How to fix the Bears

Boston Boxer

ok, yes i am a Patriot homer, but here is how i would at least attemp to turn our beloved Bears around (although it would never happen) Fire GM and coaches. Hire Scott Pioli as GM, Josh McDaniels (NE O Coord.) as head coach...let them hire the rest of the staff. Sign Matt Cassel. We need to turn this franchise in a new direction and i think those are the guys to do it. What say you

ok, yes i am a Patriot homer, but here is how i would at least attemp to turn our beloved Bears around (although it would never happen) Fire GM and coaches. Hire Scott Pioli as GM, Josh McDaniels (NE O Coord.) as head coach...let them hire the rest of the staff. Sign Matt Cassel. We need to turn this franchise in a new direction and i think those are the guys to do it. What say you

Chicago Patriot-lites!

Pass.

While I am saying NOTHING against Pioli, McDaniels or Cassell, I question how good any would be outside of NE. Right now, I think there is ample reason to question the individual greatness of any (outside Billichek).

Pioli has done a good job bringing in talent, but at the same time, I go back to the coaching and wonder just how much is the GM and how much the coach.

McDaniels - Weis and Crennel were supposed to also be geniuses, but once they left, both fell on their faces. I think the failures of these two put into question how much credibility you can put in Billicheck's staff. No question the offense has done well, but how much has really been Daniels and how much Billichek and/or system.

Cassell - He looks awesome, but again, how good does this kid look outside NE?

There is no arguing that NE has done very well, but I do think it can be questioned how well many of the individuals would do elsewhere.

just look what Dimitroff is doing in Atlanta after just one year. He has brought the NE way of doing business and made some outstanding moves. When you bring in coaches, they bring the system (or a lot of it) with them. It is a good system and with Cassel running it, we could have a real good football team in Chicago.

i am just sick of looking at the same stiffs coaching this team and the same front office that puts a mediocre product on the field every year

Certainly a HUGE improvment over what's currently in place...

How to fix the Bears:

- Add a good, reliable, consistent Quarterback.

- Add a legitimate #1 receiver.

- Add a possession receiver who doesn't drop passes.

- Improve the offensive line.

- Get a pair of healthy DT's who can stop the run in the middle and free things up for the LB.

- Get a pair of good DE's who can consistently put pressure on the QB and get big sacks.

- Add a good 3rd linebacker who can complement Urlacher and Briggs.

- Add a safety who is good in coverage.

- Fire the Defensive and Offensive coordinators.

- Completely get rid of the Cover-2.

- Hire a new head coach with a little fire (Cowher would be loved by Bears fans).

It's pretty obvious they need a high quality WR ala Chad Johnson or Anquan Boldin. Kyle Orton isn't a franchise quarterback but I could still tolerate another season with him IF IF we get one of those superstar receivers because they will make him into a better quarterback than what he is now. Forte is fine but I'd like to draft a RB who can step in and be a dynamic 1-2 punch. In this league its something you almost have to have to go anywhere in the playoffs and I worry Forte might keel over and die on the middle of the field next year from too many touches if we don't get him some help. We need another offensive lineman. Hopefully Chris Williams comes into next year and has a great year for us. Beekman is solid, but if we had one more really good lineman we could be pretty tough to beat in the run and pass. So basically the outline of the offense on what we need is this.

- Superstar WR (Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin)

- 1 or more really good offensive lineman

- Another possession receiver as a #2 or #3 next to Hester. (Could be Bennett?)

- A RB to share carries with Forte next year to help take the load off of his shoulders (Preferably a speedy back)

On defense we need a Safety. A pipe dream would be to get Taylor Mays in the draft but he'll likely be gone anywhere from 8-14. I can live with a Tillman/Graham CB tandem for another year I guess. The defensive line needs complete revamping. Anthony Adams is doing very well right now, he may stay but its important to get a guy that clogs the middle and stops the run so we don't have to put Urlacher in the box all the time as that 8th/9th man. Ogunleye can be replaced by a better pass rusher. Finally a 3rd linebacker next to Urlacher and Briggs.

The answer is that Chad "Ocho Cinco" is all about himself. He is a decent, not spectacular, WR with a lot of need for attention. He has no place on the Bears. He would be like T.O. is for Dallas...unnecessary drama. There are many other classy receivers out there that could be had for much less....headache and money.

This wanting to fire Lovie thing is just plain ridiculous. He just re-signed a new contract and face it, the team has a winning record, again. What he needs to do is search out some better folks for the role of OC and DC. I mean really, how far is this team from going to the Super Bowl again? The wanting of Cowher as HC is almost as ridiculous as wanting Lovie to go. They have comparable records to this point. So what if Lovie is not a fired up smash mouth guy...apparantly he is doing something right. The speculation that he has "lost the team" is just that...speculation. I say again, the Bears have a winning record and I say, keep Lovie.

Lastly, sign Cassel. Is there a possibility this would happen? I would certainly hope so. The Bears would look pretty fine with Cassel as #1, Orton as #2 and Hanie #3 (or vice versa for the last two).

300h.jpg

LOOK AT THAT...Me thinks he is onto something.

The answer is that Chad "Ocho Cinco" is all about himself. He is a decent, not spectacular, WR with a lot of need for attention. He has no place on the Bears. He would be like T.O. is for Dallas...unnecessary drama. There are many other classy receivers out there that could be had for much less....headache and money.

