Anybody else upset about Justin Gage?

Rush23

What got into him? He was awful in Chicago and he goes on to Tennessee and is contributing like a real WR. He ended the season last year on a hot streak of several games and is having a decent year so far this year with Kerry "Im drunked" Collins. I always hate when a player leaves the Bears and goes elsewhere and contributes more than he did in Chicago.

It's called coaching and scheming...something our staff isn't as good at as Fisher and crew in TEN...

What got into him? He was awful in Chicago and he goes on to Tennessee and is contributing like a real WR. He ended the season last year on a hot streak of several games and is having a decent year so far this year with Kerry "Im drunked" Collins. I always hate when a player leaves the Bears and goes elsewhere and contributes more than he did in Chicago.

Im not upset at the Bears for these guys leaving and succeeding, Im pissed at these guys for having to be cut to start to perform. We can point to stats and scheme all we want, but Bobby Wade had an extreme case of fumblitis and the dropsies while he was with the Bears, and Mark Bradley couldnt stay healthy, everytime we looked up he was tweaking his knee or rolling his ankle or something. Justin Gage showed flashes of what we see now, but he wasnt consistent and he was another guy who couldnt hold on to the ball.

Its amazing what losing a job will change in a guy. These guys had everything handed to them from high school up, and when they finally lost their jobs, and lost their paychecks, they realized they needed to actually put forth extra effort in their game, and now we see it paying off.

Just MHO

Im not upset at the Bears for these guys leaving and succeeding, Im pissed at these guys for having to be cut to start to perform. We can point to stats and scheme all we want, but Bobby Wade had an extreme case of fumblitis and the dropsies while he was with the Bears, and Mark Bradley couldnt stay healthy, everytime we looked up he was tweaking his knee or rolling his ankle or something. Justin Gage showed flashes of what we see now, but he wasnt consistent and he was another guy who couldnt hold on to the ball.

Its amazing what losing a job will change in a guy. These guys had everything handed to them from high school up, and when they finally lost their jobs, and lost their paychecks, they realized they needed to actually put forth extra effort in their game, and now we see it paying off.

Just MHO

IMHO I think it's more to do with they had the talent but were just not used properly. Gage is a big tall WR...and we ask him to go deep at the time not his gig, Wade is a slot WR nothing special and we ask him to do too much. Bradley was a good outside WR and we put Booker in front of him....so it's our fault that these guys are making it big else where.

If you all remember correctly, all of Wade, Gage, and Bradley were in the team's doghouse for one reason or another. They showed flashes while playing for us, but because our coaches didn't like something they did, they never got another chance with us. Bobbles Wade for that one day he fumbled 94 punts, Gage when he got the ball stripped from him against the Dolphins in 06, and Bradley for having chronic leg injuries.

Im not too upset about it. Despite the fact our offensive coaches havent wowed me with their development abilities to me Gage had more than enough time to make an impact and he never did.

Agreed 100%. I wish he would have shown more with us and am glad he is succeeding now but he is gone so I really don't concern myself with him.

Peace :dabears

Bradley is already hurt in KC. Gage, he's doing ok in Tenn but without that running game I don't think he'd be seeing as much success. He's in a good situation for him and is making the most of it.

Wade had more fumbles than any other player I can recall except Hester. He bounced around a bit before signing with the Vikings who, since they signed him, have complained they need better WRs. So they went out and got Berrian for $8mil/yr.

Of the three, Berrian is the only guy I miss but wouldn't have kept him around at the salary he's getting.

Am I upset about WRs who leave the Bears and do well? Yes. Absolutely. I think the majority of the problems are because of coaching. It's hard to argue otherwise. Gage and Bradley showed real flashes of doing great things on the field, but never had a real opportunity for whatever reason. Wade showed he had great potential as a possession WR, and he's become a great one, but he couldn't overcome "Fumblegate".

The one that hurts the most is Bradley, because he was finally healthy, showing spark every time he was in the game, and just never got the shot - even after being declared the #1 WR in preseason. But since this coaching staff is severely lacking he never got the shot.

The worst part: We'll see it again and again because of this coaching staff and this organization and their insistance on ignoring the offense, and offensive line specifically.

Am I upset about WRs who leave the Bears and do well? Yes. Absolutely. I think the majority of the problems are because of coaching. It's hard to argue otherwise. Gage and Bradley showed real flashes of doing great things on the field, but never had a real opportunity for whatever reason. Wade showed he had great potential as a possession WR, and he's become a great one, but he couldn't overcome "Fumblegate".

The one that hurts the most is Bradley, because he was finally healthy, showing spark every time he was in the game, and just never got the shot - even after being declared the #1 WR in preseason. But since this coaching staff is severely lacking he never got the shot.

The worst part: We'll see it again and again because of this coaching staff and this organization and their insistance on ignoring the offense, and offensive line specifically.

When was this? As said previously, he is already hurt in KC

When was this? As said previously, he is already hurt in KC

He's been pretty much injury free this year. He was injury free when with the Bears this year, but didn't get to play. He's been injury free for the next nine weeks with KC. He's been injury free enough with the Chiefs to do more in six games of actually being used, than he did in just about his entire Chicago Bears career (despite the fact the dearth of Bears' WRs). Not to mention the fact that he's listed as questionable, but will more than likely play.

The questionable tag on the injury report is ambiguous at best in the NFL. Brian Westbrook was questionable this week, and had 4 TDs. I know because he killed me in fantasy.