Forte, Jones, AP, Wolfe

jason

1. Why was Jones inactive?

2. Why did AP receive carries so early in the game (2nd & 3rd QTR)?

3. What were Wolfe's run-plays? The play-by-play never really tells the whole story of sweep versus off-tackle.

Thanks

1. The speculation is this is because Jones does not play special teams. I don't think he will be activated unless Forte is hurt going forward.

2. I think they were just resting Forte for a series here and there.

3. I believe they were all off tackle.

Peace

This idiot coaching staff thinks AP is a better RB than KJ apparently. :rolleyes:

More than likely it's all about roster spots. KJ doesn't contribute on ST. AP and Wolfe does that and by keeping KJ out the Bears can have both Buenning adnd Williams on the active roster. Two players that I'm more interested to see on the field than Kevin Jones ATM. It's not like he has taken a chance on the plays he was given earlier in the season.

So, because KJ doesn't play on special teams, we sit him.

Brilliant coaching staff we have. They forget that Wolfe and AP have no business backing up Forte?

KJ is a hell of alot better RB than them two combined. Now, i'm not hating on Wolfe and AP.

But, it's the truth.

Brilliant coaching staff we have. They forget that Wolfe and AP have no business backing up Forte?

KJ is a hell of alot better RB than them two combined. Now, i'm not hating on Wolfe and AP.

But, it's the truth.

Sure KJ is better than AP and Wolfe, no argument. BUT since Forte plays so well we don't need him ATM as a backup. Right now he would just steal an active roster spot over a DB or OL. Right now KJ is a luxuary we don't need to activate ATM.

But, it's the truth.

The point being that if you inactivate KJ, you can activate another special teams contributor. AP and GW are perfectly capable of filling in for 5 to 10 carries a game.

If Forte gets hurt, you will see Jones active for the next game as the starter.

Peace :dabears

But, it's the truth.

With the Wolfe comment, I disagree. How the heck do we know if he's capable of being a competent backup? We don't. Give him a chance, and see what he does. He sure has proven himself on special teams, a place where a "little guy" is not supposed to make such a massive contribution. The simple fact is, the guy has the "it factor"...why not let him get the carries when Forte is tired? It's not as if AP, who I think we all love as a hard-working contributor, is going to dazzle us with his play. Wolfe has that chance.

I don't care how good Forte is. You can't run him every damn time.

You signed KJ for a reason. Use him, you damn idiots.

Take one look at the G-Men using Jacobs and Ward. Awesome duo.

Bears coaching staff should take some notes.

I don't care how good Forte is. You can't run him every damn time.

You signed KJ for a reason. Use him, you damn idiots.

Take one look at the G-Men using Jacobs and Ward. Awesome duo.

Bears coaching staff should take some notes.

Peterson looked fine yesterday. Why put in KJ when Peterson is going to run like that?

Why is Bears88 being like this? He wants KJ into action because we paid him this offseason? Because he likes Jones? Give me a break- AP is getting paid too and in times of need if our starter goes down, AP has been good.

Bears88 is also missing two other facts.

One: although hester hasn't lit it up in the return game, this team can use as many bodies as possible on kick returns and AP is one of the best in the special teams department, and wolfe has emerged as well, so them being on the active roster is a combination of their ability to spell forte for a series here or there and the fact that wolfe excells in kickoff coverage, and AP excells in both kickoff coverage and return blocking, so as much as we the fans would like to see what kj brings week in and week out, due to the massive amount of injuries the special teams unit has faced and the lack of production that comes with it, it makes more "football sense to keep AP and Wolfe in the 53 man roster.

Two: it would be completely irresponsible to put kj in right now. What if he gets hurt? Then we don't have anyone backing up forte that can bring to the table what forte does. So, in keeping kj inactive in essence he makes a great insurance policy if god forbid something happens to forte. Less use on him now means a fresh set of legs if called upon. Not to metion forte is really emerging as a bright spot that all us fans can look forward to for the next 5-10 years.

Why is Bears88 being like this? He wants KJ into action because we paid him this offseason? Because he likes Jones? Give me a break- AP is getting paid too and in times of need if our starter goes down, AP has been good.

C'mon dude - he is entitled to his opinion. Further, it is a valid question. I have heard alot of people call into sportstalk this week and last asking about Jones. Personally, I understand the logic of inactivating him - he is not worth the roster spot for 2-5 carries a game.

Bottom line - It's obvious you don't like him and he doesn't like you. Why else would you bring up his name in your post. My recommendation - ignore his posts.

Peterson looked fine yesterday. Why put in KJ when Peterson is going to run like that?

Agreed 100%. If AP had sucked, we'd have to question it. But AP looked good.

