Packers @ Bears 12-22-08

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may depend on Minny on what happens...but I fear GB will play their hearts out to spoil our parade...

24- 21 GB :(

Ok, if you want a conspiracy theory let me throw this at you. As much as we dislike the Packers and relish every victory we have against them, in talking to friends and coworkers who are Packer fans, although the Packers are rivals of the Bears, they dislike the Vikes even more than the Bears. Therefore maybe they would prefer to screw the Vikes than the Bears? LOL

Doesn't matter, we are going to win, take it to the bank!

Actually, I did once, but I can't remember the exact game, but I know we lost that game. So I felt it safer to predict a loss, and then we won. So I'm keeping to that...

Plus, given what happens on Sunday, there could be added incentive on GB's part to spoil our hopes... So far in games we've had to win in our division, we're not so good... When it comes to divisonal games, especially the Packers, you can kind of throw the records out the window at this time of the year. While not that great, they aren't that bad.

I'll hope and think we can win...but I fear the worst.

Seriously- have you ever picked us to win a game besides when we played Detroit?

I actually have heard similar! I'd love to think they'll lay down for us, but they won't I'm sure!

I just hope your bank is solvent! Let me know on Tuesday where I should deposit funds!

Ok, if you want a conspiracy theory let me throw this at you. As much as we dislike the Packers and relish every victory we have against them, in talking to friends and coworkers who are Packer fans, although the Packers are rivals of the Bears, they dislike the Vikes even more than the Bears. Therefore maybe they would prefer to screw the Vikes than the Bears? LOL

Doesn't matter, we are going to win, take it to the bank!

Not I. I despise Green Bay more than any team that's ever played in the NFL... I dislike Minny too, but they're not even close to GB in terms of dislike.

Minny's been a minor gnat... JUst let me know when they win a Super Bowl. Whereas Green Bay has far more history of F'ing us. In more recent year...the Jim McMahon cheap shot, Favre, Favre, Favre...

I'm just ill thikning of potentially losing to those JA's...

I definitley hate Minnesota more then Green Bay.

Count me in as someone who hates Green Bay with a passion, and merely dislikes Minnesota. In fact, I feel that if you dislike Minnesota more than Green Bay, you're missing a little historical perspective.

As far as the game, look for me on TV. Two friends (one just back from Iraq) and I are going to the game, and there is a guarantee we'll get face time. No shirts. Painted bodies. Book it.

Count me in as someone who hates Green Bay with a passion, and merely dislikes Minnesota. In fact, I feel that if you dislike Minnesota more than Green Bay, you're missing a little historical perspective.

As far as the game, look for me on TV. Two friends (one just back from Iraq) and I are going to the game, and there is a guarantee we'll get face time. No shirts. Painted bodies. Book it.

Good luck. I hope you don't freeze your nuts off in the -13 degree wind chill that's projected for Monday.

Will be there as well. Section 359, row 13. Stop by if you get a chance.

Peace :dabears

Not I. I despise Green Bay more than any team that's ever played in the NFL... I dislike Minny too, but they're not even close to GB in terms of dislike.

Minny's been a minor gnat... JUst let me know when they win a Super Bowl. Whereas Green Bay has far more history of F'ing us. In more recent year...the Jim McMahon cheap shot, Favre, Favre, Favre...

I'm just ill thikning of potentially losing to those JA's...

Count me in as a devout Packer hater, as I hate them yet respect the franchise. I equally hate the Vikings and Lions, with no respect of franchise.

This game won't even matter if Minny wins on Sunday.

Of course it will. For us to be mathematically removed from the possibility of playing in January, Atlanta AND Tampa AND Dallas all have to win too, and since Minnesota plays Atlanta, we'll still have a chance even if Minnesota wins.

Of course it will. For us to be mathematically removed from the possibility of playing in January, Atlanta AND Tampa AND Dallas all have to win too, and since Minnesota plays Atlanta, we'll still have a chance even if Minnesota wins.

Nope. Pulled this from Briggs article earlier in the week:

If all of the following occurs, the Bears will be playing for 2009 come Monday:

Dallas defeats Baltimore on Saturday night

Minnesota defeats Atlanta on Sunday; wins NFC North

Tampa Bay defeats San Diego on Sunday

Philadelphia defeats Washington on Sunday

So it is entirely possible Monday nights game will be meaningless.

Agreed. I really don't harbor the hatred for teams that basically suck. It's the ones that are good that are thorns in one's side...

Last I checked, Detorit and Minny don't have any rings...next.

Count me in as a devout Packer hater, as I hate them yet respect the franchise. I equally hate the Vikings and Lions, with no respect of franchise.

Agreed...

I'll keep a lookout!

Bring a win!

To clarify, because I think I may need a nuclear physics degree to figure this out...

If any of that doesn't happen, we still have a shot?

All those games could go either way when to take in consideration teams playing for a playoff spot, or playing spoil sport.

Nope. Pulled this from Briggs article earlier in the week:

If all of the following occurs, the Bears will be playing for 2009 come Monday:

Dallas defeats Baltimore on Saturday night

Minnesota defeats Atlanta on Sunday; wins NFC North

Tampa Bay defeats San Diego on Sunday

Philadelphia defeats Washington on Sunday

So it is entirely possible Monday nights game will be meaningless.

To clarify, because I think I may need a nuclear physics degree to figure this out...

If any of that doesn't happen, we still have a shot?

All those games could go either way when to take in consideration teams playing for a playoff spot, or playing spoil sport.

Correct. If any of those outcomes are different, we still are in it. The wild card, however, is a long shot. We need Atlanta to beat Minny.

I'm an Atlanta fan this weekend for sure!

Turner the burner, get it done!

Thanks for clarifying...have fun at the game! Bring a win home!

Correct. If any of those outcomes are different, we still are in it. The wild card, however, is a long shot. We need Atlanta to beat Minny.

I honestly do not see MIN beating ATL or NYG as long as both teams give 100% and do not sit starters.

I am concerned about the Bears two games. We should be able to win the next 2. SHOULD being the key word.

Baring any brain farts by our beloved's coaching staff or any key injuries, there is no reason why we can not beat GBP & HOU. If we do that and MIN chokes, we will have good momentum going into the playoffs.

Does anyone actually think MIN is all that good? T Jackson? No Pat Williams? Now they will be vulnerable against the run as well as the pass. Atlanta shouldlight them up and the Giants defense is way too good for them to win the closer.