titans not having game tape of him running this season's plays? But Rex is pretty much a veteran by now so I expect much more than "Bad Rex", regardless.

Rex did nothing today. Forte carried the offense when Orton went down. Rex threw for like 60 yards on 19 pass attempts with a rating under 50; thats atrocious. He did have two TD's though but Forte got him into those situations. We need Orton to stand a real chance at making the playoffs. If he's out for more than 3 weeks, were in trouble.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Forte ran better when Rex came in the game, defenses have to respect Rex's long ball and can't just key in on the run. Orton has proved alot to me this season and I do believe now that he is probably our best bet at winning most games, but lets give credit to Rex for helping bring us from behind to win a division game we easily could have lost.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Forte ran better when Rex came in the game, defenses have to respect Rex's long ball and can't just key in on the run. Orton has proved alot to me this season and I do believe now that he is probably our best bet at winning most games, but lets give credit to Rex for helping bring us from behind to win a division game we easily could have lost.

You say that like Orton throws a sh***y deep ball. I've watched every game and Orton's deep balls have been fine. As a matter of fact, he doesn't even have to throw them anymore as the 20 yard slants are open all the time.

after watching his post game interview you have to say he gives all the credit to Orton for us being in first. Kinda wierd seeing give props to a QB in front of him, but it was cool. Lets hope he can rally the troops to more victories.

Cool. That was classy and it brushes off drama over the Rex-Kyle competition that went down, which would only be distracting for Rex right now. We need a couple of wins in the next 4 weeks. 7-5 wouldn't be bad at all considering the remaining schedule it very doable.

You say that like Orton throws a sh***y deep ball. I've watched every game and Orton's deep balls have been fine. As a matter of fact, he doesn't even have to throw them anymore as the 20 yard slants are open all the time.

I wasn't knocking Orton, just pointing out that EVERYONE knows Rex is gonna take many shots downfield and the Lions felt threatened enough that they dropped back their safeties more than they were doing against Kyle. I've also been impressed with Kyle's deeper passes this season but it's not really what he's known for and I'm sure his deep passing game doesn't put much fear into most D coordinators. The lions had no way of knowing if they were gonna get good rex or bad rex...

He was missing people badly in the first few games, but he's been fine since then.

I don't remember Rex throwing any good deep balls yesterday.