Does anyone remember that he finished the season as our #1 RB last year?

And we finished the season strong?

I never want to see AP as our #1 RB, but he's one helluva a #2. Most important,

he's a complete back and a good blocker.

I was w/ you, right up until "good blocker". Last year, I thought AP was our worst blocker among our RBs. I honestly felt both Wolfe and Benson were better. AP was that bad. He was smart, and usually knew where to go, but would then just get blown up.

Now w/ that said, I have no problem w/ his being active and KJ not. People don't want to admit it, but our special teams has simply not been good this year, and we can not afford to de-activate good special teams players. Nor do I believe KJ is good enough to warrant a spot w/o playing special teams. Sorry, but backups play special teams, and if you can't, don't be upset when you are not active.

Agreed 100%. If AP had sucked, we'd have to question it. But AP looked good.

Does anyone remember that he finished the season as our #1 RB last year?

And we finished the season strong?

I never want to see AP as our #1 RB, but he's one helluva a #2. Most important,

he's a complete back and a good blocker.

C'mon dude - he is entitled to his opinion. Further, it is a valid question. I have heard alot of people call into sportstalk this week and last asking about Jones. Personally, I understand the logic of inactivating him - he is not worth the roster spot for 2-5 carries a game.

Bottom line - It's obvious you don't like him and he doesn't like you. Why else would you bring up his name in your post. My recommendation - ignore his posts.

He isn't asking any question. He's calling out our coaches for not activating a POS back who couldn't make it with Detroit. The guy isn't as good as he was before 19 surgeries to his legs.

Our coaches deserve to be called out for things that actually matter, like stupid play calling or not enough emotion shown, not because some RB didn't play.

And why is all this being said the day after AP averages 7 ypc?

He isn't asking any question. He's calling out our coaches for not activating a POS back who couldn't make it with Detroit. The guy isn't as good as he was before 19 surgeries to his legs.

Our coaches deserve to be called out for things that actually matter, like stupid play calling or not enough emotion shown, not because some RB didn't play.

And why is all this being said the day after AP averages 7 ypc?

Someone else on this board was calling out the coaches for handing off to Peterson last week instead of Wolfe when we were getting blown out. That individual and I had a nice, civil discussion and we both agreed to disagree. You handle it however you want to. Personally, if I had such a disliking for another individual, I would avoid discussions with them and talking about them.

Kevin Jone's 3.2 ypc is pretty impressive. I honestly don't understand all the complaining about Jones because he has looked slow and is not very nimble at the LOS. Everyone seems to forget he had a major knee surgery just last December. The fact he was even taking carries for us back in Sep/Oct was pretty impressive IMO but I also don't think he's back to where he will be. Contrary to others I actually think we'll make an attempt to resign him. Whether he takes that deal or looks to be a starter somewhere is anyone's guess.

I agree with the special teams arguments for keeping AP and Wolfe active. I agree even more with keeping Williams and Beuning active because we need Oline help, if not now definitely down the road. I do not view Terrance Metcalf as Oline help. Sometimes you have to look at the sum of the parts but you also have to keep an eye on developing some players for the future. If Beuning and Williams can get their feet wet on some special teams play it's ok by me.

Yds per carry......

AP

2007 - 3.4

2006 - 4.1

2005 - 5.1

KJ

2007 - 3.8

2006 - 3.8

2005 - 3.6

I believe Kevin Jones is fortunate to be playing in the NFL.

The CHICAGO BEARS were the only NFL team to offer him a contract after he was released by the Lions.

The lack of anyone showing interest in signing him had much more to do w/ his injury than ability.

In posting the below numbers, you seem to have left off 2004. In that year, he had: 1,133 (4.7 ypc) and 5 scores.

Sure, his YPC were down the next few years, but seriously. He played for Detroit. 3.8 ypc is pretty good in Detroit. He also did rack up 5, 6 & 8 rushing scores each year. I would further point out that his 61 catches for over 500 yards and another couple scores is impressive.

Kevin Jones is a good RB who was unfortunate to play for Detroit. The key reason teams didn't show more interest in him this offseason was due to injury. Even when he signed w/ us, it was expected he would start the season on the PUP, and it was unknown if he would be available after that.

I have no problem w/ our signing him. I think it was a good signing (risk/reward). I would have no problem if we wanted to use him more, but at the same time, I have no problem if we want to de-activate him due to his lack of special teams potential.

Yds per carry......

AP

2007 - 3.4

2006 - 4.1

2005 - 5.1

KJ

2007 - 3.8

2006 - 3.8

2005 - 3.6

I believe Kevin Jones is fortunate to be playing in the NFL.

The CHICAGO BEARS were the only NFL team to offer him a contract after he was released by the Lions.