2009 Draft Scenarios

jason

I'm all for getting Boldin, but I do still believe we have to consider everything. Boldin is not a FA. We have to trade for him. While I am not opposed to trading for a player, I do believe the price matters. I am not sure I am willing to give up a 1st and 3rd (for example) and then provide him w/ a new deal which makes him one of the top 5 highest paid WRs in the league, which I bet is what he demands.

I think I would rather just sign TJ Housyourmama. IMHO, TJ has proven he is not just a compliment to CJ. TJ is a #1 WR in his own regard. I like Boldin more, but if giving the choice between getting TJ w/o compensation and Boldin for whatever AZ demands, I think I would just as soon get TJ.

I would give a 2nd for Boldin. I'm not sold Housh as a true #1, as he has always had a good QB throwing to him as a reliable possession reciever. IMO - we need an identity with our #1 that will allow our #2 and #3 to make themselves known.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss was had for far less... I'd say a #2 might be able to get him and I'd say that's worth it. Or maybe trade our first and get their #2...something other than just losing a 1st. The possibilities are endless...including trading Ogun or other players...

Moss was a complete turd in Oakland. They were happy to get anything for him.

Boldin is not only a stud but, from everything I hear, he is a tremendous locker room leader. If traded, he will cost someone a #1 - book it.

Peace :dabears

We'll hold ya to that Connor! ;)

All I'm saying is that a top WR need not cost a 1st rounder.

Although I would not be surprised. Wash, or some team may overpay...

Moss was a complete turd in Oakland. They were happy to get anything for him.

Boldin is not only a stud but, from everything I hear, he is a tremendous locker room leader. If traded, he will cost someone a #1 - book it.

Peace :dabears

If you look at the Roy Williams trade you are more than correct. Williams fetched a 1st, 3rd and 6th with the Lions giving a 7th.

Here's were the plot thickens. 1st - Williams was tradeable so the Lions had nothing to lose by unloading him. 2nd - Jerry Jones in all his arrogance in conjunction with his desparation to win a playoff game overpaid for a Texas player he's drooled over for years. 3rd - With so much money locked up in Fitz, the Cards are likely not going to come close to what Boldin wants as a startegy to not overpay at one position. 4th - we have a multitude of players that have tradeable contracts that would lessen the draft pick hit.(heck, I might throw Hester in to the mix)

On the flip side; 1 - Everyone knows how desparate we are for a #1. 2 - Other teams will be quickly in the mix for his services, causeing whoever gets him to sign quickly which usually is done by overpaying. Lastly, How many deals like this come to be fruitfull?

All told, my vote is for going for it. Because we all know we can't continue to rely on Forte the way we have. Odds are he won't last through many heavy carry seasons. Add to that defenses have figured out our recivers can't get off the LOS, giving them ample time to get to Orton. The smoke and mirrors is over.