This wanting to fire Lovie thing is just plain ridiculous. He just re-signed a new contract and face it, the team has a winning record, again. What he needs to do is search out some better folks for the role of OC and DC. I mean really, how far is this team from going to the Super Bowl again? The wanting of Cowher as HC is almost as ridiculous as wanting Lovie to go. They have comparable records to this point. So what if Lovie is not a fired up smash mouth guy...apparantly he is doing something right. The speculation that he has "lost the team" is just that...speculation. I say again, the Bears have a winning record and I say, keep Lovie.

Lastly, sign Cassel. Is there a possibility this would happen? I would certainly hope so. The Bears would look pretty fine with Cassel as #1, Orton as #2 and Hanie #3 (or vice versa for the last two).

300h.jpg

LOOK AT THAT...Me thinks he is onto something.

Well, his brother does pitch in the White Sox organization, so that could explain the hat.

And if you think we are winning these games because of Lovie, you're way off. The only game I give to Lovie is the Eagles game. The Colts were a terrible team while Manning was going through pretty much his preseason, the Lions freakin suck (and they almost beat us the 2nd time, sadly), we won the 1st game vs. the Vikes mostly due to their mistakes, we got our dicks kicked in by the Packer for 3 halves, but the only reason why we won the 2nd meeting is because they gave it to us in the 2nd half, Rams freakin suck, same with the Jags this year, we went back and forth with the saints trying to give the game away and didn't play good at, and we'll see next week vs. the Texans.

I don't know how, but we have a winning record after playing like a shitty team for the majority of the season.

Well, his brother does pitch in the White Sox organization, so that could explain the hat.

And if you think we are winning these games because of Lovie, you're way off. The only game I give to Lovie is the Eagles game. The Colts were a terrible team while Manning was going through pretty much his preseason, the Lions freakin suck (and they almost beat us the 2nd time, sadly), we won the 1st game vs. the Vikes mostly due to their mistakes, we got our dicks kicked in by the Packer for 3 halves, but the only reason why we won the 2nd meeting is because they gave it to us in the 2nd half, Rams freakin suck, same with the Jags this year, we went back and forth with the saints trying to give the game away and didn't play good at, and we'll see next week vs. the Texans.

I don't know how, but we have a winning record after playing like a shitty team for the majority of the season.

Point is we do have a winning record and he does deserve some credit for that. So do the players. So does the front office. They also all deserve the blame for the 3 games that were blown earlier this yr.

Peace :dabears

One, I am not sure he will be available. Cincy is likely to lose TJ, who is an UFA. If they let CJ go too, they will have nothing for Palmer when he returned.

Two, they turned down two #1 picks from Wash. While CJ's value may have dropped since then, I hvae a hard time seeing Cincy take significantly less, as they will have to save face. They will likely demand no less than what Dallas gave Det for Roy Willams (1st and 3rd) plus a couple later 2nd day picks, and could be seeking a 1st and 2nd. That is rich for a team w/ so many needs.

Three, while I won't argue CJ was a top-notch receiver, I think it is fair to question whether he still is, or will be again. He has 53 catches for 540 yards, which makes him look more like a bear WR than a top notch WR. And before you mention their QB situation (a) isn't the idea that CJ would elevate the play of the QB and (B) TJ seems to have done well enough w/ about 90 catches and 1,000 yards under the same circumstances.

TJ is about to turn 31, which begs the question how long he can be counted on. Further, I would point out how this year has shown him to be a bit of a one trick pony. He is a deep threat WR, but absent a QB who can deliver the ball downfield, or an OL that buys time for downfield routes, his value is minimal.

I am not saying CJ is done, or that he sucks. But I think there is plenty of reason to question whether or not he is still an elite WR, or will be again. And this is key as he will cost a ton in draft picks.

It's pretty obvious that Chad Ocho Cinco hates playing in Cincy, and it makes sense since he'll probably be available. But it seems you are insinuating that he is not a top-notch receiver?

One, I am not sure he will be available. Cincy is likely to lose TJ, who is an UFA. If they let CJ go too, they will have nothing for Palmer when he returned.

Two, they turned down two #1 picks from Wash. While CJ's value may have dropped since then, I hvae a hard time seeing Cincy take significantly less, as they will have to save face. They will likely demand no less than what Dallas gave Det for Roy Willams (1st and 3rd) plus a couple later 2nd day picks, and could be seeking a 1st and 2nd. That is rich for a team w/ so many needs.

Three, while I won't argue CJ was a top-notch receiver, I think it is fair to question whether he still is, or will be again. He has 53 catches for 540 yards, which makes him look more like a bear WR than a top notch WR. And before you mention their QB situation (a) isn't the idea that CJ would elevate the play of the QB and (B) TJ seems to have done well enough w/ about 90 catches and 1,000 yards under the same circumstances.

TJ is about to turn 31, which begs the question how long he can be counted on. Further, I would point out how this year has shown him to be a bit of a one trick pony. He is a deep threat WR, but absent a QB who can deliver the ball downfield, or an OL that buys time for downfield routes, his value is minimal.

I am not saying TJ is done, or that he sucks. But I think there is plenty of reason to question whether or not he is still an elite WR, or will be again. And this is key as he will cost a ton in draft picks.

I think you got your TJ and CJ mixed up at the end of the post.

Peace :dabears