Babich sounds like....

Connorbear

My first choice would be a DC that would be allowed to run a different scheme, but assuming that is not an option w/ Lovie as head coach, Marinelli is likely the top choice.

Marinelli, like many others, has not proven capable of being a head coach, but he was a successful and proven DC. Adding him would be an upgrade to Babich, IMHO. It may not be the change many of us want, but it would be an upgrade at least.

It will be Marinelli. Marinelli has a lot better track record than Babich ever did. Just get me someone that isn't afraid to blitz or do something when you can't get any freakin pass rush.

nfo, Where did Marinelli have success as a DC? Wasn't he in Tampa as a DL coach? I thought Monte Kiffin was the DC in Tampa?

Maybe I'm missing a stint somewhere...

My first choice would be a DC that would be allowed to run a different scheme, but assuming that is not an option w/ Lovie as head coach, Marinelli is likely the top choice.

Marinelli, like many others, has not proven capable of being a head coach, but he was a successful and proven DC. Adding him would be an upgrade to Babich, IMHO. It may not be the change many of us want, but it would be an upgrade at least.

Your right. He was the DL coach for nearly a decade for TB, though he was "asst H/C" toward the end. He went from position coach to HC.

My bad. Okay, take me out of the group that thinks he would offer an upgrade. We need a coach who is a proven signal caller.

nfo, Where did Marinelli have success as a DC? Wasn't he in Tampa as a DL coach? I thought Monte Kiffin was the DC in Tampa?

Maybe I'm missing a stint somewhere...

Agreed.

We basically need someone that doesn't have Smith's seal of approval...

Your right. He was the DL coach for nearly a decade for TB, though he was "asst H/C" toward the end. He went from position coach to HC.

My bad. Okay, take me out of the group that thinks he would offer an upgrade. We need a coach who is a proven signal caller.

Well it might be a blessing in disguise, because if he brings in RM and tries to continue with the cover 2 we will only have one more season of Lovie and his stoic, no fire, not giving a damn. The cover 2 will not work without a pass rush from the defensive line. Since we wont be able to do that with our current personnel, it wont work. I have never seen a pass rush this atrocious =. Every single team we play has all day to throw the ball, and the cover 2 is the easiest defense to pick apart with no pass rush.

I kind of thought that as well...

However, I foresee a slight upgrade...and just enough to make Smith keep his job until his contract runs out. There's a chance ownership can cut ties with one year left, but I just don't see it.

Well it might be a blessing in disguise, because if he brings in RM and tries to continue with the cover 2 we will only have one more season of Lovie and his stoic, no fire, not giving a damn. The cover 2 will not work without a pass rush from the defensive line. Since we wont be able to do that with our current personnel, it wont work. I have never seen a pass rush this atrocious =. Every single team we play has all day to throw the ball, and the cover 2 is the easiest defense to pick apart with no pass rush.

He needs to go yesterday. Firing Ravira was the WORST move this team has made in some time. Look at how the defense has played sinc ehe left... nuf said.

Rivera wasnt fired. his contract was up and the Bears chose not to give him a new deal. But in hindsight, doing that was dumb.